The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehehehhee....

Alright, Rysade... *hits him over head with bladed staff* no, I won't take a draw. Its bad for my rep.

"I want to find something I've wanted all along
    Somewhere I belong"
    -Somewhere I belong, Linkin Park

Comment

• hehehe, I look foward to this.
      *Grins and leans back into chair of reopened concession stand.
      "Hope you havn't misplaced your Longsword Rysade."

-IV-
      Ipha
      Dai Stihò
      -IV-
      Ipha
      Dai Stihò

Comment

• Thank you again, Civi.

Hummmm....good question on what to call me...I guess you could call me by my real name, but where would the fun in that be? "Aundrea" isn't very interesting.

yay!!!20 pages!!!

Dai
        Aundrea of The Dirty Rotten City
        I Wear My Suglasses at Night
        Now aren't you happy that you read this?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
        When we first practice to decieve!"
        -Sir Walter Scott
        :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
        Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
        A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Come on, your saying that isn't interestingÂż?Âż? It sounds a lot cooler than Sue or something. If not that make up a fake name.

-IV-
          Ipha
          Dai Stihò
          -IV-
          Ipha
          Dai Stihò

Comment

• Aundrea is a really interesting name... does it mean anything?
            T
            sig trim - gf
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• So, tell me honestly, do you think it's worth sitting through Halle Berry telling you about her latest movie to get a few minutes' worth of promo material on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Matrix: Revolutions? Is it worth going to see Neil Gaiman talk about 1602 if you have to miss hearing Kevin Smith talk about Jersey Girl? If I decide to hear Joss Whedon speak about Buffy and Fray, is it worth skipping out on the promo trailers for Spiderman2, Hellboy and Underworld--especially if Kate Beckinsale's actually there? Should I go watch the Scary Godmother animated special if it means missing out on watching Kyle Baker, Scott Shaw!, Sergio Aragones, and Jim Lee duking it out in comic sketches?

Honestly. Multi-track programming at a very large sf con can be such a pain. A good one, mind you, but still a pain.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hmm.... those are hard. Do you have a friend with a video camera?
                T
                sig trim - gf
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Man, kli, if you have those kind of decisions to make every day, i don't know how you sleep at night, I mean honestly....but the trailer for Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban is tempting....

No, i don't think it means anything....if anybody knows of something it means, by all means, please tell me....it probably means, like, grass in Yiddish or something....it would figure....
                  sig trim - gf

Comment

• Aundrea fem. for Andrew...

From this link.

The meaning of Andrew
                    Origin: Biblical
                    Meaning: A strong man

Origin: English
                    Meaning: Manly; brave. In the bible the first of the twelve apostles chosen. Andrew is patron saint of Scotland and Russia. See also Jedrick and Kendrick.

Origin: Greek
                    Meaning: Manly. St Andrew, an apostle of Jesus Christ, later became patron saint of Scotland. The Scottish city St Andrews is named for him. It was in frequent use throughout Britain during the Middle Ages.

Origin: Scottish
                    Meaning: Manly. From the Greek Andrew. Has long been a popular Scottish name, because St. Andrew is the Patron Saint of Scotland after whom the town of St Andrews was named.

Origin: Shakespearean
                    Meaning: 'Twelfth Night', also called 'What You Will' Sir Andrew Aguecheek.
                    considering the recurring meaning there, I find it odd that there IS a fem. version of Andrew.

I just remembered something. Anderson (i.e. Thomas Anderson, the Matrix) means "son of man." I probably should have guessed that "Ander" means man. Effectively, your name suggests that you're quite the tomboy.

--Dai StihĂł

Resident Bishonen
                    I'm sorry girls, you'll have to wait outside...
                    It's not that, I just don't think you'll all fit...
                    Yes, Yes, I know... I missed the chat.

Comment

• so Aundrea, you're manly, strong, brave, an apostle, and you have a little Shakespearean in you. I guess that's good. Oh wait, i mean womanly. not manly. oops...

COME VISIT THE COFFEE SHOP!!!

Comment

• OOOHHHH. Well, now. I see how it is. You both think. You both think I'm really manly. Well. I see.
                        sig trim - gf

Comment

• I think it has something to do with you avatar.

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

• You are all crazy. BUT THAT WAS OBVIOUS!!!!!! It's going to be funny when this is like 100 pages and we remember when we were celebrating about a mere 20. And just because I find your ranting funny enough that I'll read 18 pages of it does not make me weird! It's everything else about me that does.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Tried again. Failed again. Failed better."
                            The World is Quiet Here
                            Restelle
                            Violence is not the answer except during Ski Club and on the web.
                            Ner Musan Hashima Biranya
                            READ MERCEDES LACKEY!!!!
                            I promise I will use no more fun funs
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            Be happy life is good

Comment

• Hey, I was just kidding. What my name means reflects nothing about me. I know that i am not the most girlish girl on the face of the planet, because if I was, then why would i be here? I would be shopping instead. I also know that I am not a really boyish girl because occasionally i paint my fingernails, I can watch romance movies without throwing up, (although they are getting nastier and nastier, sometimes I feel like I am going to), and I wear my hair long. My hair is about a yard long. i was just kidding about the whole "OOOHHH, I see how it is" thing. i like to joke around.
                              sig trim - gf

Comment

• Tui wrote: Do you have a friend with a video camera?

Yes, but she's not bringing it. :-) Besides, she has manga and anime panels to attend at the same time. I'm on my own. Luckily, I'm not a Straczynski fan (I think he's doing four panels that same day), and there's nothing opposite the Teen Titans panel that I want to see.

crookedfrog wrote: Man, kli, if you have those kind of decisions to make every day, i don't know how you sleep at night, I mean honestly...

Luckily, it's not every day. Just four days out of every year and those four days I really don't wanna sleep, anyway . I love this convention--it's like a really big party. I began going when I was 14, and over 20 years later, I'm still going.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X