No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. 21 pages in one day. We only just reached 20 last night!!!!!

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• either we have alot to say, or we all have LOTS of down time....

Dai
      Aundrea of The Dirty Rotten City
      I Wear My Suglasses at Night
      Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
      CRUD-MONKEYS!!!!

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
      When we first practice to decieve!"
      -Sir Walter Scott
      :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
      A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• The worst thing about living on the other side of the world is, you go to sleep, wake up, and when you come back there are about 5 different posts and you want to say stuff about three of them.

So: Aundrea: Heh.

Rysade: Not that you're really interested, but there's probably a feminine version in an attempt to give a child her father's name, or honour a male relative.

kli6: Oh well, it was worth a try.
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• You're... going to the... *tries to remember which it is* SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON???

AHHH!!!!! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!

Kurima- You know, it really is sad when you know every convention that involves anime and manga, even when you're on the OTHER SIDE OF NORTH AMERICA...

Did you know that they're having another anime convention in Australia? I think it might be in Melbourne, because the one earlier this year, at Sydney I think. was a big hit...

Kurima- And is even sadder when you know convention from the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET...

So? I can name almost every convention in North America involving anime/manga through til...oh, october or so... I so wanted to go to Anime North, but nooo......... AHHH!!! I wanna go!!!

Kurima- y'know, if we went to CA this year, which we aren't due to the stupid sars scare, you could've gone...

BE QUIET, YOU!!! *sniffle* I wanted to gooo....

"I want to find something I've wanted all along
          Somewhere I belong"
          -Somewhere I belong, Linkin Park

Comment

• I know for me it is just a little bit of both...

THANK YOU TUI!!! I was starting to think that I was the only person who thought it possible that there was a FEMALE version.......

I love that guy!!!!!!^^
            sig trim - gf
            :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
            A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Aurora, my reports on the convention will probably be a sad, sad disappointment to you. I tend to eschew the anime programming for the tv/movie/comics stuff. I swear, one year, Rumiko Takahashi showed up and I didn't know about it until after the con was over.

Besides, while Comic-Con's good for the anime and manga it's still a superhero-centric kinda gathering. The one you really want is probably Otakon.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Ok, I for once have nothing to say except that I have no interest in these things because I could never go to any conventions. Unless I went with Kate. Aurora, do you know of any conventions in Minnesota?

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Tried again. Failed again. Failed better."
                The World is Quiet Here
                Restelle
                Violence is not the answer except during Ski Club and on the web.
                Ner Musan Hashima Biranya
                READ MERCEDES LACKEY!!!!
                I promise I will use no more fun funs
                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                Be happy life is good

Comment

• I have a question about signatures, is the purpose of them to use quotes and stuff or actual signatures, cuz I just thought of the fact that I think they were originally invented so that you didn't have to put your name down all the time, but I'm not sure.
                  ----
                  Great. I sound like a newbie.
                  combined posts - gf

*Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

• [splutter]. I was in Minneapolis for World Fantasy Convention last November. We had an absolute blast. Of course, World Fantasy, like Worldcon, moves from city to city every year.

But Minicon's pretty fine, too. The MNSTF site might have info on cons in the area.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *sniff* There was something, can't remember what, but there was a reason that Diane Duane came to Minneapolis, and guess where I was!? In Baltimore, where she had been sometime earlier in the year, or would be coming too later, I can't remember which, but I was in DC and Baltimore!!!!!!!!! GRRR.

*Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• Didn't DD come to Long Island too?

Comment

• Dunno, she probably did.

*Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• Agent M., I've been on the 'net since 1985, and occasionally I still ask newbie-ish questions. Don't worry about it. A "signature", or .sig as we oldfarts call it, was simply a way of injecting a little personality into your 'net persona. A lot of people require boilplate text for things like legal statements and disclaimers, or to give an e-mail address [this was back before .-domains were in use and your e-mail address could be two lines long] or other contact information. Then folks started using them for funny quotes and the like.

Personally, I don't much like sigs on a message board, because it tends to clutter up a discussion. But, say, if I'm posting on USENET, I'll sometimes stick in one of my old sig quotes. The only basic netiquette I've heard about sigs is keeping them short, because they take up space and people have to pay to download them. Or multiple copies of them. The standard, way back when, was four lines, but that's probably changed now that bandwidth has gotten cheaper.

It's like the avatars: just try to be polite about it, and remember that not everybody's on broadband or somebody else's nickel.

Comment

• Okay. Just wondering.
                              *Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• Yeah, I just looked it up, she came to Long Island TWICE. I can't believe it, I live on LOng Island and I didn't even realise she came. Of course, John Glenn came here too, and I didn't find out until the next day so...

Comment

Working...
                                X