Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha... I think I've bugged so many people so often, that they're fed up with me. Even my Twilight friends, and little sister, give me these looks... they just aren't TRUE fans like me!
    Joking.
    Sort of.

One of my friends and I always get annoyed when we walk in B&N, cause they've built this shrine (it's what we call it; well, actually Fareeda says they're pimpin it out, cause... I don't know.) but anyways they went and put OTHER vampire books (like Marked, Betrayed, and Chosen - which I still am refusing to read any time soon - and also the Vampire Diaries series) that aren't anywhere as good - in our opinions - and both of us have contemplated throwing the books off the table. On a happier note... they have a Twilight styled gift card that I want. It doesn't have to have money on it, I just want the card. XD

I particularly liked (what was it - yesterday's?) quote by Rosalie: "Over my pile of ashes." XD And from what I can tell, Alice is vicious! (not that we all didn't know that before!)

And today's (or the one just put up, by Sam) is interesting, in an ominous way... of course, I'm not taking anything for face-value. XD

7 days, NO HOURS, 33 minutes and about 30 seconds.
    "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I like the "Over my pile of ashes" one. It's absolutely hilarious, and does sound like something Rose would say.

Sam's quote was...interesting. And it makes me unbelievably curious. I need that book!

*screams loudly, then goes to library website, sees that the library is only getting one copy, and dies quickly*

Edit: *Then realizes that for the audiobook, which I'm second on the list for, they are getting 2 copies, which means I'll get the book the second they get it, which is good compared to the waiting list for the actual book* *is happy*
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I'm in North Carolina... and it's wicked sunny outside.

So I'm sitting in the sun, and guess what?!? I'm glittering!! Sparkles are reflecting off of my skin, and at first I didn't know why...

But then my mom informed me that the lotion I had used has glitter in it.

So much for thinking I was a vampire. Haha.

5 days 10 hours and 33 mins!!!
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Awwww, it's too bad about the sparkling! Too bad you didn't turn out to be vampiric.

I need glittery lotion...that'd be fun. Maybe if I ever go to the beach with other Twilight fans, I'll give everyone some glitter lotion so that we'll sparkle...

I can't wait for the book!!!!!
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Haha! glitter lotion would be helpful for our delusions.... I know! I will wear it when I go to the Midnight Party, so I'll glitter! *squeals* I like Rose's quote for yesterday, too. XD Rose is just funny.

Five days, one hour, and ten minutes left. Eek!! I can't wait, can't wait... there's no way I'll be able to focus most of this week in Chem, let alone on Friday... I'll die of eagerness, be bouncing around... and the teacher will be wondering what I'm on.
            nine minutes now.
            "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Oh, I can just imagine all the fangirls at the midnight release glittering...kind of a scary picture...

I dunno, I was just planning on buying a pair of false teeth at Party City, but actually, the glitter sounds better. Besides, the books don't make it out like the Cullens have actual fangs...
              Jen (aka VampireInuFreak)

"Reading one book is like eating one potato chip." (Mrs. Lesser) (So You Want To Be A Wizard)

Comment

• Oh My Edward!!! I can't wait!! All my friends and I are planning to go to this one midnight party and we were all jumping up and down when we heard about it!! A couple of my friends and I were like "Omg! Barnes and Noble must already have the book in a storage room!! Let's go!!" But we didn't, because that would never work. oh my gosh I'm so excited!!
                ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

• Lucky lucky lucky lucky.
                  You people are all going to get the book at or around the 1st. I am in Ireland, and its coming 3 days late(r).

Decides to stop felling sorry for herself
                  Realizes that parents might buy the big, expensive book for her
                  feels better

Right now Im in Hungary, and if I would buy it here(which I am not, as I will not be here in 4 days) it would cost around 6000 to 7500 HUF (hungarian forints). This would be about 45 to 50 US dollars. Foriegn Language books are expensive in Hungary (paperback for 20 dollars).
                  “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                  -Groucho Marx

Comment

• *eyes bug out of head at price of books in Hungary* Yikes! That is practically... I don't know what it is, but it's not nice! (Haha... or, as my friend would say, not even cute!)

I feel badly for all the people's who won't be getting the book so early on August 2 that it's practically the 1.

Three days, 12 hours, and about 8 minutes....

Comment

• Daylily: Yeesh, books are expensive!

*glares at library website* I'm getting it three days late also...

There's a library one street over from my house, but it closed for renovation, and won't open until 09. It's not fair!
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• So I was looking at one of the Twilight websites and it said that Stephenie Meyer is supposed to appear on Good Morning America on Thursday, July 31st!!! So if anyone wants to wake up at 8 o'clock in the morning and watch a full hour to wait for her to come on... do it!!

And did you guys read about the spoiler on EW.com that Stephenie Meyer said herself?!?

Amazing. Can't wait!!!
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I am getting really really excited. Midnight release here I come!!

It's actually really cool, I have this friend who looks exactly like Bella does in the books. She has this dark hair and pale, almost translucent skin, and she's really really pretty and such, it's just so weird, she's sort of what you think of when you think Bella. She invited me and all, and well, it should be interesting. She was going to go find a boot, like for a broken leg, and wear a prom dress to the release. She had better win the costume contest XD
                          just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• *plugs ears*

I don't want to read any spoilers...until after I've finished the book!

*sigh* I'm gonna miss Steph being on Good Mornign America due to VBS! Not fair!

Can someone please please please please please record it and put it on youtube or something? Waaah!
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• ... If I weren't optimistic so much, the quote up right now would make me worried.... You know what, it's going to bother me anyways.

I WOULD watch Steph on Good Morning America, but I think I'd be brain dead that early. *sighs* I hope they put a link for it on her website. And I haven't read the spoiler yet, but I'm going to.

I have even more friends going to the party than I expected, it should be fun. Unfortunately, I have a Chem quiz that day (and tomorrow...eek!) so I am considering the party my reward for making it over a month in college chem.

THREE DAYS and FORTY-NINE MINUTES!! *spins in excited circles* That means tomorrow means two days, which then means ONE which equals Friday, the party, and ME BUYING THE BOOK!!!!

Comment

• Today is officially the day of the Cullen Cars, for me at least. This is the number of Cullen Cars I have seen in the past 24 hours:

1. Yellow Porches -- Seven
                                2. Black Mercedes -- I lost count, there were so many...
                                3. Red convertables -- Three
                                4. Jeeps -- 12
                                5. Silver Volvos -- 3

Wait--what car did Jasper have again? My memory is failing me! Oh no!

Yes, today is the first time I've seen an actual silver volvo, and I just happened to see three of them. I'm so happy! I was sitting in the car, and I see the numerals S40 out of the corner of my eye, so I looked quickly, and saw the silver volvo. It was very shiny...

I freaked out. I screamed "OH MY GOSH!" and basically pulled my sister off of her seat, and saying "LOOK AT THE SHINY VOLVO!"

She laughed quietly and we said "Stupid shiny volvo owner..." at the same time.

A couple minutes later, after the car was lost from sight, I saw another silver volvo, an S60 this time. Once again I said "Oh my gosh!" and squealed loudly. My mother was plugging her ears with her fingers, and grimacing.

And I heard my sister mumble, "Stupid shiny volvo spotter..."

I laughed so hard...
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X