Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That poem is... creepy
    I was in Ireland, and there was a car-sales place by the name of Bill Cullen...

I was in the supermarket yesterday, and I saw a poster done by a pre-school class. It was something like "Thank You For Letting Us Come To The Supermarket We Learned So Much Here"
    It was singed, and the names I noticed were; Issabella, Edward, Alice, Rosalie, Jessica and Angelina. What do you make of that?
    “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
    -Groucho Marx

Comment

• Daylily: Gasp! No way! That's soo.... weird/cool/funny!!! Haha. I can't believe that the names were so... similar. Haha

kk: The poem wicked awesome!! That's so cool. You know there's a book written by a Cullen, can't remember the first name... I'm kind of tempted in reading it because...

Garrett, I love Doctor Who! haha, I don't think I've seen that episode... do you think they have it on YouTube?

I really want to start talking about the book... I've been like itching to talk to someone who's finished it!!
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I've seen it there, but I'd recommend getting it on DVD (http://netflix.com/, for example). It's much better watched late at night, with all the lights in the house out, and the bass turned up. :-)

Re: preschools -- Erin's class had a couple of kids with highly recognizable names. I'm just blanking on which ones at the moment. It wasn't quite as blatant as Harry and Hermione, but it was close. :-)

And I'm very disappointed that I haven't seen any Mercedeses (sorry, Sound of Music flashback) or Volvos driving around. Yes, it's the other side of the country, but you'd think there'd be _some_ vampires living in Stephen King territory...

Excuse me, have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car?
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Daylily: Whoa, that's awesome! So funny! Meet those kids, and take pictures or something!

Emi: I need to look up that book...I saw others, when I looked up the name Cullen on www.gutenberg.com, and there were some books...one of them was about the history of the church, I think...I need to look that up...

I'm so excited! I'm having a Twilight party! *scream* My twilight-obsessed friends and I are making sure everything's going to be awesome, and very like the books. We each get to dress up like a Cullen, or other character from the saga!

I'm going to be Alice, my friend Liz is going to be Rosalie (which is ironic, because she really likes this guy named Emmett), and my other friend, who's a klutz, kind of, will be Bella!

Tomorrow I go shopping at thrift stores for Cullen-ish outfits, and/or jewelry. It's going to be fun! I've been trying to find charms for a charm bracelet: a wolf, and a faux diamond heart.

At the party, we're basically going to dress in costume, cover ourselves in glitter gel, and run around outside at the nearby park. Also, the weather forecast says there's going to be thunderstorms that day, so we're probably going to be playing baseball.

There will be actual food, of course, but we've decided that the only beverage there will be tomato juice, only served in wine glasses. (Blood substitute, of course. It's a bit clichéd, but it'll work.)

The party is going to make up for the fact that neither of us went to a midnight release party.

I'll take pictures of everyone in costume, and post them here. *is very very hyper and excited about party*
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• So. Um. Has anyone else heard the good news?

Twilight (the movie) is being moved up to November 21st since Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince got moved to the Summer of 2009.

Cool. Huh? I can't wait!! It's during Thanksgiving break... so I can go to the midnight premiere if I wanted to. I wouldn't have to go to school that day.

Alrighty, that's all I wanted to say.

Happy Day!

EDIT: Oh Garrett! I've seen some Mercedes and Volvos all over my town, but I'm Southern NH... Speaking of Stephen King, I almost stayed at Washington Hotel, or Hotel Washington, whatever it's called one summer. But we decided against it. Haha.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• Yeah, I got an email alert about the moving of Twilight to the 21st, but I didn't know that HBP was being moved to next summer: That's horrible! My father will be heartbroken! But I can only go to one or two movies a year, so this leaves a better chance of me being able to see Twilight...hmm...

It's going to be a good movie, I think. I like the trailers for it...I can't wait!

So do you think the HBP trailer is going to be shown with Twilight?
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• DD blogged about the Harry Potter movie delay last week. Must say I find it an extraordinary decision by Warner Bros.. I guess it does mean that Twilight will move up to Thanksgiving rather than Xmas, which may be a good thing for it. I slightly wonder why they didn't try to get it out at Halloween though...
                -- Rick.

Comment

• Yeah, I heard about that. But unfortunately I can't be as happy as I'd like to be about it because HBP is moving! *dies* I think it's going to be a good movie, though, so I'm not holding a grudge for it taking HBP's spot. As for what you said about the trailer, kk, I don't know. That's an interesting idea. Do you think they'd show it that far ahead?

Comment

• I think they might...They showed the Twilight trailer with Prince Caspian, even when they thought it wouldn't be released until December 12th.

I had an interesting conversation with a nurse at my grandfather's nursing home today. I mentioned Twilight to my sister and then she explained how her daughter made her stand in line at a bookstore for four hours to get BD for her...It sounded like a funny story...
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Aw man! Poor Harry. Lucky Dumbledore haha

Emi: Do you think a large PM could be started so that everyone who has read BD could discuss it there in the meantime?

Heh heh gargoyles... Wasn't there a cartoon about Gargoyles? Kind of like a He Man thing?

They never play Doctor Who on regular TV, so I've never really had the chance to sit down and watch it
                      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Mel: That sounds like a good idea. Do you want me to start one? If so, anyone who wants to talk about it, please just say so here...

Dr. Who plays on the SciFi channel every now and then. The season ended like a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if Catherine Tate is going to be in the next season?? Or even David Tennent? (Love him by the way)

Anyway back on topic, Twilight had a trailer for Prince Caspian?? I did NOT know that. I wanted to see that movie in theaters too! Ugh.

Um... Who do you think is the best portrayal of the Twilight Characters in the movie?

I want to say Emmett, because Kellan Lutz looks so much like what I thought Emmett would look like... minus the curly hair part.

Alice, Emmett, Bella, Edward, Rosalie, and Jasper

Carlisle and Esme

Jacob Black

Thats most of the characters...

Remember, if you want to do a PM about BD, just say so and then I'll start it up??

Comment

• Emmett and Alice...I just love Alice's hair! It's so awesome! Carlisle too, though. He looks as described. He's pretty much had the same affect on my friends that he did on ppl in the book, so, yeah.

Jacob needs a ponytail...
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• You know, the thing about Alice's hair is, I expected it to be shorter. Like, not really a pixie cut, but a bit longer than that and a bit shorter than in the movie.

Wow, what a convoluted answer.

Anyway!

I think Carlisle looks the most, and Esme too. The others are more or less in the general area of what they should look like, though I think Jasper would look much better with shorter hair. I guess Emmett looks the same, but he's sort of a cardboard character until book four so I never really spent too much time thinking about what he looked like, really. Sorry, Emi

Oh, and on the PM: Yeah, sure, go for it! I'd join to talk

Aww. Me = no SciFi channel.

ach weel.

EDIT: Oh, and I think Jacob generally looks all right I can't wait to see him on screen
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• *happy sigh*

I just made a huge container of glitter gel! It'll be so much fun tomorrow, when my friends and I get to use it! So now I'm all sparkly because I've been testing to see how shiny it is...and there's glitter pretty much covering the floor of my room... heheheh...
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• me = a little sad

Reason?

Here:

From stepheinemeyer.com:

As some of you may have heard, my partial draft of Midnight Sun was illegally posted on the Internet and has since been virally distributed without my knowledge or permission or the knowledge or permission of my publisher.

I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique. Due to little changes I made to the manuscript at different times, I can tell when each left my possession and to whom it was given. The manuscript that was illegally distributed on the Internet was given to trusted individuals for a good purpose. I have no comment beyond that as I believe that there was no malicious intent with the initial distribution.

I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga, I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet, doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this post). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

I do want to take a moment and thank the wonderful fans who have been so supportive of me over the past three years. I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you means to me. I only hope this note will stop all the confusion and online speculation so that the Twilight universe can once again become the happy escape it used to be. After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects.

--Stephenie
                                I did read the chapters, so that made me a little happy, but I really want her to finish it!! I'm currently holding a grudge against whoever leaked those chapters...

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html This is where you can find the chapters... and the article I quoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X