Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kk--Loving the Shakespeare. That's hilarious.

I got my book yesterday at 11:11 and read it in about five hours, which was longer than I thought it would be. I was reading in the car for two hours on the way home, though. GREAT BOOK. But no spoilers. Don't worry.

Comment

• kk: That's awesome you got you're book. I love the Shakespeare thing by the way. So funny.

I finished the book last night. It was... awesome. Can't wait to start talking about it.

Now I should start catching up on all the sleep I lost. Haha.
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Yay! kk is getting the book!!!

Wow... wrestling people to the floor, Shakespeare recitation/revision (which is totally cool), all in church? Sounds exciting...

Staying up all night to read it the other day threw my sleeping schedule off. I didn't go to sleep Saturday night until one, woke up Sunday at THREE in the AFTERNOON (GEESH! And no one woke me up!!), then last night I fell alseep at elven, woke up at one, and couldn't get back to sleep until five. Then I woke up this morning at eight. How am I not supposed to fall asleep in Chem class lecture and pre-lab discussion when I'm already lacking my normal hours of sleep? Ah, well. I love BD too much to want to do any of it differently. The longer I muse over it, the better it is. I love it more than I did Eclipse, but I can't decide if I love it more than New Moon...I think they're tied.
        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Jwiz: Yep, all in church. Of course, I go to a very very large church. The Shakespeare recitation/revision (as you called it) happened during the preacher's sermon, and the wrestling person(s) to the floor happened in Bible class.

I feel kinda bad for whoever they're getting to be the new youth minister...he's going to have to put up with a lot...

I'm designing Twilight bookmarks! But my printer's a mess. Printed them all blurry. I'm going to wait til I get to New Jersey, and print them on my grandpa's printer. He has a really nice one...

The bookmarks are big, long, and have the pictures of the book covers on them.

The Twilight one says, "Reading Bites." (I personally adore this one, if I do say so myself...)

The New Moon one says, "Time passes. Even when it seems impossible..."

The Eclipse one says, "I'm out. I am a neutral country. I am Switzerland!"

I had fun making them. (I would put the BD one, but I believe that could be counted as a spoiler...)
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• woo-hoo! All I can say is, to those who wait, it's worth it!!

Some friends and I went to the release. So much fun. We won the costume contest!! I think this should show it. fun, much

Shakespeare: Hilarious!!

I remember reading somewhere that Edward was the new Romeo. All I could think was, "Psh, but he better not die!" haha

jwiz: haha wow that's some major sleep there! haha

That's sort of interesting. Most people don't like New Moon, but I think I agree, it's one of the better written. I think I like the story of BD the most.

And now I'm going to be quiet before I say anything else.

just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Haha that's such an awesome pic Mel.

I got my book in the mail today. Haha, three days late might I add. Oh well, now I can reread it.

I'm excited... I loved this book...
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• Haha....

That's what I think too. Also, I think the fact that Edward leaves and Jake starts playing a major role gets in the way of judging simply the writing... which was fabulous, personally. Anyways!

My bestest friend has about two hundred pages left, and she's loving it. Batgirl was like "DID YOU FINISH IT YET?!?!" And I had to go "Yes... flowers has it." She's getting it tomorrow, then I think enough people would have read it that I can talk about it, finally. I'm not as bad as Fareeda. She blurts things out - even when reading (which wasn't a problem, since I'm faster than her) - without thinking of the fact that most people around us HAVEN'T READ IT YET.
                I've managed to lower my list of favorite quotes down to about ten.

Emi: rereading things is great. You usually pick up so much more that you missed while squealing in excitement. lol. I plan on doing so... once I finally get the book back, of course. My friends like to reread right away to prolong their keeping of MY books. (But I love them anyways.)
                "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• 5 hours!
                  it took me almost 7 to finish it!
                  but, mabey that was because someone ( hint hint wink wink sister) kept asking me to find her a book, and then she flat-out refused to read anything w/ romance, a boy as the main character, not about aliens ( she thinks that anything to do w/ aliens and no Doctor Who is silly), no horror, or blood. I then found her the series The Saga of Darran Shan, which is a vampire, bloody, slightly romantic and a boy as the main character.
                  Terrible.
                  Sigh, it took me a rather long time to convince the school bookseller to sell me New Moon (I am twelve, ther seller was told something like 14+), so mabey that is why nobody else my age is reading it. Those kids are seriously deprived...
                  “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                  -Groucho Marx

Comment

• http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Oct06/31_The_Guardian_Vide...600_Guard_Model.html

(I know, it's a one-liner. I could talk about Doctor Who instead, but it would be off-topic to mention how nervous I am every time I walk past the neighbor's gargoyle...)
                    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• *blink*
                      Your neigbor has a gargoyle?
                      My sister had a fit when she saw an angel at a church in Budapest.
                      What was freaky, was that, it did have its hands over its face.

*pauses, then looks at first line*
                      thats wierd....
                      “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                      -Groucho Marx

Comment

• *wonders what Daylily and Garrett are talking about; decides she doesn't really want to know*

Great link, Garrett! I like the video and info on the car. It's awesome!

About an hour ago, I finished reading Breaking Dawn, and it was amazing! I'm very excited and hyper-ish right now!
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Yay kk! You finished it!!! I'm glad you liked it as well!!! hmmm... when do you think we can start talking about the book??

Garrett nice link!! I love that car. I want it so bad. A gargoyle at your neighbors house?!? No way!!! That's so weird and cool at the same time!

Comment

• I don't know...that's a very good question...because there's a kind-of spoiler that I want to post really really badly, and it's a picture, so it can't be whited out (or can it?).

But the picture is awesome! *wants to post it*
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Originally posted by kk:
                              *wonders what Daylily and Garrett are talking about; decides she doesn't really want to know*
                              Probably not. :-) But if you want a bit more in the way of details: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episo...ear/f-10.shtml

It's a miniature gargoyle that squats next to her steps. I'm kind of ticked, because now Ael won't walk Mac at night. :-)
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• That show looks interesting, Garrett...Hmmm....

I like the weather right now: Rain! And yesterday there was a huge storm, with a suspicious lack of lightning...

And I saw something really weird...I looked out the window, and saw a silver car parked on the other side of the road, right across from the driveway. It was definitely, without a doubt, a volvo. I've seen so many recently...

Anyway, just as I was going to look away, a couple walked up to the car. They didn't look old, but the way they were hunched over, and used canes, and wore older-styled clothing, it made them look old.

Well, they looked around a little bit, seeing if there was anyone there, and in a matter of seconds, it seemed, they straightened up, literally jumped into the car, and sped off.

I was kind of weirded out...it was just so strange! Hmm...

Edit:

I'm reading some poems by a guy who's last name is Cullen, and I can't help but laugh at some of these.

Here is a part of one of his poems:

Originally written by William Cullen:

Thus, Oblivion, from midst of whose shadow we came,
                                Steals o'er us again when life's twilight is gone;
                                And the crowd of bright names, in the heaven of fame,
                                Grow pale and are quenched as the years hasten on.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X