Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kk I've seen so many Mercedes down here, it's almost driving me crazy. I've been keeping count of how many Cullen cars I've seen on this little trip I'm on, so I won't post up the final numbers until I'm back from NC.

Oh and Jasper doesn't have a car. But he got the black motorcycle Edward had bought so he could ride with Bella in Eclipse.

And that reminds me... I've seen several of them. Darn, I should be keeping track of that too!!

My parents already think I'm too obsessed with the books. They really don't pay attention when I gasp and mark a tally on a piece of paper anymore.

I'm pretty sure they might post the vid of the interview with Steph Meyer on their website. Check that out first.

I wish I could go to the release party, but I've preordered my book so it's going to be shipped to my house. *stupid* I should have just had them hold it at the store so I can have an excuse.
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I've already seen three silver volvos, a yellow porsche, and seven black mercedes today, and it's now only about 10:00 AM.

I'm Twilight obsessed! Aghhhhh! I'm frustrated! I'll be out of state when my library gets the copy of Breaking Dawn! NO!!!!!!

I mean, I'll be able to get it, it's a downloadable copy, but my grandparents only have dial-up, and it'll take forever to download! I can just picture myself sitting at my computer screen after hooking it up to their internet, me whining with utter impatience as I watch the download percentage slowly, slowly, increase...

It's a terrible nightmare, to be sure!

But then again, maybe I'll go to the local library and use their internet to download...I really really hope so!
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Guess what?!?! I was surfing the MTV Blogs and I found that there is a Twilight Chocolate bar out for sale!!! They're made from Godiva chocolate and on the front of the bar it says "Can you resist temptation?" OMG I want to get one so bad now!!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/07/30/take-a-bite-out-of...light-chocolate-bar/
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• *Jaw drops, eyes wide* a Twilight CHOCOLATE BAR?!?! Haha, I want one... does it come in dark chocolate? XD

I remember the first time I saw a sliver Volvo... my friend Ana and I screamed for about five minutes. Once the boys around us on the bus figured out it was a Twilight thing, they started talking about how they couldn't get what was so special about it, and we gave them the lecture.

Everyday at school, when I leave Chem, I see a RED and a BLACK motorcycle in the parking lot. I never see Edward, or Bella, or Jake, though. *pouts* While I wait for the bus, or when I'm on it, I count how many Cullen cars I see, and it can be pretty scary... especially since one day, I saw all of them drive by within two minutes of each other... my friends and I decided that the Cullens were in Stockton for a visit.

I'm so excited!! Tomorrow is the Release party and I get my book! Today's quote (and yesterday's) are driving me up the wall; I hate to see what tomorrow's will do!

I went into the college bookstore yesterday with Fareeda and V, my "chem buddies" and glanced at the clock, then recited the time until BD comes out. We check the countdown timer, and I had it EXACTLY right. They were shocked that I could recite it so well...

ONE DAY ELEVEN HOURS AND FORTY THREE MINUTES!
          "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• OMG, I want one of those chocolate bars! I will indeed go get one...of course, I'm going to eat the chocolate, but I will keep the wrapper. I might hang it up on my wall, or frame it, or something. Yes, I'm that obsessed...both with chocolate, and the books...

Anyway, I spent the afternoon hanging out with my sister and her friend Isabella. She said that she'd rather have us call her Bella. I almost died of supressed laughter...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I almost die of suppressed laughter almost every day... over something, whether it be Twilight related, or just stupid inside jokes related. (I'm humble. I'm humble, and modest, and beautiful...)

I have a severe case of Countdownitis, because I love watching the countdown thing, and I can look at a clock, and say the exact time until BD is released.... Sad, yet, I can't care. Even my obsessed friends say I am obsessed. That's... wow.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE PARTY TONIGHT, AND I NO LONGER HAVE TO WAIT AND READ THE BOOK WITH MY FRIENDS! See, my friend Fareeda was letting me stay the night at her house, since I didn't have a ride all the way home that late. She and her friend Marrissa wanted to read the book outloud, so since I was (at the time) the only one able to get it (I totally saved twenty dollars from my birthday money from FEBRUARY for this), I'd have to share. I read hecka fast, even faster than Fareeda, and Marrissa reads slower than her, so I was sad. but now! Fareeda is buying it herself, which means I don't have to share!! *dances in happy nonsensical circles* Now if only I didn't have a test today, or if I miraculously knew everything and got 100 percent, today would be perfect! Still, it's gonna be my favorite day this year anyways.
              Oh! My cousin, Angelo, is getting MARRIED TOMORROW!! To Cassie. And the scary funny thing? They are a "Jasper/Alice" couple. No, really. That's how I described them to my friends once I saw them after they were engaged during Thanksgiving. They are so cute together, and it's not always showy lovey dovey, they're just... you can tell how much they love each other. But I still think it's scary hilarious how they are my real-life Twilight saga couple, and are getting married the weekend BD comes out. Oh, and the wedding's up in Seattle cause they live there. Can it get any more ironic?
              ...Don't answer that...

And my computer is being a butt again, and kicked me off of a bunch of sites so I am missing half my Twilight fix. *pouts*
              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I'm watching a movie that has Kristen Stewart in it...I didn't even know that she was in it, until I looked at the description...and so, the only thing I'm going to be able to do now is picture her as Bella...

This is enjoyable!

Edit:
                OH MY GOSH!!! BREAKING DAWN! IT JUST CAME OUT, ABOUT A MINUTE AGO! *screams loudly, wakes up household, gets glared at*

I realized it last minute, and watched my countdown thingy, and counted down with it. It was such a joyous moment! *scream*

I'm going to go double-check that my copy is preordered at the library...
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• UGH!!! Remind me to never have a book shipped to my house!!! I'm like waiting... unpatiently... for my book to come. And I can't wait any more!!! I want it and I want it now.

I sound like a stupid five year old wanting a piece of candy. Haha.

Oh and I'm back at home... So here's my final count of how many Cullen Cars I saw... I only saw to types.

Shiny Silver Volvo- 12
                  Sleek Black Mercedes- 14

That's the most Black Mercedes I've ever seen.

Comment

• The library changed their order, and are now getting about 50 copies of the book. It's a good thing. There are about 150 people on the list. They're still only getting 2 copies of the audiobook, but whatever. Good enough.

*is excited*
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• *has bought the book*
                      *has read the book*
                      *is dieing to discuss the book*
                      Has anyone else finished it yet?
                      “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                      -Groucho Marx

Comment

• NO!!! *dies* No spoilers! I like reading the Twilight discussion, and please please please no one post any spoilers at all until most people have finished the book! Aggghhhh!

As an answer, no, I haven't read the book yet.

Sorry about the outburst, but really, no spoilers please. :P
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Yes, no spoilers until most people have finished the book. Please...

I've started reading it but I'm going to honor Mrs. Stephenie Meyer's wishes and not post anything up until later.

Don't worry kk.

EDIT: Something I forgot to say in my earlier post.

Did anyone know there is a Carlisle, PA?

I took some pics of signs leading to it on my way home. Haha.

Comment

• *sigh* Lucky you!

It's only been a day since the release, and I'm already freaking out. I never thought three days would feel so long...

Anyway, I'm probably just going to buy the book tomorrow.

My dad walked into my room a little while ago and said, "Here's a few weeks of allowance, plus the money for babysitting your sister," and handed my $15. I stared at the money blankly for about 1/2 second before running into the kitchen and saying, "Mom, can we please please please please pleeeaaaase stop at a bookstore after church tomorrow? Please?!"

She looked at my like I was speaking a foreign language. "Why?" she asked. "Because I cannot wait three more days!!" I said.

She smiled. "Oh...yes, that book. I saw one in a bookstore at the mall today," she says, amused.

She said that maybe I can go with her to the bookstore tomorrow.

Or maybe the youth intern will let me borrow her copy...It's been a day, I'll bet she's finished reading it already...

*sigh* The suspense is killing me!
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• The party was fun, I won all the trivia games and pictionary... well, actually, everyone tied on that.

I stayed up all night once I got to my friend's house, dozed off while reading the book (it was lying open in front of my face when I woke up two hours later - not even that long - and I started reading almost immediately) and it took me over all about twelve hours. I will not spoil anything... even though I am hecka excited to discuss it with people. I'm the only one I know of my friends that has already finished it, so I'm a little bouncy/anxious.

kk, I hope you get the book super soon! The sooner the better! Then you can rant and rave and whine and squeal and all that other stuff with the rest of us overly obsessed Twilighers!

oh! Last night, I was "half-psychic" all night. I told my friends we'd bump into police before the party, and WE DID. I told her I thought I heard this girl (who had a remarkably Alice-like personality. If her hair was darker, and she were paler and sparkled and had gold eyes, I'd say she WAS Alice...) and two seconds, TWO, later, she walked around the corner. Then, later, I told Fareeda we should have some chocolate. And her mom gave us the TWILIGHT GODIVA CHOCOLATE BARS!! So I was officially half-psychic for the night.

Comment

• OMGOMGOMG! I am happy! My mother looked online at Walmart's price for BD, and said, OMG, $10?? OK, you can get it.....

So I'm about to leave to go get BD!! OMG!!

A girl at church today had the book, and there was a crowd of people around her just wanting to touch it. I was in that group. She actually let me hold it, and look through the index of chapters. 754 pages...wow...

Then my Twilight-obsessed friend Liz grabbed the book and said, "I AM TOO IMPATIENT TO WAIT FOR MY COPY! I WILL NOW READ THE LAST CHAPTER! MUAHAHAAHAAHAAA!!"

We pinned her to the floor. No really, we did. Then we each grabbed one of her hands and held her down, and the book was passed on to someone who wouldn't be tempted to read it.

I almost read it...but decided just to get my copy today at Walmart instead.

The way Liz was acting was reminding me of that girl (newborn) in Eclipse, Bree, I think? So desperate to get what she wanted. I can just see Liz writhing in pain at the sight of the book, and screaming, "But I want it!"

I feel happy now. And BD will soon be mine! Muahahahaahaa...

Then my other bff Sarah started to recite a line of Shakespeare, from Romeo and Juliet. In the middle of service, she wrote on her paper, "It is the east, and EDWARD is the sun..."

Then I laughed, and recited:

"'But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Edward Cullen is the Sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious Moon, who is already sick and pale with grief...'"

Then the whole row of people started laughing and Liz yelled, "OH MY GOSH! That fits so well! But...I don wan Jakey to die!"
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X