Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I'm really really sorry, but my health stinks and I can only be in one place at a time. So, I'm not gonna be able to make the following convention panel at San Diego Comic-Con. I mention it in case there's anybody else here that can. Single-day memberships for Thursday are still available, but online in advance only. They're not selling tix at the door since the Fire Marshal closed us down last year.

From http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

PushKnowingTwilight
    Also (at the exact same time, don'tcha know) Eoin Colfer's got a panel on Artemis Fowl. I hate 12-track programming. 'Cause while all that's going on, I'm (hopefully) gonna be fighting my way into Ballroom 20 to see the DOCTOR WHO and TORCHWOOD panels...
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Kli: Well it sounds like you have a lot going on!

I think I'm being stalked by a Cullen or something . Today and yesterday alone, I've seen six black Mercedes'; all the same model. I never seem to notice the license plate number, though, so it seems so pointless!
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: I've seen like a dozen silver volvos but all contains old men. Haha. So saddening. Let's hope the black Mercedes is Carlisle, .

You guys know about that Entertainment Weekly magazine that has RPattz and Kristen Stewert on the front cover? I went to go get it the other day and it got sold out!!! How did that happen? I swear I went to get it THAT day it came out and it was no where to be found. I really wanted that magazine too. I swear everyone went out and got it early in the morning.

I read the article online, but it's not the same you know? Oh well...

EDIT: Hey Stephenie Meyer posted this up on her website and I think we should really honor this request.

bdcopyrightviolation@hbgusa.com, for fans to alert us to spoilers that appear online. PLEASE only send links to spoilers. E-mails about events, contacting me, etc. will not be returned.
        Another thing you may notice close to the release of Breaking Dawn is that the message boards on several fansites will be taken down. They are doing this as a favor to me because I want to protect you all from stumbling upon something that could ruin the book for you. There will be plenty of time to discuss all the details of the book after August 2nd.
        So when BD does come out I think we should refrain from talking about it until we know that almost everyone has read it.
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Oh my gosh, it comes out in 16 days!! *is very hyper, and seriously considers jumping up and down before realizing that it is in fact 1:24 AM, and that the parents' bedroom is right below this one, and they would be woken up*

I saw that the neighbors here have an extremely shiny volvo S40 parked in their driveway. It's their son's I think. Or something like that. I've been seeing a lot of volvos, but none are silver! They're all white. *pouts*

I have seen several red jeeps, though. And my friend who's totally obsessed with Twilight has a friend named Emmett who's getting a car soon. My friend says that she'll be somewhere between fear and amazement if he gets a red jeep.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I am going to Ireland, and my dad said we can't bring any librery books (he is the local director) so my mom is buying me any book that I want, and she was going to get BD, but it isn't out yet! So I now own the Maximum Ride books and I will try to convince my mom to buy me BD in Ireland. A girl can dream...
            “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
            -Groucho Marx

Comment

• I kind of just looked it up, and my library has marked the relase date as 8/5/08. Noooooooo!!!! I'm going to get the copy three days late!! *dies of impatience*
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Aww kk that's so horrible!!! Don't worry no one will say anything about the book until you finish it!!

Ireland will have the books August 4th!!! Good luck on getting it!!

16 days 1 hour and 47 minutes... but who's counting?
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• *Raises hand eagerly* Oooh, ooh, I am, I am!

16 days, 1hr, 14m!

Yay!!

I should start a countdown gadget for the movie too...Hmmm...

Yay for Twilight! I just heard the ministers at my church talking about Twilight. They were talking about whether Jake or Ed should win. It was funny. These business-like adults drinking coffee, eating cookies, and discussing the demise of their favorite vampires/werewolves. I was so amused...
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: My sister is 14 (almost 15). I got The Chapter. Thanks.

My dad has a silver volvo. It used to reminded me of Edward's car, but I've seen it too many times.

For those that are counting (I know I am)...15 days and 10 hours!!!

jwiz: She finally caved and asked for the book. But the crazy thing is that she read the first couple pages of Twilight and thought that the line about the 'carry on item was a parka' was really funny...and then she put the book down. I have no idea how she did it.

I'm slowly going crazy reading the BD Quotes of the Dayon SM's website. I want to know what they mean!!!AH!!!

I tried to get a countdown thing, but my computer won't let me. Oh well.
                    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Mona0622: I'm slowly going crazy reading the BD Quotes of the Dayon SM's website. I want to know what they mean!!!AH!!!
                      Stephenie said so herself that these aren't direct quotes from BD. They're just teasers because she likes to be cruel. haha.

Comment

• Where might these quotes be located? Is there a website?

I can't believe the book's coming out so soon! I'm overly excited! *is jumping up and down being very hyper, and rereading The Chapter again and again and again*
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk the quotes are located on Stephenie Meyer's website. www(dot)stepheniemeyer(dot)com.

I found her "explanation" of the quotes on the TwilightMom's site. It's actually a really neat site, if you guys haven't visited it yet, it's really cool. They have all these details about what was going on, on the set of the Twilight. And they keep in touch with Stephenie Meyer sometime. Check it out. www(dot)twilightmoms(dot)com.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emi:
                            Ireland will have the books August 4th!!! Good luck on getting it!!

16 days 1 hour and 47 minutes... but who's counting?
                            *forgetts what day of the month it is*
                            *trys to remember which month it is*
                            *checks calender*
                            *realized that family will be in Ireland on said day*
                            *goes crazy with joy*
                            *shuts up*
                            *thanks the charachter responsible*

Thank you sooo so so so much Emi!
                            “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                            -Groucho Marx

Comment

• *forgetts what day of the month it is*
                              *trys to remember which month it is*
                              *checks calender*
                              *realized that family will be in Ireland on said day*
                              *goes crazy with joy*
                              *shuts up*
                              *thanks the charachter responsible*

Thank you sooo so so so much Emi!
                              No problem. I hope you're going to be able to get it.

Oh some exciting news... I finally found the Entertainment Weekly Magazine with the cover story about "Twilight". It was at Target and there was only two left. It took me awhile to finally find it but now I'm happy.

8 days 11 hours 27 mins

Comment

• *is too lazy to count, and is on a different computer from the one that has the counting thingy*

I'm really excited now! All of my friends and I have been jumping up and down (well, I've been doing my best with an injured leg) and my parents are getting exasperated with my constant hyperness.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X