Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered Breaking Dawn three months ago. Im going to be getting it two days before it comes out.
    The books go on my bottom shelf, with Harry Potter, YWs, and other of my favorite books.
    "This is our shame-
    this is the whole Ocean's glory:
    this is the Song of the Twelve." (DW 316)

Comment

• I preordered my book too. I can't wait for August. AHHH!

kk: that website is wicked funny, I've been on there before but I've never seen that little subtitle!! That's so cute.

Maddy: How are you getting your book two days before it comes out?
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I preordered it as soon as it came out. I got it off of on of the town book stores and they said if I paid extra, they would give me the book early.
        "This is our shame-
        this is the whole Ocean's glory:
        this is the Song of the Twelve." (DW 316)

Comment

• ...*isn't entirely certain that's legal* of course, as long as you're paying, i don't suppose most people would have an increddibly large problem with it, so...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I finished Twilight last night. It was pretty good, but Edward is no Spike. :-)

I did like the concept of sparkly vampires, though -- and I can hardly wait to see what a filmmaker will do with that baseball game. :-)
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Garrett I don't think anyone can compare against Spike. He's awesome in his own way too.

I can't wait for the baseball scene either. The whole movie has got me excited, and it's not coming out until December!

Anyway, the last book is coming out in almost a month.... I can't wait.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• I read the first chapter! My friend emailed it to me (thank heaven for that)!

I found the car (a Mercedes Guard, right?) online, and it does declare it as "tank-proof" and rank it as a "High-Protection Vehicle."

My dad looked at the article I was reading on it, and after finding how strong it was, the look on his face suggested that he'd consider making me drive one if he could afford it...just how overprotective he seems to be when I talk about driving...
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• lol, I couldn't stop laughing about the "before" car... it seems Edward finally got his way. Conviniently right after the deal was made... hmm....

I'm ecstatic that I will be getting the book at the midnight release party on August 1. Don't know how I'll get home... but maybe I'll just sleep over at my friend's house. That, or I'll bring my little sister to the party so the parents have to pick us up. No sleeping for me!

As for the movie... at first, I didn't think Spunk could pull Edward off (my friend called me to rant about him being picked for about fifteen striaght minutes when it happened...), but now I think it's fine. Like I told my friends, it's one of those 'You have to adjust to' things. I always get mad at myself when I watch the clips and things for the movie, because I know it'll just ruin what little patience I have managed to retain or regain, but I just can't help it... Twilight is addicting.
                  "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I think that Dec. 1st-12th should be known as "The Twelve Days of Twilight." We should write a song about it, to the tune of the Christmas carol. Ok, that sounded random, haha.

I like the Twilight books alot...I loved all of the cast movie interviews on mtv.com, also. They were funny...

I love the avatar, jwiz! Where'd you get it?
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• jwiz: lol, I couldn't stop laughing about the "before" car... it seems Edward finally got his way. Conviniently right after the deal was made... hmm....
                      I laughed hysterically when I read that. It was kind of hard to try and not laugh because I was in a bookstore, and I just went there to "browse" books, but I actually went there to read the 1st chapter of Breaking Dawn. I ended up buying another book so I didn't look "suspicious". Although, I'm pretty sure other people did that too.

Great idea kk.

Comment

• Emi: Ha.

My mom really looked at me weird when she came into the office at my grandparents' house and saw me almost completely doubled over with laughter, tears in my eyes, and clutching the arms of the office chair. I was reading the chapter of course, but she thought there was something wrong with me.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Where IS the chapter? *Wants to read the chapter* ah well, maybe i'll just go find the chapter later. *For some reason, is getting a kick out of saying 'the chapter'*
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Actually, I got it in an email. I can email it to you, if you want. It's so unbelievably hilarious!

"The Chapter" is funny! Haha.
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk, if you could email it to me too, that would be fantastic.

Comment

• Sure, sure.

Expect an email with the subject "First Chapter" soon. I'll send it to the email address mentioned in your profile.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X