Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *grumbles about needing to read faster*

I have to get to the bookstore^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlibrary soon to read Eclipse soon -- I finished up New Moon last night, and I want to know what happens next! (No spoilers, please, I don't want to know _that_ badly... :-) )
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• kk: My mom really looked at me weird when she came into the office at my grandparents' house and saw me almost completely doubled over with laughter, tears in my eyes, and clutching the arms of the office chair. I was reading the chapter of course, but she thought there was something wrong with me.
      My family looks at me weird(ly) when I read any of the books, because I'm laughing my head off. Even if it's one of the YW series. I just can't help it if a book has funny parts! Haha.

I love "The Chapter". It's the best.
      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• kk: Somewhere on photobucket... I think I typed in cute avatars/sayings or something along those lines... and I love it too, cause it's so true.... XD

The Chapter... a part of it is on a link on the home page of Stephenie's website (though not on the BD page... they won't let her), but for the whole thing, I got it from the back of the special edition Eclipse. My friend Ana loves the T-shirt things... I told her "one for when you feel in a Jake mood, and one for those Edward days." She laughed and agreed.

I laugh at the oddest things sometimes in books I read. Once, the main character was beating someone up, and I thought it was funny... of course, six of my friends were reading the same book all at the same time (but I was ahead cause I read too fast. ) and got mad cause they didn't want anything spoiled. I was in Wal-mart when I read that part of The Chapter (haha... you're right, that is funny...) and the people at check-out nearest to me just gave me odd looks. One old lady seriously made sure to keep distance, cause I wouldn't stop laughing, and was talking to myself. It wasn't bad though! I just said, "Ha... Edward... that's just great... Bella? Gang lord?!" Then I laughed some more. I actually stamped my foot and pouted when my mom said we had to go, cause I still had about four pages left.... but my family and friends are used to my strange antics by now. And put up with them, cause I am the class librarian. (all the people in my grade (there's only about 60 of us...) come to me for books. Some say I should start charging for rentals... ha. Damage, I make them replace if it's bad. But I don't think I'll charge to lend them out...)

29 days, and little over an hour... I seriously can NOT wait much longer... when it gets to that last week, I will be screaming almost non-stop.... *gets jittery-excited just thinking about it*
        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• OMG, 28 days 12 hrs, 18 minutes, 20 seconds! I can't wait!

In the 4th of July parade today there was...a 1953 Chevy truck! It was bright red, looking as if it had just gotten a new paint job. It was cool, and made me laugh, and everyone around me looked at me weird. Oh well...they've done that before.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Haha! Once, when we were coming back from a feild trip, my friend Ana and I glanced out the back window of the bus... and saw a silver volvo. Ana was all squealing, and all the guys around us laughed after I explained why. They don't get it, cause they refuse to give in and read a good book.... Sillies.

Then, another time, my friends Batgirl, Ana, Lisa, and I were walking to the bus stop, and Batgirl and I had started writing this story (for fun) about the Cullen's visiting our college campus, and us chasing them around, when we saw, within a few cars of each other, a silver car, a yellow sports car, a big red jeep, and a black mercedes all speed down Pacific Ave. We cracked up laughing. We make it a point to always point out cars that could be from Twilight. (I doubt we'll ever see that Gaurdian from The Chapter, though. XD)
            27 days now... yippee! Haha... I'm going to start every day now thinking, okay how many more times do I have to wake up before I can get the book? Hehe... and after this is hopefully Midnight Sun!!!
            "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Oh man I've started rereading the books so when I get Breaking Dawn everything will be fresh in my memory. I can't wait until it comes out...

And if Midnight Sun comes out later I'd be the most happiest person ever! Haha.

I really want to buy one of those t-shirts but I don't have money in my checking account... It's strange I get money... but it just ends up being spent with in the first three days of having it. Why can't pay day be every other day?

eight/two/oh-eight. can't wait. (i just rhymed) I'm such a dork.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• You are not a dork, Emi, you're just obsessed like all the rest of us.

I've just been rereading The Chapter until I think I've just about memorized the details. And the books of course. I'm in the middle of New Moon right now. Where Jacob stops speaking to her, and Billy's lying to her, and she goes in search of the meadow by herself.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Mmmm I've just finished Twilight. I'm trying to drag it out as long as possible so I'll finish Eclipse right before I get Breaking Dawn. It isn't working as well as I planned. I might have to go online to reread The Chapter again.

Do you guys think that the prom is going to be in the movie? Even though it was an Epilogue? Hm, I sure hope so... it'd be funny to see Jacob crash the prom.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I saw a movie clip online somewhere that showed them at the prom...I hope it is in the movie! That would be awesome. I felt bad for Jake at that part of the book...being payed to tell someone that he's spying on them! How horrible.
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Yeah, Prom is in the movie. I was wandering around websites and saw it....

Haha! I think everyone is re-reading the books in anticipation for the release of BD. I started TWilight the other day. (I'm waiting for a while, cause I know I can read the books in a day or two. Sad, yet totally cool.)

LAst night, I dreamed about the midnight release party... it was cancelled! And, of course, I was hiding out until the store opened so I could be first in line to buy the book the next day, but the cops wanted to stop me... I have the weirdest dreams.... I woke up before I managed to get the book, though.

Comment

• *sigh* I'm not allowed to go to a midnight release party. Though personally, I'd be camped outside my local library. But then again, I'd be 57th on the list for the actual book, and I'm only 2nd on the list for the downloadable version, so that wouldn't really apply...
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I think I should have waited to start rereading the books until like now. Instead I'm already going to start reading Eclipse! Haha, this is horrible, I wanted to be done with the books just before I get BD.

Nuts. Maybe, I'll just read The Chapter like every day until August 2nd. Haha.

I wish I could go to the midnight release, but I've preordered my book and it's going to be shipped to my house... so I'm just going to be waiting at my door for my package to come.

Comment

• Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been in here.

kk: Could you please send me The Chapter? Thanks.

I'm so excited for the book. I can hardly wait. I've really been bothering my family because they are sooo sick of hear about the books.

I believe that i have the worst luck in the world. My Dad's work picnic is on August 2nd and my parents are making me wait until the 3rd to read the book. They said that I've waited so long for it already, what's another day? They don't understand that it will be like an ETERNITY!

Right now, I'm trying to get my sister to read the books. She's not really interested after reading the first chapter. (I don't know how that's even possible. She even like the part where Stephenie Meyer said that Bella's carry on item is a parka.) Can anyone think of anything I can say to make her want to read them? I've already tried everything I can think of.

Tonight, we went over to a friends house for desert and played Apples to Apples. One of the adjectives/clues was Luscious and one of the nouns/answers was Vampires. I thought of Edward right away. If I was the judge, Vampires would have won.
                            Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• 1. How old is your sister?
                              2. Sure, I'll email "The Chapter" to you!
                              3. I just had a sleepover with three of my Twilight-obsessed friends! It was awesome!! Staying up all night betting on whether Jake or Edward would win Bella's heart in the end; what the wedding would be like, etc. Until we got bored of betting, and said that we were just going to bet with Alice, and go with whatever she mentioned in the next book.
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Hehe.... I almost pre-ordered the book, but then I decided that a) I didn't want to wait for our lazy mail-people (I say people cause the person changes like every other day...), b) Why wait when I could get it first thing, and c)my mom would never let me use any of her credit cards to buy the book online.

My friend Fareeda and I talk about BD all the time, so V just groans whenever he hears "Jasper" or "Edward", cause his today-ex-girlfriend (he broke up with her today... stupid drama...) never talked about anything else when he'd call her. Anyways, Fareeda and I were talking yesterday about how V always says "Shut up, nobody likes you," to us whenever he can't think of a comeback (Which happens a lot...) and I started counting how many times he said it that day. I said I'd win, cause I have a lab with him, but Fareeda was unconvinced. By the time lab rolled around (we're in a college chem class that lasts five hours, and the lab is at the end.)I had about 21, while she was back at 12. I laughed and said, "Hey, we SHOULD have bet about this... I would have won!" Then we laughed, and she said, "Why did we start counting anyways?" We decided it was because Jasper and Emmett were rubbing off on us.... (Just in case you're wondering... he told me "Nobody likes you" or "You're hated" 33 times. It annoyed him, cause I would just laugh and tell him how many times it was now.)

I don't know what to tell your sister... mine just wanted to read them cause I wouldn't shut up about them, but I had a friend that refused to read them cause she didn't want to "conform". (??? How is reading a popular book conforming? It's not a cult! (well... sorta. That might be debatable at my school...XD)). I told her for over a year that they were great and she should read them, yet she never listened to me. We decided that I got to say I told you so and tease her relentlessly when she read them and loved them, and she got to do the same when I finally started drinking coffee (ick! XP). Yet, she calls me about three weeks into summer, to tell me to spoil the ending of Eclipse for her! Apparently, someone else told her to read them, and she did and fell in love with them, especially Edward. (She calls Jake "The Dog"... it was kinda funny to hear her say it in a conversation....)I wouldn't tell her about it, and she pretty much hung up on me. Then, when I called her a week later, she said she didn't finish it cause she knew how it ended (yet the way she said that made me wonder...) and then told me she had to go, her BF was there. Pfft. So I mean, I have no idea how to get people to read it... most are eager to, or already have, or do so to make you shut up about it already... Maybe you should tie her to a chair and read her the book out loud until she begs to be able to read it to herself.

Comment

Working...
                                X