No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we're kinda comparing the book and the movie.... You guys should read it!!! *silently praises Timeline*
    I'm gonna find my copy of it and figure out the characters.....
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• OK, just wanted to know I just finished the Firebringer sereis which was one of my favorites. I read each one in a day, they were good.
      *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and go

Comment

• Wait WAIT WAIT!!!

Which Firebring series, Tanis??? Okay, we have the Fire Bringer, The Firebring Trilogy, and then there's this other set of Firebringer books entirely different that I saw at the book store. Now which one are you talking about? By who? ...Might want to check it out. My number of unread books is going down!!!
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• This Firebringer sereies is by Meredeth Ann Peirce. Which was very good. OK Skitty.
          *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
          *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
          *Many have come and go

Comment

• Ahh, Timeline. A great book, as is anything written by Michael Crichton. I haven't seen the moviefication (is that a word? well, is now) but I'd be willing to give it a shot. After all, the one consolation of a potentially bad movie is that it can't possibly be worse than Plan 9 From Outer Space. Anyone seen that? You must, it's the 'so-terrible-it's-great' of movies.

Comment

• Yes, yes, yes! That's the one that I just finished and I loved it! Did you read the back of the book? The author didn't like the classic 'fragile' unicorns, so she used the oriental's image of a unicorn (I think). She figured by the shape of the splayed hooves, they would be warriors.

For everyone who hasn't read the Firebringer Trilogy, it's about Aljan, the son of the unicorns' prince. There's this big ring of warrior unicorns, (which is what he's a part of) and the unicorns in the ring think everyone NOT a part of their ring is a renagade unicorn. Supposedly when someone become a renegade unicorn and leaves the ring, the horn and beard fall off, and the splayed hooves mold together. Yeah, and they don't like the wyverns because they stole their ancestor's sacrid land.

Oh, and did I mention there was a prophesy involved? About the day they would reclaim their homeland and blah blah. It's about the FIREBRINGER!!!!!
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• She also wrote the Dark Angel series which my friends say is really sad . I haven't read them yet but I plan to.
                *Many have come and go

Comment

• Evil Timeline movie..... *hiss* GodMage, when was the last time you read Timeline? Cuz if it wasn't recently, you won't be too bothered by the movie I wouldn't think, but if you've recently read it........ Let's just say I read the book a week before the movie, I hated the movie. You don't want me to talk about how much I hate that movie.
                  I hate Senora Loca too, she stole my book. For no good reason. I was marking my place!!!!!!! Evil teacher...
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

• *Laughs* Evil teacher is right. I had a teacher take my book while I was reading it. The next day I saw her half way through the book. She read my book. And when I asked her for it she gave me money to go buy a new one.
                    *Many have come and go

Comment

• Seriously? Funny Teacher! Mean teacher, but funny. What was the book?
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• It wasFellowship of the Ring That I read in fourth grade. I had just goting into the mines of Moria.
                        *Many have come and go

Comment

• Oh, well that explains why she was reading it then...
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• But it was my book why couldn't she get her own it's not that hard. Go to the store, look up his books, and buy it. Three simple steps.
                            *Many have come and go

Comment

• lol.
                              <span class="ev_code_RED">Warning! Teachers from all over I stealing books from students and refusing to give them back!!!! More at 10:00</span>
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• OMG!!!!!

*Laughs* Evil teacher is right. I had a teacher take my book while I was reading it. The next day I saw her half way through the book. She read my book. And when I asked her for it she gave me money to go buy a new one
                                -Tanis
                                She as good as stole that from you, Tanis. Tell her to give it back! Unless, of course, she gave you more money than you paid. hehe.

My history teacher is great. 'Cept for the stupid exams. Gumbles. He's a big history freak, and you can always see him with a fat history book. Eisenhower, I think, is his current one. LOL.

Okay. I started Ink Heart! Wait... I told everyone already. Hmm... What's something new? Ah yeah. I was going to swap Tithes for Crusader with my friend today. But we both forgot to bring our books. To borrow, I mean. I'd never give anyone Crusader to keep. I lub that book! And if you haven't already, READ IT!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X