No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of stuff found in the YA section, H.M. Hoover's stuff is generally outstanding. I adore "The Lost Star" and "The Rains of Eridan", and "Children of Morrow" is a great postapocalyptic story. They're not all gems, but most are quite worthy of a look. They're sci-fi, but not "hard" sci-fi. Some are out of print--check your local library or used-book store.

Comment

• Ohh, the Lost Years of Merlin? I have them somewhere in my room...used to be my favorite books. Barron makes Merlin so fascinating...not that I wasn't a Camelot junkie before.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
      -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• The Lost Years of Merlin? Been there, done that, read-that-book-twice. I liked everything except the likelesness of Merlin and Hallia with Will and Lyra at the end of the book.
        It was the same ending! They had to go to different worlds so they got separated! I didn't like that.

Hey I just figured, I'm an oldbie!...I think. Am I a midbie still?

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
        "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Stop bragging. I was gonna say 'Am I a midbie still? But I wrote it wrong.

LONG LIVE SYPROX!!!

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Oh, anyone been to www.nationstates.net? It's cool, I just started yesterday of course but looks cool.

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

• I love politics but I don't stay in the loop so I'm on last months news today.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                    *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                    *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                    *Many have come and go

Comment

• re Merlin: Er, wasn't TLYoM before HDM? I was pretty sure it was...and anyway, it had to tie in with the legends of Merlin. And Hallia's an OC on Barron's part.
                      re newbie/midbie/oldbieness: If db's an oldbie, does that make me a older midbie? Or a middlingish midbie?

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                      -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• Sometimes at school I talk about politics and ppl look at me and laugh. I'm democraic so I did a project on Bill Clinton and everyone in my class made fun of me for weeks but I'm okay.
                          re:newbie/midbie/oldbie:I'm a newbie to this all so I just think your all wierd.

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                          *Many have come and go

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• Well being weird is just apart of life so I guess I'm insane.

*Many have come and go

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X