No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The necklace... the necklace.... The necklace definately has something very important regarding Dairine's feelings toward Ro. It was made, without her knowing. the king looked at it several times. Ro told her to keep it on. When Dairine finally looked at it, she cried, which, as stated before, is a really strange occurrence for Dair....and of course you know she's going to go looking for him. I think the book said (through Nita or descriptions) how distraught she was...so I'd say that she and Ro are definately ....well, they like each other. A lot.

As for Nita and Kit? I like to think so.. but I'm not sure. It's one of those dealies that could go either way, like Jo and Laurie....
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Yeah Dairine really doesn't cry much so I'm pretty sure that this have significance. I hope she can find him. I think the two of them had something special. It's something that you don't find every day. I actually liked the scenes in the book with them together. They were hilarious.

Nita and Kit to me are kind of complicated. I think I've already mentioned it before so I'm going to go into too much detail. But we don't know how Nita said what she said to Kit in "High Wizardry". She told him she liked him a lot. Having many of my closes friends be guys you don't have to like them to say something like that. But only Nita, Kita, and of course DD would know how she said it and what she meant. In "A Wizard Abroad" we don't know if Kit was jealous about Ronan because he likes Nita or if he was just trying to be a good friend and watch her back. He may not have wanted her to get hurt. Now on the subject of him liking her 'skirt' I have no comment.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• i think the crying was mostly because the guy she loved had just been sucked into a sun...but the neclace beinng the thing that finally broke through that wall, MUST have had something to do with him, or have SOME kind of importance as said...yet, no matter how much we think about it, i doubt we'll figure out exactly what it said before DD tells u. (not that that'll stop us from guessing. :P)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I agree with all this Dair and Ro stuff. And thanks Spyells, I had completely forgotten about the "skirt" thing in WD. I needed to be reminded.
          I thought it was funny in WAW when Roshaun and Dairine were on the Motherboard planet, and Dair said, "Well, you like yanking on my chain as much as I like yanking on yours," (or something like that) and Roshaun said somthing about that meaning that they were linked. Well, at least they are talking about stuff like this. I still wish Nita and Kit would.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• so, the question is, is he alive! i mean, we can talk about how much we want them to be together for all eternity, but if he's dead, it's kind of a useless discussion i fear...*hopes he isn't dead* and what do you guys think the necklace said?
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• If he was killed, I wouldn't think he would just disappear. I mean, for all Dairine knows, he might be invisible or something. I don't think he's dead. Maybe (another weird theory) something happened with the spell they were working on, and it kind of sucked him into it, weaving not only his power, but him, into the spell, and now he exists somewhere out in space, or wherever it was that the spell went.
              I still don't think he's dead. If he was, wouldn't he just be killed, and just die there, his body remaining there until someone moved it? Y'know, last time I checked, dead people don't normally just disappear. (What I mean is simply that this probably isn't a normal situation. As if it ever was...)
              Oh, and I think the necklace was something that Ro had written. Like, some message to Dair, like, a riddle or code, or even a poem, that had clues as to where he had gone. I mean, how else is Dair going to look for him without a clue to where he might be?
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Sad thing is we're talking about wizards here. The last time you checked was normal. When was the last time anything was normal for them. I'm not knocking your theory because I think that you are right, kk. But nothing in wizardry is normal. That's all I'm saying. The necklace idea might be true. I actually think that the necklace told Dairine of his feelings. I could be wrong. Because like you mentioned she is going to need some kind of lead to find him.

As to Kit and Nita talking about stuff like that. Keep dreaming at least for a little while. They couldn't even talk about Nita's kiss with Ronan easily. Nita got angry and Kit was embarrassed. I'm not saying that they will never talk about it, but I feel that it will be a while. It is obvious that at this point in time in the series they just aren't ready yet. Personally I wish they would get ready and just start talking. It might make things a whole lot easier for us to discuss.

Comment

• Well, at the end of W@W we discover that Roshaun is NOT dead (it's one of the very last chapter, Dairine goes to Timeheart and finds Roshaun's space that's been prepared for him but not Roshaun himself, the mobiles cryptically slightly explain that Roshaun's not dead, and Dairine "goes to look for the one who's lost" or something like that, I'll look it up later and edit this post to contain the page number and quote and stuff. So he's NOT DEAD!!!! *is very relieved for our favorite Wellakh prince*

EDIT: see pages 543-547 to see where I'm getting my argument that HE'S NOT DEAD!
                  "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                  Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• true, but it also might speed up the end of the series, so let's not speed them up TOO much. :P but they do need to talk, eventually, or all these emotions might just destroy them....i for one hope it works out for the best.....and you might be right about the necklace. or maybe they said her feelings for him. :P

Comment

• I for one would also prefer that the romance storyline(s) take longer to resolve/ not be a significant part of the books. I'm not leaning toward a particular pairing at this point (even Nita/Sker would seem reasonable in my mind, given what I've seen in other fandoms >.> ) nor do I think I will in the future; I do say Doctor/Rose (Doctor Who) has ruined me for 'ships in other fandoms. I'd say the books will still be focusing on large scale errantries and such (how much do I love that the Lone Power is redeemed, but there's still battles to fight?), and that's primarily what I'm interested in as well.

Although upon further thought, Nita/Sker does sound a little intriguing. ;-]
                      -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• I agree, I think that Roshaun's still alive and out there. It just makes a better story. I also think it'll be a good long while before/if Dairine finds him, because DD keeps saying she's already got the next three books arced out in her head.

As for just who Nita's love interest might/will be, I suppose I should take a moment to remind everybody that DD herself is married to a nice Irish boy...
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• the implications are evil. :P but i still stick with nita and kit! there's just too many OTHER implications too be ignored! either way, you never know...(and how COULD the get rid of rose!) :P

Comment

• Said by yr:
                            "but they do need to talk, eventually, or all these emotions might just destroy them...."

You know, that sort of reminds me of HP Order of The Phoenix, when Hermione was explaining to Ron and Harry how Cho felt, and Ron said, "No one can feel all that at once, they'd explode!" and Hermione answers, "Well, Ron, just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon, it doesn't mean we all have!"
                            Sorry for changing the subject, but I thought it kind of fit a little. A very little.
                            Nita/Sker????!!!!! I say no. But of course, it's DD who's the author, so there's not much I (or anyone except DD) can do about it. I'm still going to dream, though... (as if I could help it, almost every dream I have is YW now!) *goes to dreams forum*

I just reread part of DW, and I found something I hadn't the last times I had read it:

"Look," she said, her own voice small.
                            "Tell me something...Does it really have to hurt a lot?"
                            "Sprat," said Ed dispassionately, "what in this life doesn't? Even love hurts sometimes. You may have noticed..."
                            - pg 272 DW

"You may have noticed?" I had never found that line before! I bet Ed had suspected that she loved Kit, or at least that's how it sounded to me. I mean, if he did suspect she loved someone, it would have had to be Kit, because think, this was BEFORE she met Ronan, and it did sound to me as if Ed knew (or thought) she loved someone. But of course, I could just be misreading, or misunderstanding.
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• it's true...and ron wasn't entirely wrong. people CAN have that many emotions...but it really DOES make them explode! which is exaclty what's going to happen to their friendships if this keeps up! the tensions between them are a good part of the book (think how many shows end when the characters finally get together. :P) but still...even if they don't get together right away, at SOME point they need to talk. (preferrably, i still say the getting together should be a while away. :P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lauren:
                                Yes, that was the first thing I noticed. He was vocal about his... what should I call it? Maybe not jealousy of Ronan, but... insecurity about him? Curiousity? Plus, he also revealed *unintentionally more than likely* that he's overheard/explored around in Nita's thoughts without her knowing.

I especially liked the part at the end when he reminds Nita that she had hugged everyone else in his family, and she in turn gave him the biggest hug out of all of them. I don't know exactly how this will translate in the next book, but in this one, there didn't seem to be that much awkwardness with it.

Granted, they were busy worrying about the end of the universe or something very near to it, so it probably didn't cross their minds to be unsure and nervous. However, now that things are back to some kind of normal, do you think Nita will start noticing Kit's attention to what she does/did with Ronan and other guys? Or maybe will this create some tension in their partnership that will effect what they do in the next book? Hmmm, something to ponder I suppose.
                                I was just reading some other shippy topics. Didn't know if we forgot some of these things. Maybe it will get more people in the discussion. Anyway back to the issue at hand.

kk, I don't think that you were misreading. I do feel that that particular statement could in fact go two ways. Now Nita and Kit were younger in that book however. And Ron was right. I agree with Young Reader people can have all of those emotions but it can make you explode sometimes. But I never even caught that quote in the book and I just reread all of them over the summer break.

Maybe Ed had meant Nita loving as in family. I mean he did tell her in the book (I'm going to try to get this as close as possible because I don't have my book in front of me.) "You young and never loving. I old and never loved." I mean why would he say that if she loved Kit. But honestly that quote of "You may have noticed..." can go either way. Also it isn't like I've reread the whole paragraph either to recall exactly what was said and how. But I'm thinking he meant family love. There is more than one type of love.

Comment

Working...
                                X