No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also thought when Ed said that about "young and never loving" it might have meant that she loved Kit, but secretly, so it wasn't actually, truly, loving him, because he didn't know. And remember, Nita was thinking of her family (at least Dairine) as he said this (or before or after he said it), and thinking, "Not that kind of love..."
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I don't really have a response for what everyone's been talking about lately, except that now I really want to reread the series with this in mind, but I do have an, umm...opinion, I guess you could say, about how I think the whole Nita/Kit thing might unfold. Sorry, but it might be a little long.

First of all, I ship a little strangely. To me, there's a lot of grey area in terms of whether or not people like each other/will get together/will want to try something. That's why I love Dairine/Roshaun, because like Dairine said in W@W, friendship isn't enough, but relationship is a bit too much at that point. That's what I think may happen with Nita and Kit.

However, I agree with those of you that think that they will have some sort of talk like the one that took place on page 262 of W@W. I think both Nita and Kit, though, are the kind of people both in maturity and personality, who won't necessarily come out and say "I like you, lets become a couple." Again, there's a grey area. What, to me, sounds more likely, is that they will kind of come to grips with the fact that they have a very special partnership. Think about the quote by Nita in W@W, "...Even around people as perfect as Kit and me." This fits, in terms of Nita, at least, knowing that what they had was a little more than friendship.

Now, something I'd like to say which may confuse people, is while I ship Nita/Kit, I don't want them to get together. 'Huh?' I hear people say. Well, I just don't want people

1. as young as them
      2. who are such close friends
      3. who are very important wizards with a lot of power together already.

to risk getting too deep into something. Some others have already mentioned the possible consequences that might arise if they tried something which didn't work out. Like I said before, I like the idea of them, possibly, talking about it off book (meaning that we don't read about it, but we get enough hints that we know it happened), so that all we see is a common understanding. Maybe something onestep...I don't know, not above love, but a bit diagonal from it. If that makes any sense. A different kind of affection.

Still, secretly, I hope we get the cliched conversation about each others feelings and then they become a couple and defeat darkness with their love and devotion to each other

Well, maybe not that extreme, but you know what I mean.

~Droplets

Comment

• The thing is that sometimes people being that close of friends isn't a problem. It requires being more careful, but it can be managed such that a breakup would not break the friendship and partnership. It does require a great deal of work and maturity, but I know it happens sometimes. I've seen my boyfriend and his ex's breakup and it worked.

In terms of Nita/Kit I am strongly, what happens happens. I feel they are close enough and would be smart enough that it would work. I understand why people wouldn't want them with the age, and sorta agree with that, but don't think that its an issue with them being the two of them, so much as a young romance would be dangerous, but it could be written well and could work with either them together or otherwise.

I feel that as friendship and partners, Nita and Kit could manage either. They are closer than friends anyways and that connection is powerful. This both means a romantic thing between them could work easier and stronger for them. It also means that if one or the other dates someone else, they are close enough that they could handle it and since they are close enough to be able to handle it.

They probably would hurt some, I mean, they weren't as close after Nita's Mom's death at first, but that would be nothing compared to a death.

So pretty much I'm like, they are both close enough to manage either, but at the same time I won't ship either way.
        We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• it does work out...i'm friends with many ex's. but, if the feelings aren't actually confronted (unless they simply disolve with time) if they're left to build and grow without you ever even being willing to admit that you ahve them...there WILL be a problem. usually the best way to bring out the love relationship is when one of them almost dies, and the other goes half crazy and kills everybody in revenge, then returns to the body and brings the loved one back while sobbing over how much they love them...ronan almost died once, if i remember, so it might be a bit weird doing that with kit, but it's how authors usually force these things into the open i think....in this case, it would also end the series though, most likely...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• "one of them almost dies, and the other goes half crazy and kills everybody in revenge"

-said by yr

Ok, did you mean EVERYBODY!! As in EVERYONE, like, all people? Or did you mean, like, every enemy, or something.

I just remembered something else. In WAW pg 262 we know that Kit likes Nita, right? I mean, why else would he be thinking and talking like that? But no one had really said that much about proof, or something similar, about how Nita likes Kit. I remembered that in WD, Dairine was talking to Nita, thinking that there was "unfinished business" about Ronan, with Kit. That means she was thinking that Kit might like her, or thinking that she liked him, and wanted to confirm that she didn't really like Ronan, or something. I mean, there really would be no "unfinished business" about Ronan if Nita and Kit were only best friends, right?
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Well, what proof do we have that Nita even likes Kit then? I mean we are all doing all this talk about wanting them to get together. But the bottom line is most cases of falling in love usually start out as a crush or a sexual attraction. Have we even seen that in Nita? Obviously Kit has some feelings. It's obvious with certain comments that he has made that I've posted before in this topic. But what about Nita? What are the hints about her really liking Kit in that way. Sure we had in "High Wizardry" her questioning how much she liked him but that was then. What are the clues now, now that we are farther in the series? Chew on that for a while.
              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Lamarquise is soo right. subtle things point out their hidden romance. i love hoe nita flips when kit says 'we' in aWAb. also,Alethia, laptops do have a pathetic supply of accents
                ----
                spyells, remember in HW how Nita is disappointed that Kit didn't notice some growth?. and how kit wanted to know about Nita and Ronan? in aWAB. and how he said 'we' althought Nita didn't evenmention wantingto work with him on this project, and how Nita was so extatic when he said that? Nita has to like kit or i will be crushed *thinks about crying, doesn't*

i would definately nominate Molly Weasley for mom of the year and i love your *name escapes her* picture thingy. it's awesome

[edited to consolidate double-post. --kli.]
                ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

• Thank you Ash78. I'm glad you like my sig and my avatar . I see you're new. Welcome to the Young Wizards forums. I've been a member for a year and I hope you enjoy being here. But we do have rules and the only reason I am warning you is because I don't want you to get into trouble. I got into a lot trouble for double posting, one liners, and bad grammar. Just be conscious of that fact so the administrators wont yell at you and so that the other members of this forum don't either.

There is an edit bottom on your posts. It looks like a pencil and it is usually on the top right hand corner of each post. Except in the spoiler threads it is in the bottom right. I would cut the last post and paste it to the first one. I just thought you might like to know for future reference. Have fun on the forums!

Oh, and here is the board faqs for your own refrence. Talk to you later!
                  http://youngwizards.net/groupee/foru...4/m/1081041321
                  http://youngwizards.net/groupee/foru...4/m/5021047321

I forgot that Nita was upset with Kit for not noticing certain developments in High Wizardry. And Nita sure was angry at Kit a lot "The Wizards Dilemma".
                  Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                  Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• there's no rule that says nita has to be as strieght forward with it as kit...but the hints shine through every once in a while. you have to look at what fits the plot every bit as much as how they act....plots tend to repeat in dependable patterns, at least for me. i mean, there's only so many ways you can resolve a particular situation and actually have it work! eventually, all ways are used, and from that point on all people can do is try to make things interesting with their own personal adittions. and the whole marrying your best friend of the opposite gender is a VERY big plot line for fantasies particularly when you factor in all the various foreshadowing and hinting.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I think we sort of do see that Nita likes him. I mean, we can probably all agree that she cares about him. Not neccessarily (spelled wrong, probably) like him, but we know that she cares about him a lot. They've both risked their lives for each other numerous times, and they get worried when the other is in danger, but still, I think they like each other, behind all of that. There are other reasons they couldn't notice it, though. Like the fact that neither of them had ever had a best friend before, or so I gather from the first book.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I dunno, Nita+Kit, Nita+Ronan, even Nita+Sker'ret...why are we marrying off Nita? (personally, Nita+Sker' would be...um...interesting ) Oh, while we're at it, let's marry Carmela off to Filif, that would be fun!

Okay, I've had my fun, now I'll actually agree (*gasp*) with the Nita+Kit shippers, shake my head and say that Carmela's got too many beaus for us to decide who the heck she'd get paired with, jump up and down 'n chant Dair+Roshaun, muse that Mr. Callahan should start dating and freak his daughters out..okay, I'm done
                        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Mr. Callahan start dating????!! Come on, Nita has enough to worry about already, Dari too! Yeah, it would freak them out, and I'm not sure if he's ready for that yet. It hasn't been that long since Mrs. Callahan died! Anyway, what if Mr. Callahan did remarry, their new step-mom wouldn't know what she had gotten herself into! It would be funny, but COME ON. I can imagine her reaction the first time she sees Dairine appear from nowhere, or if one of them invites aliens over for lunch, or something. Anyway, Nita, Dari, and their Dad seem to be doing fine on their own in the last books. Interesting idea, Rhi...
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Anyway, what if Mr. Callahan did remarry, their new step-mom wouldn't know what she had gotten herself into!
                            Well, the obvious solution there is for... um, never mind, that's too good an idea, and I don't want to prevent Diane from coming up with it independently. :-) PM me if you want to know what I'm thinking.
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I had actually forgotten about Nita's mother...
                              And nita HAS to get with someone eventualy! there's just too many romantic teases at this point not to have SOMETHING work out!

Comment

• I still can't picture Nita going out, though. Whether with Kit, or Ronan, I really can't picture anything like that. I mean, it doesn't exactly seem logical for people who have been all over the galaxy to just go to a movie, or something similar. Unless it was on Rirhath B; that I can easily picture...

Garret, were you going to suggest that he marry a wizard? That's what I would say. you probably had a better idea, though.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X