No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this series because it mixes magic with science (and romance). And because the stories are awesome, and they make me want to grow up to be a wizard (almost impossible, I know).
    But sometimes they get so complicated, like now with the Nita/Kit thing, and also the Dairine/Roshaun and possible Ronan/Carmela. I can't remember, did Nita ever grow taller than Kit, I mean, I know he was two inches taller than her in HW, but what about the rest of the books? Sorry, I just can't remember.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I just ignore the Nita/Kit thing cuz I've really never seen it. Dair/Roshaun is my favorite ship of all time!!!! Ronan/Carmela? Don't see that happening haha. I have no idea about their heights because i'm reading TWD where kids make fun of nita because shes taller than kit.
      Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
      Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
      iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

• trust me, nita and kit...definate possibility. (at least according to most of the forum...and there really ARE hints) and i think i like this series best because of the fact taht the characters are just so easy to RELATE too....it's harder getting into some of the other books by DD (at least for me) but anyways, back to the romance....i wonder how this whole martian princess thing will effect the relationship...
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I can see Nita getting jealous of the martian princess and then getting mad at herself for being jealous. And I think that Kit might have a bit of a fling for Nita, but I think that Nita's being torn between Kit and Ronan (just some of the stuff in WAW that lead me to think this...) I would like to see Dairine and Roshaun together (that would be absolutely adorable ), but she would have to find him first.
          "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
          Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• I don't particularly think that (the Nita being torn between Kit and Ronan thing), because to me it seemed as if Nita felt ok with Carmela crushing on Ronan. She didn't feel mad or jealous about it at all, or it doesn't seem that way with what DD put in the book. And then there was Kit trying to talk to her (pg 262 WAW), and I think she was nervous about it, because she instantly sort of wwent around the subject, getting a little angry with Kit for bringing it up,but then saying that all it did was make her feel more comfortable around Ronan than she was. See, she's telling him the truth basically, but never really admitting that she liked Ronan in the first place, though Kit probably already guessed that she did.
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• It makes me feel bad for Kit in a way. (Sorry no chance there buddy. ) But when it's put that way kk it sounds as if you're saying Nita doesn't like him at all. I hope that isn't the case. And if Nita doesn't get upset everytime Kit wants to discuss something like this it would make everything easier.

I really hope Dairine finds him.
              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• What I'm trying to say is that when Kit tried to talk to Nita about how close they were, and how she felt about Ronan, it made her nervous because she likes Kit. And she didn't neccesarily get upset, she could have just pretended to be upset to confuse him. Another thing, she never said that she didn't like Ronan, maybe just to make Kit even more jealous than he already was. But of course, she never said that she did like Ronan either. I think that Nita does like Kit, and I don't think she likes Ronan anymore, though I think Ronan might still like her.
                Makes me wonder whether Dairine still likes Kit...
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• *is supposed to be practicing Fantasy for Clarinet 1 by Schuman but is posting instead* I don't know about Nita trying to make Kit jealous; that doesn't really strike me as something Nita would do. Jealousy is a complicated and not-very-pleasant emotion and I don't think Neets would put her best friend through it on purpose. She's too altruistic for that. And I think that Ronan and Nita's little kiss in Abroad might not have been as serious as everyone keeps assuming. As for Dairine liking Kit...*retches and makes gagging noises, then avoids the cannons of the ship(pers)* Dair and Roshaun...all I can say is Ihopeihopeihope
                  "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism

Comment

• being the hopeless romantic that i sometimes am...*Desperately wants everyone to happily end up with eachother* and i don't care if someone has to come back from the dead to get to that place! *is half kidding* but really...i LIKE it when the characters end up getting a happily ever after with eachother...it's the least we writers can do after torturing them all so much. :P
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhi:
                      *is supposed to be practicing Fantasy for Clarinet 1 by Schuman but is posting instead*
                      I was starting to get to the point of saying "I used to play clarinet", but after recently joining the Brewer Hometown Band and getting promoted from 3rd to 1st after the director heard me warming up before my first rehearsal, I think I might still play. :-)

I think my favorite clarinet piece is Rossini's Introduction, Theme, and Variations. I learned it from a Richard Stolzman album (yes, album, not CD (although it _was_ an all-digital recording)), and have probably put more work into it than anything else I've done (besides the Mozart, of course), though I've never performed it. *tries to think of any Romanzas he's learned, desperating attempting to bring the thread back on topic*
                      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Well, you could make some argument that Rossini is a Romantic composer.

Personally, my favorite of the budding romance storylines is definitely the one with Dairine and Roshaun. And weirdly, it makes me think of one of the most romantic sf short stories I've ever read, George R.R. Martin's "The Lonely Songs of Laren Dorr", which begins with the line (iirc): "There is a girl who walks between the worlds..."
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I think my favorite clarinet piece is Rossini's Introduction, Theme, and Variations
                          Oo, I'm going to look that up, that looks interesting. Thanks Garrett! It's been hard to find pieces to play after having to resign from band (which has got to be one of the hardest things I've ever done, but my high school doesn't have a band

*searches brain for romantic comment* ummmmmmm, geez, what have I not said yet? Well, I'm definitely agreeing w/you, Kathy-- Dair + Ro = + + A very volatile and unbalanced expression

Comment

• that's the one problem with this topic: we keep on running out of things to say! we start, we stop, we get new members, we start again, we stop, we forget (or pretend to forget) that we've already said it, and say it again, and then we stop once more...it's an everlasting cirlce, it seems!

Comment

• One thing in the book that I think hints at Dair/Roshaun is that it said Dairine had cried for a while when he went missing (or something like that). We have learned in past books that Dairine almost NEVER cried. Ergo, he must have been VERY important to her...
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• i think that she cried after reading her necklace...could be wrong though. but still, i hope we find out what that necklace had on it (particularly if it could make dairine cry) *wonders if there's any hints left of nita and kit we've missed* it would certainly help with our discussion. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X