No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, SOMETIMES they do...but you shouldn't assume that's the case. you might be wrong...i mean, sometimes the character falls into a bush just because it's funny, and to show how clumsy they are...and sometimes it turns out that the bush was just an act, and they went down a whole and met up with a secret ops team in just two seconds. :P (kidding...mostly...i've had a character fall in a bush, go through the time stream, have an entire other adventure, and get zapped back to where they left, in time to continue the first adventure...or just be switched with a look a like evil character...) the point of my endless ramble being, sometimes a joke is just a joke...and sometimes it isn't. keeps people on guard, and often means that you can get twisted up by the LACK of plot twists where you expect them as easily as the EXISTANCE of plot twists where you didn't.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Yeah, you're probably right. I just like to think about these things. It makes it fun disscussing who's going to get with who and why. This stuff is what makes the world go round. Well this and chocolate of course.

If anything I would love for Nita and Kit to get together. I just wouldn't want their partnership to come under strain if the relationship didn't work out. I would rather have them not get together just for that reason. I mean they're a great team I would hate for it to be ruined.

Now for some of the other ships that I've noticed on this site. Some people have mentioned Darryl and Nyuget (I know I butchered that name but I don't have my book on me). I don't remember there being anything specific there. I also heard something about Darryl and this girl that Nita and the rest of them met at the crossings. You know that group of three. The one with the Aussie looking boy that helped Nita heal Ronan. I don't remember anything specific happening there either. Unless I overlooked it. I also forgot what topic I saw it in.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Hmmm....

You know, that's Nita and Kit's problem, yet also some sort of solution. They both want to make sure that the relationship thing is ok with the other one, because if it isn't and they speak of their feelings, it could completely mess up their friendship as well as their hopes of being more than friends. Another thing to add, Nita already made Kit jealous by kissing Ronan, maybe Kit will try to get her back with a Martian Princess...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• that's a kind of a mean thing to do to someone...but people have a tendency to do it anyways. and i think they should take the risk, and get together...it might strain their friendship, if it doesn't work out, but if they're strong enough friends they might be able to hold together anyways...and it'll eventually break them up if they're constnatly jealous when the other one is together with someone.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• That's true young reader. But I wouldn't be surprised if kk was right. I mean people get each other back all the time. Does it make it right, no. But people do it. The best of friends can be broken up just by simple jealousy.

Comment

• That's why they should simply stop trying to make the other jealous, and just TALK TO EACH OTHER about it. Kit tried to, but I think it's Nita's turn to try to talk to Kit. Like ask him what he was actually trying to say when he confronted her about Ronan. It gets so annoying sometimes, I almost wish I could just talk to the book characters! Another thing (I can't remember if I already posted this or not, I don't think so). Notice that when Dairine liked Kit, she teased Kit and Nita of being together, and when Nita liked Ronan, Kit teased Nita about it (remember AWA, on the moon). Why don't people in books just TALK anymore. It's not fair! *is sort of joking*
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• people NEVER talk about ANYTHING these days...it's why things often get so horrid at times. and they talk about love least of all! it's still my personal belief that if they don't get together, or at leat TRY to do so, their jealousy will eventually rip apart their relationship as easily as any bad breakup...they'll never know if they don't try, anyways....

Comment

• See, in my theories and thoughts on what is going to happen in the next books, I think Nita and Kit are going to HAVE to talk about it. I'm not saying that just because I want them to talk about it (though I do), I'm saying this because it was in my dreams, and if you think of it it all makes sense. It's about the promise Nita and Kit made at the start of Dairine's ordeal, a promise that as long as they both wanted to be partners, they would be partners for, well, eternity. I think that like Bitty's promise, it also has grown by now, and that sometime in future, Tom and Carl, or another wizard would have to tell them what exactly grew from their promise. I suspect, well, if you realize that it was a wizards' promise, wizardry would make it more powerful. And more powerful than partners, or best friends as they were at the time, is, well, I suspect, marriage. It sounds weird, but sort of ironic, because just before Kit had appeared on the moon, Nita was thinking, "Well, it's not as if they're going to make me marry him!" And a long long time ago, in this romance forum or another one, I remember someone remarking, "I want them to get together, but it's not like they have to get married or anything!" I however, think that is exactly how it is going to end. That promise, I always felt, was sort of a spell in its own, some sort of binding, linking them together. I know, it sounds completely crazy. Just theories, though. Please comment.
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• That's a really interesting theory, kk, but what about wizards like Tom and Carl? What about wizards that take the oath alone and marry another wizard that they only met later? What about wizards that marry non-wizards?
                    Plus there's always the fact that Tom and Carl were talking about in one of the books, how sometimes wizard partners sort of fall out and grow apart from each other. What's that, wizard divorce?!
                    When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

• I never thought about that promise as being a spell in it self. But it makes sense. Anything that a wizard says can be made more powerful just because they're a wizard. As we all know wizards aren't even supposed to lie. So I could see a promise meaning more. Remember when Nita told her aunt in "A Wizard Abroad" that she was going to see Ronan. She didn't really mean that. Funny how that's the very person that she ends up going to see. What a wizard says has more power than what a regular person says. It might just mean something for Kit and Nita in the future. I have to admit though that if they fall in love I don't want that to be the basis of the whole story. It would kill it for me. But a little romance is just fine.

People don't even talk about their feelings in real life. I remember my mom telling me that years later after high school this guy she had liked in school told her he had liked her then too. He didn't say anything because he could tell his best friend liked her too. My mom didn't like his friend. So you can imagine she was just a little upset. If Nita and Kit do try to talk about it it will be difficult. Just like it was this time.

Comment

• the problem is, no matter what will end up happening, we're not going to know for quite some time...because the happening might just end the books. so, as much as i want those two together, i can't help but hope that union occures a LONG time from now, if it's going to bring the series end with it...i suppose, though, finding out will help to make up for the end. *grins*

Comment

• I wasn't saying it would happen soon, I was just saying that I hope it happens sometime in th efuture, and it would be an interesting way for it to happen, and it would possibly make sense. It doesn't necessarily have to happen because of the promise, they could find out about the promise after falling in love, or the promise could have no significance at all, and my theory means nothing. The series plots are up to DD, and no one else. They're still fun to talk of, though.
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• No they don't have to happen now. But a promise is a promise. And wizards know that the best way for the lone power's influence to enter is through the broken word. I just get so excited about this stuff. This book really needs to come out soon. I've been waiting forever. And the two still may not fall in love in this book. It might be the next one. Or never. Argghh!

Comment

• it'll happen EVENTUALLY, i hope...but i hope not this one or the next one, since it might very well mean the end of the series. *has mixed feelings abuot THAT happening.* I might actually have to go back to reading the OTHER books DD writes. *pretends to look horrified at idea of this* kidding. anyways, i want hte series to last as long as possible (even if that means waiting a little bit)

Comment

• I agree. It is difficult to find a good series now. I love this series because it doesn't concentrate on the love stuff. But a little is all right as long as it doesn't take too much away from the plot.

Comment

Working...
                                X