No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Ronan's okay...I don't hate him, but I was mad when Nita had a crush on him, my thoughts since the second book being that she should end up with Kit. And when Nita introduced Kit and Ronan, I think Ronan could tell that Kit liked Nita. Wasn't that part something like, "They shook hands, Kit willingly enough," or something like that? It makes me think that Ronan was sort of reluctant to make friends with Kit. Poor him, if he keeps trying to get Nita, he doesn't know what he's getting into...

(Whereas, Kit would know what he'd be getting into, having been Nita's best friend for a while now.)
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: Hey i like the way you think. I do believe that in HW, right before Nita and Kit went to go help Dair out, Nita did ask kit about their "friendship" and kit said something about only being friends or something like that. Not totally sure need to double check, but i think that is why Ronon came in and now Kit feels nervous about loosing her. Maybe?
      I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Maybe...I need to check also. I'm rereading the books this year (until AWoM comes out), but because of lack of time, I'm only on the second one so far. I really need to work on reading faster...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• That is so funny, because i am rereading the books as well, and I am reading the second one right now. Just starting 'The Song of the Twelve' tonight. Keep me updated if you get there first.
          I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Get there first? I'm on the first chapter!
            I will let you know if I do, though.

DW is a very good book. Funny how it seems that with me, all of the books either leave me laughing or crying...though that's probably only with me.
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I totally agree with you. The books keep me up because i never seem to be able to put it down. DW i get a lot of kit trying to protect Nita which i so love, for obvious reasons. haha
              I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• life doesn't HAVE to be fair, but considering what all writers have to put their characters through, all the tortures that we make them feel...the least you can do is give them a tiny bit of happiness now and than, even if you might pluck it away later. So i hope Ronan finds SOMEBODDY...
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Maybe one of the twins (twychild, whatever they're called).

I was reading DW last night, and I came across this on page 37:

"Y'like him, huh?" Dairine said.

"Yeah, I like him," Nita said, and turned red at having to make the admission.
                  So we know that Nita liked Kit then, but the problem is, we don't know if she still does. And it's more than obvious that Kit still likes her. If I had the rest of my books with me, I would be able to quote something from basically every book in the series that shows that he does. (Though I think the page that proves it most is 262 of W@W.)
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• OK I was reading HW yesterday and a bit today and In chapter: Pattern Recognition, Nita get confused about kit and her relationship. She doesn't know how he feels about things, heck she doesn't know how she feels about things.

Then In chapter: Reserved Words, Nita tells kit flat out, "I like you, that's all. A lot."
                    And all kit said in return was, "Neets, gut me some slack. You're my best friend."
                    She seemed ok with that, however, didn't she tell Ronon when she first meet him on the bus that Kit was her boyfriend, Well made him think that?

Do you think he believed her? After all he was the one to kiss her first, not that she fought it, but if he did believe her then that totally sucks that he would do that knowingly. But I think he knew because he doesn't come off as that type of guy. He is a good guy.
                    I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I think he knew that they liked each other, and that he would have a pretty tough time if he pursued Nita. But maybe he liked her enough to think it was worth it...?

I don't think he actually loved her, or still does. I think he just had a crush on her, nothing actually that serious.

Whereas Kit on the other hand...
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I got to the part in AWA and when Ronon and Kit first meet. It seemed like neither one wanted to meet each other. And it seems like there might be a hint of jealousy in both parties, but they are nice to each other.

However, why then did Kit invite Ronon over to help in W@W? It just seems wierd if he was worried about nita and ronon why would he bring them back together?
                        I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Maybe he wanted to try to be friends with him, y'know, for Nita's sake, because he wanted what's best for her, even if he had to sacrifice for it.

Though if Kit actually cares that much about her, I think it is he who deserves her, not Ronan. Kit was with Nita through some of the hardest times of her life, and Ronan never seemed to care about her besides just having a crush on her.

I personally think that Kit and Ronan being friends couldn't work out easily. There'd always be jealousy between them, no matter who ended up with Nita.

I've always felt a bit weird talking about Ronan like this, for two reasons. The first is that I just really don't like him, and the second is that if he were a real person, I'd be related to him. Which creeps me out.
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I agree that i don't think they can be friends. However, if Ronon does ONLY have a crush on nita then they possibly could be friends, because crushes come and go.

I also agree that should be with Nita, but as for deserving her. I'm not sure he has proven himself yet to her. She sacrificed her life many times for him, and lucky is still alive. Not that he didn't want to but the fact that he didn't think of it first. I would like to see him acually be that Knight in Shinning Armer for her.

I don't dislike Ronon, he seems cool once you break him down, and i think he would be a great friend for both kit and nita. I agree jealous would be a big thing for either one to over come, and i know how hard it is for me. However, nita is probably waiting for kit to make the first move, like she did with Ronon (like most girls do with guys. Not all but most.) and I think Ronon is going to push his limit so Kit has to do something. Make sense?

Why would you be related to Ronon?
                            I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Yeah, it makes sense.

But I still think Kit has proven himself. They've saved each other's lives, not only Nita saving his. And who says being your "Knight in Shining Armor" isn't giving you comfort when you need it, and always being there to support you?

For school I had to research my family tree, and I found that my great-great-great-grandmother was descended from the Nolans. So yeah, if he was real, or based on a real person, I probably would be related to him. Looking through the family tree, I did find a Ronan Nolan, but I couldn't find any information on him. Though this also might mean that my family is descended from Lugh, which would also disturb me slightly. It would be cool, though...
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I think that the idea of a Knight in Shining Armor is... well... I don't really like it. I mean, DD has complicate her plot, and I think that for people to have actual sentimental value for each other, they tend to need a little more. And I don't think that Nita really would like something like that.
                                I agree that Kit deserves Nita, though. I don't really think that they are ready yet, but I'm not sure...

Kk: that is really cool!

Whatever happens... NO CARMELA/RONAN!!!
                                Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Working...
                                X