Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by young reader:
    anyone consider the reason for her saying kit looked handsome in that light, was so that AFTERWARDS she could mention how nita had first rights to him? maybe it was actually forshadowing kit and nita...
    That is a good idea Young Reader. I know that as a writer you have to find creative ways to get hints across. Thank You, kk, thank you. And amen right back to you too. At least we are thinking on the same page.
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Remember that Roshaun told Dairine to keep the necklace. He said "It becomes you." What did that mean? Also remember when Dairine said she couldn't wait to get out of these clothes. Roshaun said "The way you did it before? That was both intresting and informative." Dairine thought Now what the heck does that mean?!

I just posted so that everyone would know it's my Birthday tomorrow.

Comment

• ...And Roshaun replied, "Probably not what you think it does." That is the point where you definitely know they're getting close, because he had overheard on of her thoughts. At least they realized that they were getting close when thought reading began, Nita and Kit really didn't, unless you count pg. 262 where Kit thinks about it, but I don't really count that page. I don't think they can realize it until they BOTH realize it, or talk about it, or something of that sort. Who knows if they will ever fully realize how close they seem? How would Ronan react to Kit and Nita being more than friends? I think he would be grimmer that usual, and get angry at Nita that she chose Kit, but rediscover that she doesn't give in to anger, as he should have remembered from before. Oh what a complicated story this would turn out to be...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• definately complex, but most likely going to have to wait till the last book. after all, we don't want to ruin the story by getting those two together too early! (though i DO wish we did in fact know that they were getting together.) and i think roshaun simply meant the neclace looked good on her...and maybe he knew what it said, as well, and wanted her to keep that.
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Good and good from the both of you. I hadn't thought of that Young Reader that maybe Roshaun may have known what it said and wanted her to keep it.

What I don't understand is why did Kit and Nita stopped using (Is it mind touch? I could be thinking of another series so I'll say sorry in advance just in case I'm wrong. ) it in the first place. I noticed since I started to reread the series that after a while it became difficult for them to communicate mind to mind. I know it was mentioned in one of the books of why it might become harder for close wizards to hear each other after a while. I can't remember which book. So why is that it can become harder? How can it mean anything though if the two already could do it, stopped, and now can do it again? I mean they are partners. So on the issue of them getting together how could this be significant? I'm not refuting any argument I just want to understand. I see Dairine and Roshaun a little differently on this because they weren't partners and they obviously have a lot of chemistry.

Plus I kind of stopped reading Wizards at War after I got the Harry Potter book. I finished Harry Potter by the way though.

Comment

• i'm not sure the exact reasons...maybe it's just because as you get closer emotionally, it would simply be more AWKWARD to be that close mentally...would YOU want the person you're falling in love with reading all your thoughts about them? i'm not entirely sure WHY, but either way, it seems like a fairly good idea...people tend to think things they don't mean when emotions as powerful as love are in play, or things that are simply embarresing...which is why it's good for a plot device. :P and spyells: you're the same age as me! wow! happy birthday again! *is off now that timer for library computer has gotten too low* this is what i get for being too into philosophy topic for long...ah well. post more tomarrow!
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Well, DD did say in one of the books, AWA I think, that they had just gotton so used to talking to each other, that they were out of practice with mind touch (or whatever), and were becoming closer that way instead. And remember in AWA how Kit was listening through Nita's ears when he had taken the Sword to the moon, and she got mad at him? I think he had heard some of Nita's thoughts. Remember, about Ronan. Kit confronted her about it in WAW. This is probably why they didn't want to talk mentally anymore, not only because of how they might feel about each other, but because of how they might feel about other people at certain times, and overhearing the other's thoughts about this person. That would be truly embarrasing, and was for Nita and Kit on page 262 of WAW.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• i guess it wouldn't have been very tactful for him to have admitted that, huh? *grins* either way, i hope that it's a sign that their relationship is getting closer and closer to love....*is already imagining far off wedding bells* *grins* seriously, it would be nice to see them together. they seem MEANT for eachother sometimes...only thing is, at this point, i think DD will have a riot on her hand no matter WHO gets together with who...we're already devided into factions! there's nita and kit, nita and ronan, nita and no one...anyway you play it, SOMEONE"S not getting what they want. of course, if authors always played by what we want, no story would be written, dumbledore would be alive, and harry would be living with serius. :P

Comment

• Yeah Young Reader you are right. If authors wrote what we wanted them to than it would never work. And we do seem to have everyone divided into fractions. But maybe we're all reading this wrong. What if none of the people that we think are going to get together do. I mean the series isn't over. So isn't it just possible that another girl might come in some where and Kit might fall for her? And Dairine isn't over Roshaun and I have to admit that if it was me I wouldn't be over him either. And Nita is very head strong. Not many guys could handle her. Oh well, we'll see what happens soon enough.

Comment

• As Joss Whedon once said, "I'd rather make a show that 100 people need to see than one that 1000 people want to see."

I'm not sure who I'm shipping here, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nita and Kit. It will be much more interesting to see how being involved with other people affects their working relationship with each other.
                      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• i HOPE she doesn't end up with someone completely different...i think the entire BOARD would revolt if that happened...not that that would ever stop DD, come to think of it...
                        I guess we really WILL have to just wat and see, won't we? *grins* well, i look forward to the seeing...not so much to the waiting.

Comment

• "So isn't it just possible that another girl might come in some where and Kit might fall for her?"
                          -Said by Spyells

*Grins, then chuckles* Yeah, like the others were teasing him about in WAW. Kit's martian princess....
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I wonder what a Martian princess would look like. *stops to think about that for a moment and imagining a red alien with about ten eyes wearing a cinderella type dress* And from the summary of the next book I wouldn't be surprised if 'the maritian princess' thing wouldn't be too far off. I mean something is going to draw Kit to Mars. He's interested in all things Martian but that doesn't mean that that joke couldn't have been foreshadowing.

I don't know really I'm just guessing.

Comment

• maybe she looks mostly human...just a bit taller, and a bit more graceful...it would make sense. not all of the aliens seen have been taht different from humans. though, in order to live on mars...*thinks about what you'd need to survive there* i don't know...

Comment

• Maybe she wouldn't need air like we would. I would love to see that in the book though. I mean Roshaun wasn't from earth and he and Dairine hit it off. I mean people fall in love with others on the job all the time, right? I just know from experience that authors don't put things (including jokes) in books lightly. A lot of things end up having some kind of meaning or other.

Comment

Working...
                                X