Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romance

So who do you think will end up together? I personally think that Nita and Ronan will end up together. Plus Dairine and Roushane ( I know I nispelled it some how but I dont want to go get book) Will end up together. Kit welll.. Mabye a new character will come up that fits his fancy...
    But if DD reads this she probably going to make it so my eyes pop out of my head like the unlikly out come of Kit and Dairine!

Moved to the spoiler forum - although this one isn't really a spoiler, the replies are likely to go that way - Peter
    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

i very heartily diagree with u......nita and kit are indeed cliche' but the way DD has brought certain things up between them, (betwwen the early comments by Dair about them, kit's thoughts in Dilemma and W@W, up to the conversations by Nita and carmela in W@W) ceertainly break the mold, allowing nita and kit to end up together....either that or kit ends up with noone, because imagine nita and kit's convos shortly followed by Kit and Dairine monents. ...not appealing
    I love Boston...(I'm from there).I wonder if Nita and Kit will ever go there...

I just (made you, too) Lost The Game :D:D:D

Comment

That is very true. DD will surprise us I bet. Mabye something like Dairine and Kit! LOL That would be so unpredictible! I dont think Ronan has a shot with Nita because hes kinda... Well a power that be etc. It would be too weird. I was hoping monch and one of Tom and Carls dogs could be Ponches GF but... I guess that wont work now.
      ~Azen
      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Ronan is kind of an ex-Power That Used to Be, now. But I still don't think he has a chance with Nita, given her attitude to the whole Carmela/Ronan thing. Nita and Carmela are both obviously Ok with the idea with the idea of Carmela chasing Ronan, the question is, how does Ronan feel about it ?

Plus, what about the overlays causing problems for wizards in Ireland? How often can Ronan just pop over to Long Island? There's that five-hour time difference, too.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I don't think it's going to end up being Ronan/Carmela. Remember when we first met Roshaun, Carmela seemed to have the hots for him too (until she realizes that Dari wants him). Carmela seems to like him, sure, but she never seems to sertiuous about it. And then Ronan... does he like her at all, or at leats in THAT way? It doesn't seem like it.

PM said:
          Plus, what about the overlays causing problems for wizards in Ireland? How often can Ronan just pop over to Long Island? There's that five-hour time difference, too.
          I don't think that's anything that they really need to worry about. It was probably cleared up/fixed after AWAB, and also with all that power boost they have, he can easily do that spell that cancels the overlays. It's the end of the universe, I highly doubt that would be anything to really worry about.

Comment

They'll lose the power boost post-WaW and the events of AWAB did nothing to clear up the overlays.

Comment

Not to mention that Carmela seemed, actually, fairly serious about Ronan to me. She makes flip comments a lot, but she brought him up as a topic of conversation often enough that it doesn't seem like her ordinary style. And I don't think I remember her actually joking about him to his face like she does with everyone else. Does anyone else?
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I used to be a HUGE Nita/Ronan shipper...I still don't mind the idea of them together...actually, I'm still for it. They have some snappy dialogue and have some serious differences. That is what makes it so much fun!

Although I am still for Nita/Ronan, I don't mind Carmela/Ronan. As long as she gets a little bit more serious, it might work. She may even *gasp* lighten him up a little.

Whatever DD comes up with, I'm happy. As for Dairine/Roshaun, I can't say it enough, they have to be together! They have quirks that just make the storylines so much more interesting!

*No day but Today.* -Rent
                -Kris

Comment

even though i havent read WAW i think that it Kit and Nita would work well and Dairi and Roshaun too! I cant really imagine ronan with Nita. they just dont seem to have chemistry.
                  Though i do think it is and would be funny if Ronan and Nita tried(TRIED ONLY PEOPLE!)a relationship again...but in the long run i dont think it would work....

I'd like Kit to get very jealous if that happened! hehehe
                  YEPPIT! THE EARTH IS DOOMED....THE DESTRUCTION OF MAKIND IS IMMINENT!....THEY WILL DESTROY THEMSELVES!
                  AND...Call 911 if you read this message....

Comment

Nita and Kit all the way. I know it's cliche, but it kind of seems like there's been something leading up to it the entire series. There's been little things here and there throughout all the books. I don't think that Nita/Ronan would work out because with that bond she's got with Kit, well, it just wouldn't work.
                    Dairine and Roshaun, there's definetly something there that I think will carry into the next couple of books, hopefully. I like the idea of them getting together
                    before the beginning
                    after the end
                    what happens to us?

Comment

I am such a Kit/Nita shipper, I just love them together. I haven't finished reading W@W yet, but I really like Dairine and Roshaun together too. As for Carmela and Ronan, it's so crazy it just might work!
                      Skye

Comment

I've been an uber-shipper of Dairine and Roshaun since Holiday, so I really hope the whole Roshaun dillemma is cleared up and ends in them getting together. It's just too cute! Both can be kind of arrogant, and the other has the power to take them down a peg. -grins- Plus, their dynamic is just perfect... I was nearly falling to the ground with the perfect-ness of it during WaW. Other than that, I've always thought of Carmela and Filif as a possible couple (well, not possible anatomical or species-wide, but since when does that sort of thing stop Mela?). If he were humanoid, she'd go for him. Definitely. Darned splinters... -wink- Some of their dialogue together is great too, like when Carmela pretends to try to get Filif to kill off Kit.
                        But Carmela-Ronan is fun too, even though he does seem kind of scared/intimidated/uninterested in her. Of course, I think that's Ronan's self-defense mechanism kicking in after what happened with Neets. Not that he has to worry with 'mela. She probaby think that him sharing a body with a power was hot. She kinda has power issues...
                        Finally, there is Kit and Nita, which I love as a ship and always will. Mais oui.

Comment

I'm going to be repetitive and say that I'm totally shipping Nita/Kit and Dari/Roshaun after W@W. Actually, I've been shipping Nita/Kit since Dilemma, but D/R only came about after W@W.
                          ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                          Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                          L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

I totally agree with MWG-
                            I've been an uber-shipper of Dairine and Roshaun since Holiday, so I really hope the whole Roshaun dillemma is cleared up and ends in them getting together. It's just too cute! Both can be kind of arrogant, and the other has the power to take them down a peg. -grins- Plus, their dynamic is just perfect... I was nearly falling to the ground with the perfect-ness of it during WaW.
                            It's true! They're so perfect because they're both very self-concious and assured... it's brilliant! Tcha! And the W@W thing was obviously cliched... oh, yay, the girl puts on a beautiful dress and the guy sees her and thinks she's beautiful, et cetera, et cetera. But DD sort of shrugged off the cliche by adding the whole Oh-Mon-Dieu-he's-seeing-me-NAKED!-thing. So it balances out in the end.
                            The Carmela-dash-Ronan thing? Nah. Carmela has flirted with: Roshaun, Filif, Ronan, and Sker'ret. And in case it's been forgotten, that's every single wizard she's met, besides Tom and Carl and Kit, or course!
                            And Nita and Kit? Urgh, no. They might have gotten a romance on in the past, and there's always a hint of it lurking about, but... they love eachother like a brother and sister. I don't think that romance would be their think, y'know?
                            When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I'm with Alethia about a Kit/Nita romance. They love each other like siblings, they can't go out! I believe that the constant 'Nita loved Kit like a brother', 'Nita didn't like Kit that way,' ect. comments in the YW series are /not/ Nita in denial (as many Nita/Kit shippers seem to think) but because they're true, and to keep the /readers/ from getting ideas about Kit and Nita that would only lead to dissapointment. Seriously, think about it. Kit and Nita can accidnetally overhear each others thoughts. That takes just takes any romance out of their relationship.

Also, I'm against Carmela/Ronan. This isn't just because I'm a Nita/Ronan shipper. I don't think Carmela deserves Ronan, for one thing. She's a ditz, and he's too serious for her. She would probebly annoy him. I just can't see those two together.

I'm totally for Dairine/Roshaun. I think that's pretty much a concensus here, though.

And, finally, my main ship: Nita/Ronan. I think they're perfect for each other. Plus, things between them were never really settled in AWA.

Comment

Working...
                              X