Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DairineRules!:
    how do you make a costom avatar?
    or
    what is a url?
    The FAQ has an entry on custom avatars, with step-by-step instructions.

URL stands for "Universal Resource Locator" and it's the webpath to a any file that's served over the web. Typically, a URL starts with http:// and points to an HTML page, but it can also point to a graphic file.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• ok thanks

Comment

• hope you find it if not its a simple walk though, just copy the url. which it the thing tyou type lets say google.com in and you get a bunch of numers and leters and dots. copy that to the custom place and it sould work. anywayz welcome and please take my offering of chocolat diped fish and chips. and if you dont youlloffend my comp. it worked tirlessly to make them... lol anyways welcome
        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Well, what can I say. I'm 26 and working three jobs in Boston, MA: two part-time as a library circulation assistant and one full-time as a grad student (Library and Information Science.) I've joined because I'm -

A) a long-time fan of the Young Wizard books,*
          B) researching SYWTBAW for a class project.

Wanted to say hello and introduce myself before I go posting willy-nilly in the SYWTBAW forum.

*Here is where I admit that I've only read the first three books. I *have* all of them - ever since I found out she had written "Wizard Abroad" and "The Wizard's Dilemma" I've been nabbing them as they come out in paperback. It's just that I've been waiting for the perfect time to start rereading from the beginning - those first three are very dear to me - and every time I get the latest book, it seems like there's another one due to be released. I'm probably the only person in the world who feels like the books are coming too quickly for me to handle...
          __________________________________________________ ________________________
          "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

• The Lauderdale-In a world with over 6 billion people, for every person thinking they're the only person in the world to feel a different way, there's another feeling that same way who thinks they're the only person in the world to feel that way, and another person feeling that way, and another....etc. Sorry, random Anyways, welcome to the forums! I shake you warmly by the hand with the special new YW handshake that no-one's actually come up with yet (or have they?) Hmm, I just figured out that I don't know how to spell no one as one word...
            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• sure we have! it involves sticking out your tounge, babbling like a person gone mad (which we all have, if we weren't there from birth. :P) and jumping up and down.
              Though i think that might be more of an automatic reaction to seeing DD then anything else.

Love the signiture by the way, The Lauerdale, and nice to meet you!
              *gives the now standered welcome of virtual cookies and milk, along with several platters of cake in all flavors, an entire library containing any book ever to be written, or that will be written (don't i wish had enough to actually give them away as gifts. :P) and whatever else i happen to think of as a good gift* That might just include a passage to your own hidden insanity, so i suggest you be warey when talking to doctors. :P

Hope to see you around the forums! (hope you don't mind posting with a bunch of teens. :P some members here are older, but many are teens, including me.)
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Thank you both for the welcome! And no worries about age-ism on my part, young reader, I'd be a dope if I did. Speaking of which, what's your preference? Do you like to be called young reader? Or Young Reader? Or Y-R?

...Yar.
                __________________________________________________ ________________________
                "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

• ...i don't think i've ever been called yar before. But you can call me anything. You can even call me dragon writer, from the others sites i'm on if you want (though if you do just about everyone else will be confused. :P) most people just call me yr though.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• hey YR you took my cake that sucks now what do i have to give em???
                    hmmm...
                    ok how about a nice smoothie and a nice big hug... corny but hey it works...

hmmm your sig. reminds me of pirats... lol... well anyway welcome and see ya around
                    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Can i give you someone ELSES email for uses email, in response to your sig? *kidding* and in a ahead of time welcome to the six people on board the registration screen (if any of them join) welcome! *splits cake in half so both me and wizzy can give it to you, then drizzles smoothies on both half and has cookies flying around them in rappid circles to ward against those who would eat it before the newbies*

yes, we're all insane cake thieves here, but that's why we get along so well. :P

Comment

• hi people! i love the books soooo(...) much, but i just found this - i don't really know where to post though, and why does aWoM keep getting delayed? - it been getting pushed back all the time
                        "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Welcome to the Forums smile! Don't worry I just found this forum this year, after reading W@W...

I'm not sure why AWoM keeps getting pushed back, I guess I really didn't notice. hehe..

Anyway I want to be the first to hand _you_ a virtual chocolate chip cookie... with milk of course..

DAI
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Welcome, smile! The last word we had from DD on WoM being delayed was that there was an editorial turnover at the publisher's and a bit of a power struggle going on. If you're worried about posting, just lurk about and read for a while, until you get the hang of which thread you can post in. And there's always the "Topic of Great Randomness."
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Thanks Emi *eats cookie, drinks milk* and kli6! Everyone is really nice here and if everyone really is insane, this is perfect for me!
                              Those chats with DD - how do you get into it?
                              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, smile. Sorry Kli but, smile ignore what kli(kathy) said. DO NOT LURK. Post, ask questions, be active. We were all new once. And here is your complementary strait jacket.
                                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                                (+'.'+)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X