No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, so, how is everyone? I've been gone for a while,but i am still here!!! same as anybody else.... any new members to be had?

Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
    "What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
    Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
    :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
    Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
    A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• *Waves at crookedfrog* Welcome back! New members...hmmm...can't remember anyone in particular...*waves hand vaguely* They come and go, y'know?

*is mad at self* I can't believe it! Yesterday, just by dumb luck, I got on the boards at the same time as the chat with DD...but I had forgotten about the chat...and just before I got off I remembered, but by that time DD was gone and I had to get off...I'm so mad!! Ack!

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
      'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
      -The Fellowship of the Ring
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Noo! Darnit, what a bummer... *winces in sympathy* See, that's why I was saying strange things about chat...

New memebers... oh yes, Worldgating Team Member. Ans Skitty, I think...
        T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• And Nitta. Has she been on since Friday? Welcome back crookedfrog!!! *Throws a fireball at crookedfrog* For old times sake

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• db: You hope worms are coming out? Ew. But that's oddly fascinating, for what it is.
            bc: Hmm...you have a point...strange keyboard symbols have a certain appeal.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
            -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
            *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
            http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Actually that was I don't hope they are gonna come out. I was sleepy then.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
              "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
              "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Oh well. Happens to the best of us. At least it wasn't a terribly important word; have you heard of 'The Wicked Bible'? Apparently, an English printer in 1631 left out the word 'not.' The verse in question thus read 'Thou shalt commit adultery.'

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *snickers* The scholars that translate the scriptures made a mistake in the bible so that it said Moses had horns and for a really long time lots of paintings and sculptures or Moses had horns. Eventually they figured out that the bible didn's say "horned" it said "shining" or something. Supposedley the two words are similar in Hebrew or whatever language the bible is written in.

*Agent~M*
                  "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                  "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• Bet you learned that in religion class. We did...it was boring. Why? Why? Uh...yeah, wt. I wrote it. Huh. It rhymes. Sometimes I just feel like writing...and...you can spell it out from there. I totally agree, ppc. About KS. And about TWB. It sounds like a riot. Have you guys seen Rabbit-Proof Fence? See it. Now. NOW.

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Yes, Master...

I haven't seen it. I take it it's good?
                      I need to see Secondhand Lions...I need to see Return of the King...I need to see the Return of the King TRAILER, for God's sake, my internet connection is so slow that the only way I can watch it is on a blurry, virtually stamp-sized screen...augh...help.

Please forgive for the run-on sentence...

Anyway...

I'm going to Vermont, Vermont, Vermont! Next week, next week, next week, next week!! Yay! It's a school trip: we're going to this camp place. I'm really excited!

EDIT: Wow!!! Seventy pages! And it would be even longer if stuff hadn't got deleted...WOW!! *confetti rains down* Another party? *cookies and chocolate appear*

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
                      'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
                      -The Fellowship of the Ring
                      *Ella*
                      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                      What could mean more than this?"
                      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• *nodnodnod* Rabbit Proof Fence is really, really good. it's particularly interesting, and tragic, because it's about a period of Australia's history that is often forgotten, quite deliberately. People do not think fo Australia as a country with racism problems- but Aborigine people did not get the vote in Queesnland, for example, till 1965. (Interesting appendix found here) Meh. Anyway, Rabbit Proof Fence is about the "stolen generation" of Aborigine children who were literally stolen from their families and taken to orphanages where they were trained to behave in a "civilised" (white) fashion to fit them to be servatns to the white community. And this was not a small-scale thing.
                        T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                        --Agent M
                        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• It was so sad how every month or so the Aboriganies were checked to see if their skin were whiter. White enough to join society. I haven't seen SHL...it got bad reviews. Also, the soundtrack to RPF was by Peter Gabriel, who is ONE COOL DUDE. Well, not DUDE, in any case, but he's awesome.

brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Agent M: heh...I smile, I laugh, I am amused.
                            bc: No, I got it from amusingtrivia.com. And I saw Rabbit-proof Fence!!! It was good! But so sad...

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Ella
                              Download the trailer. I downloaded it at my dad's I had to wait 3 hours but now I can see it everytime I want and on full screen. At my mom's it took me like 20 minutes.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                              "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                              "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Is www.amusingtrivia.com any fun? I've never heard of it before! I do know that www.miniclip.com is really fun. There are lots of games there for Brits and United Statesians. You might call yourselves Americans. *bc ruffles her pink hair and Eno leaps off her wrist and lights her cigar* Eno! Boy, did I ever miss cigars with you gone!

brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag

Comment

Working...
                                X