The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can has kitten!

He's seven weeks old, inquisitive, persistent, subby, and he's been kicking my CSI DVDs off the shelf and trying to steal my codeine. I've named him Sherlock :P
    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Trialia: D'AWWWW he's adorable. And such a fitting name! XD

I has desk... It's pretty and fun. And I'm tired from moving furniture. Roll-top desks are heavy, even with the drawers taken out. I go sleep now.

*does not want to make this a one-liner*

Erm...erm...Cake is good. So is liverwurst. And hoagies. And other New Jersey foods/drinks. TakABoost included. That is all.
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I'm back on stage for the second time since middle school. :-) I tried out for a summer production of Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap up at UMaine last week, and was offered the part of Paravicini. No singing this time, but it should be fun anyhow. :-)

First rehearsal tonight -- wish me luck! (However, please don't wish me any broken legs until after the family picnic next weekend, kthxbye :-) )
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Tamora Pierce Signing!!!!!
          Tamora Pierce is gonna be in PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's gonna be in Greensburg next Tuesday, and I'm probably gonna go!!!!!! See, she is also going to be in Pittsburgh next Sun., but I am going to be away at an astronomy camp then...she just randomly added that signing a few days ago (the one in Greensburg, at Barnes and Noble) as you can tell, I am hyper, over tired, and excited beyond belief!!!!!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Just got back from a week in Boston, which was boiling!! I was at a piano camp, which was ok, and I met a seven year old girl that plays at the same level that I do...I don't know why that bothers me so much, but, well, it makes me reevaluate my playing skills!!

Trialia: awwwwwwwwwwwwww adorable kitty!!!! I want a kitty sooooo badly, but my dad's allergic!

ummm.... i think I'm over tired and need to go to bed now...I 'm working at a day camp for the arts, and I'm working with the 9 and 10 year old group...
          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• haha. I'm in Colorado on vacation right now, so no Tamora Pierce signing for me at the moment. I noticed something strange in one of the YW books, and every time something like this happens, i automatically make a mental sticky note that says, "Topic of Great Randomness." in my mind. In my copy of A Wizard Abroad, (digest) on page 234, it says that when two people fluent in the Speech were attracted, they were likely to overhear each other's bodies as well as their minds. Then in another book, (If someone here can help me and give me the book and page, that would be great! i'm clueless. ) It said that Kit overheard what Nita's arm wanted to do, and flinched, because she was going to punch him in the shoulder, but they were talking mind to mind. Does this mean that Nita and Kit are attracted, or do they just know each other well? in confused.
            "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

• 96bookworms, I have envy over you getting to meet Tammy in person. I've talked to her on LJ, but it's not the same.

That said, DD and PM are going to make it to DWcon this year, which is equally fab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                That said, DD and PM are going to make it to DWcon this year, which is equally fab.
                Hopefully...

They were going to be at DWCon 2008 until a few days (or was it hours) before the Con, and then things went pear-shaped.

I'm hoping they will make it this time. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. ...

I hope I'll be there, too.
                -- Rick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy Leopard View Post
                  Hopefully...

They were going to be at DWCon 2008 until a few days (or was it hours) before the Con, and then things went pear-shaped.

I'm hoping they will make it this time. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. ...

I hope I'll be there, too.
                  True, but Diane was saying they had to go on the waitlist for tickets for '10 but did get them at last, and it doesn't seem like anything that might hit them like last con's problems is on the horizon, this time.

*knocks on her own head*

Well, if you are, you may see me wearing my Will Do Magic For Food shirt!

Comment

• Meh. I could've sworn that it's been ages since I got on here, but according to TOGR it's only been a week. Go figure.
                    But it's been a heck of a week. My cat died, and to sum it up, she had been living under the couch. So he next day, bye bye couch, bye bye carpet, and hello hours upon hours of work. Which wasn't bad. We put down new flooring, and painted. Needless to say, I'm tired of paint. haha.

Tri: Your kitten is adorable! I'm in kitten mode since we just got one too that my mom rescued. Its a little ball of orange fur, and we are tentatively calling him Red Button. Wish they could have a play date lol.

kk: How did you like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? I'm a week behind you. I was reading Around the World in 80 Days last week (got it new for $2.50 at Target) and I started 20,000 Leagues two days ago. I', about two thirds done, and am currently searching for Journey to the Center of the Earth. After I read the 13 books I got off of Barnes and Noble's website ($1.99 clearance list. Score!).
                    Last edited by illiriam; July 18, 2010, 08:24:39 PM. Reason: I can't spell when I'm tired

Comment

• Illiriam: Cool! I haven't read Around the World in 80 Days yet, but it's definitely on my list. I'm still only about halfway through 20,000 Leagues, I haven't had time to read (family staying over, visiting Gettysburg) but I love it so far. It's a really well-written story, and the details about the ships are amazing. It's a ton of fun, and mine has a ton of footnotes and stuff showing parts that were edited in translation and other things that are different from the original French version.

On the same day I bought 20,000 Leagues, I also got a copy of Mysterious Island, which also looks quite good.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• The TP happy dance

Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce
                        Tamora Pierce

If you haven't noticed yet, I am slightly excited about meeting Tamora Pierce! This will be my first REAL author signing, for an author that I actually like. I am sooooo excited!
                        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• Wow. I remember when TOGR was new. Everyone had pretty much really long posts about their day or week or whatever. I took a less traditional form of posting and just put out a random line of text that had nothing to do with anything. I haven't been on in so long!!! There is a lot to catch up on. My so called best friend lied to me for the longest time about something big, and it made me not trust her ever again. I have become an anti-twilighter because it grew to be too popular. I got a C in gym, which is my worst grade ever. :'( My tastes in music have changed from basically just oldies to some new stuff, basically everything but rap. My friends still say that I only listen to old music. Apparently Taylor Swift and My Chemical Romance are old...They're newer to me though, so it doesn't count. I joined another forum where I met a lot of good friends, but it made me miss this one, so I came back. Hmmm...I'm sure that's not all but I can't think of anything else at the moment, so here is my moment of total randomness.

Wafflesandmayonaissedroppedoutofatree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwendi View Post
                            Wow. I remember when TOGR was new.
                            Um, no you don't I was here for over a year before you and don't remember when TOGR was new because I wasn't here. New TOGR was 2003 and not really long posts about their days...(yes, I have read all of TOGR, blame wf if she ever comes around).

Anyways, I had some reason to post. Don't remember why anymore. Looking at grad schools, its incredibly frustrating. I don't like college searching at all, its a pain. Now having to do it again despite this whole going to college already thing.

It's fun to get free books by people who are self publishing and get to read them before they put them out and give them feedback. It also gives you free books. I mean, yes the quality varies widely but free books. This is making up a noticeable amount of the books I'm getting for worblehat.
                            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• Heh, I survived the family picnic -- someone else showed up with their ankle in a cast, so I was safe (except for the sunburn, grrr). :-)

Rehearsals for The Mousetrap seem to be going alright -- is anybody sufficiently local to drop by for one of the shows next month? :-)

Agatha Christie's - THE MOUSETRAP | Facebook
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuttle View Post
                                Um, no you don't I was here for over a year before you and don't remember when TOGR was new because I wasn't here. New TOGR was 2003 and not really long posts about their days...(yes, I have read all of TOGR, blame wf if she ever comes around).
                                Oh, sorry. I thought it was new. It must've just been revived a little after I joined. Either way, when I did join it was like that. Anyway, now I remember why I left. >.<

Comment

Working...
                                X