No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Mel, you're right. THey do seemto have more meaning. And are more random. I saw one full of the word Laugh. and another with a bunch of bouncing smilees. Hmmm, i wonder if we need to be more random. *considers this* Nah, we're good!
    I hate AVID. WOrst and most pointless class in the worlds. REally, it is though. All you do is learn pointless stuff and listen to speakers. BORING. And I get to head there in two minutes. WaHooo! Not.
    ANd I like that avatar show too, though not as much as my little sister. Sokka is so funny. And Katara is too. Really good. Haven't seen it in a while though. too much school.
    WHich I should be heading to the classroom. BYE!
    "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• no you want pointless class. when you get to a highschool. do some people realize why we only have to have 2 years of pe (if you do) its because most of our high school are so d^&n big. just walking from class to class is enough exersize. at my school the administraters say we should have more years of pe but they dont walk around all day they use their golf carts and drive aroundd. when you start walking from one side of school to the other than we can talk but until then lay off.

and then to topit off the district is going to change our schedual. oh they say its for the better of the school, but i say ya right. you just want to torment us some more. isnt it bad enough that we have to see you for an 4 to 5 hours aweek now we have to see you six i dont want to see you that much. i mean at my school we have block schedual and a free period for most students which is our seventh period. so most student get out at 1:15 every day (exept of mon where we get out at about 1:45) they want to have the students (all the students) get out at 2:40 just because people arnt going to a seventh period (and its not required). it makes me soo angry because some of the kids who use the damn seventh period for what they need to (help from teachers) cannt get it now and the people who have A's and B's are going to be brought down and the people with the F's are going to be brought up. since we had our schedual the way it is (for about 7 years) out academic and testing grades havee increased dramasticly and they want to throw it all away. so why dont they give the people who need a seventh period a seventh period? because the D&*n district is so cheap that they dont want to spend the mony trying to get the kids a class. they care about the money more than any thing else. i mean the teachers that teach us even say that they should have seventh period so that the schedual will stay the same. oh god they infuriate me so much but thanks for listing to me even if you probobly skiped this it feels good to get it out (me on the bottton district on top)
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Wait... You are in High School?? I thought of you being like, an elmentary or 6th grader. I don't know why. I just did. ;]

Anyways, I took Alison to her therapy thingy today. Then went grocery shopping. I felt mum-ish. Which wasn't good, because I don't want to be a mum... Maybe my parents are secretly wanting a ton of grandkids? Scary thought.

Mel, I had been doing the same thing as you a couple days ago. Just sitting there looking at the old posts, boring, but also just hilariously funny to see how people used to write and what they talked about. ^^' Hope people don't read MY old posts. Wait, that is provoking them. Oj god. Bad people of this generation! Don't read this. Bad, bad stuff.

Oh, again i direct this to Mel, I used to always have that Cruella Devile song stuck in my head. I would just start singing it, it was crazy. You probably put it back into my mind and that is why it popped out at me. Ahh!

Okay, I'm off to eat cookies. Just stopping by to say hi.
        Love and be loved

Comment

• Remind me again why I run? Oh. That's why. The memories of last summer at Nerd Camp, running with E, and then just hanging out until class. I really do miss E...wish he'd called back. I know I can't live in the past...if he wasn't interested, he wasn't interested...but still. Why am I running in 15 degree weather? And then going swimming, and then walking to my car, which is 2 blocks away from school. Just...why. Why why why...

I need excitement. I need...something. Something's missing. Wish I knew what, it might make finding it easier. Do you know how hard it is to search for something when you don't know what you're searching for? Well, it's pretty much impossible. And very tiring.

Yesterday, I was trying to cross the street to get to school, and a snowplow turns the corner...and sprays my entire left side with dirty slush. My pants were all wet, as was my coat and gym bag. My running clothes got wet too. It was like..."Great, just great. I'm alone, I'm tired, I'm late for Chemistry, people are teasing me about not having a date for the dance last Saturday, and now a snowplow just got me all soaking wet."

Last night, Mom had a half an hour semi one-sided conversation with me about how I'm so quiet, and I come off as unfriendly, and she doesn't want me to end high school without having a boyfriend, and stuff like that. She was really kind of big on that in high school-she always had a boyfriend, and a date to everything, and lots of friends, and was president of NHS...I want to say "Mom, I'm not you, but I'm still a good person, just in different ways. I'm a great runner, good at basketball, and was a very good horseback rider, while you just are not an athletic person. I've got a 4.0 and am in the top 2% of my class; you had that too. I've got friends, who I'm about 99% positive will be friends with me in 5 years. I have an idea about what I want to do with my life. So why are you so worried about the fact that I don't have a boyfriend?" Sorry, just had to get that out of my system somewhere...

I can't wait until it warms up. Do you know how hard it is to run in the winter? Running shoes are made of mesh (unless you get special ones that are like...Goretex or something waterproof. Which no high schoolers get.) which means that when you step in a puddle accidentally, your entire foot gets soaked. And freezing cold. I have an unfortunate talent for stepping in any puddle I see (or don't see.) So my feet end up very wet after practice. But why do I really care about that? My feet end up wet a lot of times...like when I've just sprayed my carpet with Febreeze, and walk on it with socks on, and it gets my socks soaking wet, but makes them smell good. So really, there's no point in complaining.

And, I mean, I'm going shopping for new running shoes on Saturday-I've got a gift card from Christmas for my local running store, and I can't wait to go spend it! I love buying running shoes...they're perhaps the only item of clothing that I like to buy. Because, really, it doesn't matter what color or brand or anything about the pair you get...just so long as they fit you correctly. One of the girls on varsity just got new shoes...they're this weird color of light purple, and are actually kind of ugly. But she swears they're the most comfortable shoes she's ever run in...so we don't judge people based on their running shoes. My current pair of running shoes is a pair of blue Adidas. I don't think I like Adidas that much for running...they are very tight for some reason, and just got tighter as cross country went on last fall. So maybe I'll try a pair of Asics, or Mizunos. Mizunos are comfy running shoes.

I'm sorry...I just need to ramble right now. It's healthy to ramble about things that no one but you cares about every once in awhile. There's a bottle of Tums on the shelf above my desk. I kind of wonder how they got there...I've never had to use Tums; I don't get stomach aches that often.

Last Saturday, I was at Border's, and saw a boxed set of the first four YW books...it made me happy, since they were displayed extremely prominently, and were the first thing I saw when I walked into the section. It just made me happy...Ok, so going to sleep now...I just realized I was talking about Tums. Why, I don't know. Tums. So. Yeah.

Naw, not going to sleep yet. Too...dead to get up and go to sleep. Naw. I'll just go to sleep. 'Night all.

Comment

• seabiscuit1009: i feel sorry foryou i hope everything turns out ok. it is good to ramble wether it be at a friend or at a stranger.

and to you tori: that is the first time i have been callled a sixthgrader. i have always been called like a 12 grader.
            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Ah. I had like fifty thousand lines of text and then I hit something and all of it went away. How sucky? Seriously. I'll just brief you guys, now.

Wizy123: 12th grade? I had no idea. Sorry if I offended you.

Hungry el Calienti-y: Why do we even wake? More even, why do we live? Serious questions, just like yours; Why do I run in 15degree weather?

I hate shoes. I have blisters and cuts on my feet from my new pair that are I love to death, even if they don't love me.

I want to go to a bookstore badly. Oh speaking of books, my mum was in Panama City yesterday for a root canal, and is there again today, but in the hostpital where the dentist was, there was a bookstore. She got me:
              1: Dracula - Bram something, can't remember right now, it's a classic though.
              2: DragonRider- Funke (I didn't ask for it.. Was it good, anyone?)
              3: Theif Lord- Funke (Was it good, I ask again?)

I would have choosen something else, but whatever. I'm grateful. I needed something new to read. I was out. Oh well.

And now ced is messing up. It says one person who isn't there, is there, and the person who really is there, isn't showing up on the list... I hate that thing, but I love it too. Ugh, like guys. But I'm not going there.

(Add in: Mum bought another book for me yesterday. Looks really good.--

Tower of Ravens - Kate Forsyth

I can't wait to read it, I started Dracula already...)
              Love and be loved

Comment

• tori: fiirst i said i was called a 12 grader but i am a 10th grader.
                seconed the thife lord is accually a good book i wont say what it is about but it is a lot better than it sounds. now dragon rider sounds familar and i dont know why??? i think i read it but im not sure. and racula i wonder which one is it the one that says dracula on the cover with the man standing on a tree with the full moon on the cover or is it a series (which i just started) called the jornul of the fammily dracul? ether way their both really good and i enjoyed them

Comment

• Hi,
                  I haven't been on in ages. Peolpe are constantly hogging the computer. But really, I don't go on for very long.
                  I've been bored. All I do, computer wise, is watch Tori do stuff on it like YouTube and stuff like that.
                  I cleaned my room today. It wasn't fun. My floor was so piled up you couldn't see the floor. It was really cushy on your feet though when I step on it.
                  Anyways, I have to go and hand the computer over to Tori. As usual, so she can do whatever she does while I do the dishes. I hate doing the dishes.
                  Bye Bye. Ali
                  Vampires are love.

Comment

• Wizy123: Okay. So you are a tenth grader? You know you sound like a 6th grader, no offense. But I seriously needed to say that. I'm sorry if you take it badly. Not my problem. :]
                    Oh, and another question for you. I've been trying to figure it out, along with a couple other people, are you a guy or a girl? You don't have to say if you don't want too, but I was just wondering.

Anyways, Alison is bugging me to let her go on, although she knows I'm allowed on right now and all she would do if she went on was go and play on addictinggames.com, which is pointless, and not that great of a way to spend money for something we are paying for. Not that my use of it is much better, but I'm being productive. . . Sort of.

My toes are going numb. :] I'm totally smiling about it, as well. Erm, well, actually I'm not. I'm more just typing and staring at the screen as I type what I'm saying mentally in my head. >.> How cool is that? Typing what I'm thinking in my head. . . Oh, right, I forgot, it isn't. :[

So, I cleaned the galley/kitchen in like, 5 minutes. It went from being a mess, to being clean. Yay. My mum was happy. She said I should do that every night. I called her a mama, which is Spanish for boob. XD

Gryph, if you read this, since I'm too lazy to talk to you anywhere else --

How did your SATs go? Do you think you totally failed? I would think I did. . .
                    Love and be loved

Comment

• Hi,
                      It's Al. I like that name, Al.
                      Anyways we are going through the canal today. I have no idea what it is going to be like. It sounds interesting.

I had to clean up the boat today. Not all of it but parts. Like washing down the boat and stuff like that.

Last night we drew flies on photoshop. Before she was yelling at me about toast. Now she is being nice to me. She is very strange.

She just made even more toast. It makes me want tea. I now am making some. What type of tea do you think I should have? I think I'll go for Green Tea. That's always good.

And now my water for my tea is boiling. Bye!!
                      Al
                      Vampires are love.

Comment

• I'm supposed to be working on my HW right now but I really need a break. Anyways, Dracula is by Bram Stoker and yes it IS a classic. Never read it myself but I heard it's pretty good. Thief Lorad and Dragon Rider are both by Cornelia Funke, VERY GOOD books, I liked them. Also Thief Lord was made into a movie, to be honest I didn't have the patience to watch the entire thing, but it looked good.
                        I just started reading two new authors :Jim Butcher and Robert Asprin, very good. Jim Butcher is mystery/ fantasy (the series is (Myth Adventures). I'm so hooked on them.
                        Anyway, I guess I should stop procrastinating and get back to work. Oh well, Bye! *Waves*
                        Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant "idiot".
                        Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic
                        Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
                        Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Comment

• why is it that you want to know what gender i am. i may me a guy or i may be a girl. but think of it for a while.... think...... look deepinto my writing (typing) now i will tell you after a second of nonsence. 'the sky is blue so their' i am a guy. not the fact that you said i may have taken it bad. naa i didnt. half of me is happy because i keep getting called old because of how i look. its soo frusterating *headache* now im typing away at school from a cough that doesnt seem to want to go away and a sore throwt (yes i know i spelled that wrong but you ge the gist, and i really dont care. i probobly could spell it right later but i cannt concentrate) . you know what you should do to your sister (depending on her age)?i do this to my brother all the time, make her say somthing that she cannt say that somtimes gets them to concentrate on somthing else for a while. well thats my advise for the day if you dont like it oh well just be happy or somthing...

Comment

• There's no need to take offense at someone wondering what gender you are. Most of us want to make sure that we don't accidentally offend someone by calling them a guy when they're really a girl, or vice-versa.

As for 'taking a look at your typing,' It's hard to tell what gender you are, or even your age for that matter (in my case at least). When people just type in a block of text, with no capital letters and crappy spelling, as well as slightly unorthodox grammar, you can't really tell what gender they are, and it makes you look like a grade schooler.

Comment

• i didnt take it to offence. why would i????? theres no point to take any offense. soooooooooooooooooo. (i like putting alot of o's into things. ^_^) well people im bored and i have to yell at this guy for somthing so i bid you all a due. until next time

Comment

• I haven't posted here in a longish time. Has anyone noticed? Probably not. I'm not important enough. I'm gonna talk anyway. So the time that I haven't been in chat (few people noticed, I'm sure) because my parents weren't exactly pleased with my progress report... I don't know why I was just saying how nobody noticed I was gone. I don't mean to be... self-pitiful? If that's a word...? Well I say it is. Even if it isn't. It is. Cause I say so.

We only have ... 5 more lessons left in algebra. After that we're gonna start doing 8th grade stuff to get ready for geometry. I swear, this year has just SPED by. It serously seems like only yesterday I was sulking in my room because the first day of school was tomorrow. Now? There's a quarter left. Which should seem like ... I dunno, not a short time? But it does. I have a feeling that on the last day of school I'll be saying, "It seems like only yesterday I was saying how the first day of school seems like it was only yesterday."

Oh! My first softball practice was on Saturday. And I felt totally out of place, cause I was in capri-length gym pants when everyone else was wearing sofees. I don't have any cause they're all packed up.

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but our house is being renovated. We're adding a lot to the back of the house, and guess where my room is. On the back of the house. My room will be really big, with hardwood floors, so if I had roller skates, I would definitely wear them in the house, rolling around in my huge room. I also get my own bathroom. Finally! I'm not sure if I'm more exicted for the bigger room, the extra shelf space (for books, of course), or my own bathroom. I actually think it's the shelves. You don't know how badly I need space for more bookcases/shelves. I have nowhere to put my books, so I end up stacking them. Before I had to pack up my room, I had a... 2 ft stack by my door, two stacks on my dresser that are both 1 ft, a stack on my desk that's 1 ft, another stack next to my desk that's about a foot and a half, a stack next to my bedside table that's around 2 ft, and... (drumroll please) a stack by the door to my bathroom that was taller than me. I think it was like 5 ft 3 inches, when I measured it. So that adds up to... 13 ft 9 inches, unless I miscounted. I don't think I did. And not to mention the books I've bought since then. While our house is being renovated, we're living in my grandmother's house. We actually just sold it to someone who's going to fix it up and re-sell it. I think my mom will have mixed feelings about leaving. She grew up in this house, but there are so many memories, it makes her sad to live here. All the books I've bought since living here can fill up the bookcase in the bedroom I'm living in. We're leaving around April, hopefully. Of course, we were supposed to move out of our house in October, but it took till after my birthday, which is in the beginning of January. It was because of the rain. The dirt in our backyard turned into a mud pit, which turned into a sink hole. Yech.

Um... back to softball. I was glad to find that I wasn't completely rusty. I managed to catch every ball that went near me, and if it had been a game, I only would've gotten about 32 strikes.

Well, right now the little brother needs the computer to do research for a project that's due tomorrow. Grr.
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                                Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

Working...
                                X