No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE HDM? YAY!!! FUNFUNFUNFUN! But the third one didn't answer anything. About Dust, and all that other good stuff. Sorry my complaints aren't more specific, I haven't read it in a long time, but it really didn't satisfy me, and I felt like it shouldn't end there. Of course, I felt that way with the other two, but I knew there was more coming after those. This one just felt like he ended it cause he couldn't think of a better way to.
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• *huggles* I'll miss you, M... It'll probably be school for me when you get back. Have fun!

Dairinie_SL, are you the 'Raven' I know...?

I'll miss you too, Angel_Star. A lot of people are leaving. And I don't see Z anywhere. How long did she say her vacation was gonna be?

VC, no you weren't. Some other people said they cried <span class="ev_code_WHITE">when Will's Father died</span>, but then I asked "<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Will had a father?</span>" I've been getting a lot of hints that I really need to reread it. [spoilers, spoilers, spoilers ^]

Ack, Fox, you're not whiting out spoilers!

Fwd. E-mail:

Directions For Giving Pills to Cats & Dogs!

CATS

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a
      baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and
      gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat
      opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Remove pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm
      and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws
      tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with
      right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Remove pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call
      spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and
      rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly
      with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler
      and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make
      note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered
      figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just
      visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth
      open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink 1 glass
      water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove
      blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in
      cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open
      with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges.
      Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for data of last tetanus jab.
      Apply compress to cheek to disinfect. Throw away T-shirt and fetch new one
      from bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve the cat from tree across the road.
      Apologize to the neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid
      cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie the little beggar's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and
      bind tightly to leg of dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves
      from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Be
      rough about it. Hold head vertically
      and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while
      doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right
      eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and ring local pet
      shop to see if they have any hamsters.

DOGS

1. Wrap it in bacon.

OMG, so funny!
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I think he did explain it all! BUT he did it in such a way that we still don't have an answer! does that make sense? Its like when you ask someone a question and they give you an answer but you then realize that it DID not answer your question and your still left a little puzzeled!
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• God I clicked the edit button like 10 times and nothing happened in ages so sorry guys new post .
          Gryphon you must of pressed post just before I did and all I wantted to say was! I TOTALLY AGREE with the giving the cat a tablet thing!!! ALways had cats and not only was most of that true it was god dam funny as well!!
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• OMG GRYPH! That was soo freaking funny! ROFL!That was funny, funny, funny. I'm dieing right now. Lol lol lol lol lol !
            Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Taking Cassie to the vet, is, well, as close to impossible as it can get without being impossible. The last time we tried, she was under my paren'ts bed. My brother hopped on the bed until the kitty rocketed out. She bolted down the hall, went through the kitchen, made a loop around the chair legs under the table, and hid behind a bookcase. Tronas tried to pull her out. The cat hissed, spit, clawed, and bit. Finally she came out, but she ran right in front of the friends that were over (I think playing Mariokart the N64) and pulled out all of the controller's wires. Cassie clawed Joe (ha!) and rammed into an open capinet (poor kitty ).She ran back into the hallway and starting bashing her

I have to go. I'll continue later.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• ROFL!! Hehe, my dogs like going to the vet....
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• I'm going to die laughing! That's so true. My dog will eat anything if it's got bacon, cheese, peanut butter, or any other food around it. My cat... he didn't. Whenever we had to take him to the vet, we'd risk being sent to the hospital. If he had claws we probably would have been. He despised the vets. He had good reasons though... I'm about to cry. I've got to stop talking about my cat... I miss him.
                  <3
                  the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• ROFL! I like dogs better! What do you mean teh third one answered nothing about Dust!? It answered everything, well, almost everything. Anyways there's a book coming out now called "The Book of Dust" which (spoiler alert)
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    should explain more and SHOULD say that Lyra or Will mastered the way the Angels travel and CAN meet again!
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Don't talk about it yet! I am only on the first book! I don't even know who Will is yet! DDDDOOONNN'TTTT!!!!
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                      **Neets**
                      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Yea, no spoilers please. I haven't even STARTED the first book.

My cats are so little, they haven't even been to the vet yet since we got them, so I have no idea how they'll act.
                        Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• hee, I need to read Amber Spyglass and reread the first two.

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who cried, I cried at the end of the first book too and I cried when <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died </span> [Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix spoiler^]
                          ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• I just went shopping and got some shoes and earrings. The earrings were only three dollars. They're dangly hoopy thingys. I like dangly earrings. *grin* I'm listening to Love You Out Loud by Rascal Flatts right now.

I cried when <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died</span> too! I always cry when good people die in books. *sniff*

I'm hungry. I haven't eaten lunch and it's 2:50! *dies* I had hot chocolate and toast for breakfast. It's hot outside so I guess it's kind of weird to drink hot chocolate in summer... Oh well chocolate is yummy!

Uh oh, I think I messed something up... I think I fixed it... I mess things up a lot.
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I didn't cry when <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died</span>, I almost broke the pages off, though. I WAS MAD
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I read through the part where <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died</span> kinda fast. A bit later when <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Harry was so upset about it all, I was like, "wait... Sirius died? When did that happen?"</span> Then it was a mixture of shock, disbeleif, and sorrow. But yeah, I felt that that shouldn't have happened. It was too sudden, though you knew it would happen.

Grace finally put a name to why Joe is such a pain. I've been trying to explain, though I feel like what I'm saying isn't having the impact, y'know, like the "you'd have to be there" kind of thing. So here it is. Here's the answer to how I feel the way I do, and how the rest of us feel. All we see of Joe is him singing, showing off, or working out. There's nothing else to him. Nothing. And we knew something different. "He used to be cool and fun to play with, but now... he's just an idiot." Joe is like a hollow shell; there's nothing to him at all. And he rubs that in every day we see him. Our group, our neighborhood, has narrowed down to 'the trio,' just us three. Grace, lil bro, and me.

Comment

Working...
                                X