The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birdhead:
    Alla: Really? I'm from Wellington, where I bet the band went... what's the band's name?

Hmm, we don't have schoolies, except informally. Informally I expect everyone in the form will be incredibly trashed for at _least_ a week after finals...

I'm in your position too... about to leave school, kinda.. soso about it. I have two weeks' holidays coming up, then midyears, then four weeks of term and then finals... school is evaporating as I watch.
    The band was the St. Paul's School Wind Ensemble and Big Band (mouthful, i know... we're a concert band with like brass and woodwind instruments - i.e. flutes, trumpets etc.) wellington's on the south island, right? cause we went to the north island and played at : rotarua (sorry if i spell somthing wrong), hamilton (thats where we were based - we spent most of our free time wandering around in the shops and putting on the most outrageous aussie accents we could muster or two guys decided to be different and do irish accents), auckland (that was interesting - it was really really windy there and we all nearly lost our music...) there was one other place, but i cant remember it. We were all shocked at the greeness of the grass and we made a point to try to stay off it. In september over here its kinda all browny (not dead, just brown) and it doesn't start going green til about november. It was soo much fun. Oh yeah, we also spent one day at the snow on Ruapehu (i really dont know about that spelling). Hehe skiing on an active volcano! yay! NZ's lovely.

Gryph: what's wrong with chess club? Chess is fun, not that i'm any good at it.

Alla

Comment

• Originally posted by alla:
      Alla
      Personally, I much prefer backgammom.... pasrtly because I'm better at it, and partly because the random element means you have chance of beating someone better than you. That very rarely happens in chess.
      The main problem with backgammon is finding peope who like it or books about it - though the interentis a big help.
      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• I have nvr played that before, vampire. Maybe only vampires play it. I play chess and checkers alot with my brother. But, we usally play Halo or LOTR on Xbox. Those are some awesome games!

OH, HE ADMITS!! Sharklord is now the number one powerplayer on VGDawn. (*cough*Iamsecond*cough*)

My history teacher is great to. It might be that I just like to learn history but, she is a pretty good teacher.

I saw on the news that Jane is going to hit Puerto Rico. Its just a Tropical Storm though, isn't it?

Ivan is smashing into our beach house right now. Technicly it is not ours but my grandparents rent it every year for us to stay in it. And, its being torn up. On top of that, my aunt and cousins are beng stupid and staying in New Orleans. Or, a couple of miles out side of New orleans. Either way, they are under sea level.

Well, all, I had better run.. The bell is going to ring in 10 minutes and i want to go downstairs and annoy my brother and his friends. I love being in the same school as them!
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• No! We're on the North Island! The BOTTOM of the north island. TSK tsk tsk, girl- I know where Canberra is, thanks very much. Wellington's the capital, you know...

Mmm.... possibly not... I was just thinking a school from Aussie came to my school last year and while it couldn't have been your school (it was boys-only) you might have been connected or something. But I doubt it.

And Wellington's WAY windier than Auckland. We're famous for it. it's Rotorua, but you got Ruapehu right.
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Ella:
            My history teacher is sooo awesome. You can tell he really likes what he's teaching, and he has such enthusiasm that it's infectious. He just says funny things in class...he's great, and I'm so excited about this year.
            Sounds exactly like my last year history teacher. He was awesome.

Sharky:
            Does this mean that I'm the new top powerpl--uhh nothing. *looks shiftily from eye to eye*
            Muahahaha!

Woah, it nearly was a year, wasn't it... Cuz I joined WA about the same time I joined YW.net. I didn't start posting here until a bit later.

And to count off the powerplayers, we have anyone with a massive wizarding family, anyone with ultimately powerful mages in general, anyone ultimately strong with ultimately perfect aim, and anyone ultimately powerful in general. Diego is the undisputed top powerplayer, which is why he has Kalidan . And our Sharky over here is competing for first, it looks like.

Alla:
            Way way wayyyy too many people, and I knew none of them, and expected to know none for the rest of the time. All where boys who I didn't want to stick around at all. And the teachers who held the club were creepy... Eep.

nitafan:
            OH, HE ADMITS!! Sharklord is now the number one powerplayer on VGDawn. (*cough*Iamsecond*cough*)
            Diego isn't dead, y'know.

l;l,m

The computer was making this really weird beeping noise, the 'don't do that!' noise, when Cassie stepped on the keys. Silly kitty.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• sadness. no one else is logged on with me- i'm all by my lonesome.
              i am trying to put off doing my homework. i have pepband tonight. no me gusta pepband. but i get to see some of my friends play volleyball so i guess it's ok.
              chess is fun. i haven't played it in a while.
              it's my b-day on sunday! i don't know what i'm getting though because i didn't tell anyone what i wanted cause i couldn't think of anything i wanted.
              yay! i'm not by my lonesome anymore!
              NO! now i am again! *tear* she logged on said hi and was gone.
              football game tomorrow. hope we win. then party at friend's, but don't know where he lives. that could be a problem.
              today feels like friday, but it's not. obviously
              yeah. doodle, doodle. i like my recorder
              ok,i'm done ranting about nothing. bye!
              Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
              "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

• Awww, I am on now!! And see, more people?! Yayness!

Okay, I am asked to deliever a message. Diego wnats me to tell yall that he said hi and I am adding this, he is alive.

My life is now a living soap opera..
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• *cries*
                  mi vida es tirminada.
                  *more crying*
                  yo estoy muy triste! Mi VIDA!
                  I WILL KILL VO.

Next time someone sees PopTartKitten I have a message for him. (As for diego. don't correct my spanish right now I'm not in the mood.)

Someone on gaia got on my account and took all of my items and my money. I'm sad. But actually half of me doesn't really care...I'm sad.
                  I need to be drenched in cold water...it makes me feel better.
                  I hate VO and I hate gaia.
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Hugs, Z!

BTW, it's not Jane, it's Jeanne, and she's a hurricane, now.

talkingbeast: yes, I've read Stealing the Elf-King's Roses! Maybe we should start up a "DD's other books" thread in Chatter or Miscellaneous Issues or something.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Oy vey, hurricane season...

Happy Birthday Telalal..da...la...lin. Or whatever your name is.

*huggles Z*

Lalalala...nothing's going on....school is good and I'm really liking field hockey.

Bored.............
                      *Ella*
                      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                      What could mean more than this?"
                      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Ahhh. *iz over it*
                        I guess gaia wasn't that great anyways. Now I need a new rp to be obsessed with though. (Other than VGDAWN Gryph.) If anyone haas any suggestions please tell me.
                        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Nearly happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday dear Te-el, happy Birthday to you.

Oh, and it was Angel_Star's Birthday a short while ago, too. heh, had to sing early for Tel, cuz I know I'd forget. :/

Tel... do you have the book Crusader? Get it, get it, get it!!! Crusader by Edward Bloor. And no, it is not about some long dead warriors fighting over religion.

PTK is a girl, right?

*pats Z on the back* It's okay, it's okay.

Not VGDawn? I'm going to get pouty now.

Well, there's Art's rpg, if you haven't looked into that. I haven't visited it in a while, so I have no idea what's going on.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ella said: Chani, I hope you're doing well, that your workload isn't too heavy, and that you're enjoying everything (well, most everything, it's hard to enjoy everything). *huggles*
                            Yeah.. I am doing okay. Taking every day at a time.

Dieog said: Hurricane Jane. Heading my way. We will not survive the night. As my last post, I can just say that
                            *huggles* major... you take care of yourself. I know I said that earlier today, but you take care.

Gryphon said: *huggles Chani* You need it. Sometimes I enjoy working on homework so much, but I'd like a little time to myself.
                            Thanks.. I need that. *huggles* back!

And yep... Diego wanted us to say hey to everyone and because his power is out he can't get on the forums and type to anyone. He is doing the Jeanne Hurricane thing. Hopefully he will be okay and everything. They have had 3 hurricanes in as many weeks... very sad. I feel for them.

Well, I have reached the bottom of the Topic of Great Randomness. I think that I will go now and watch a movie. Ahh well... hope all is well with everyone. *huggles* all around!
                            -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                            The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                            I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• "... Diego wanted us to say hey to everyone and because his power is out he can't get on the forums and type to anyone."
                              Wait.... so how come you and nitafan have contact with him when his power is out? I feel like I'm missing something...
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• Marniebrown (for old times' sake? ): I was wondering the same thing...

Going to a wedding tomorrow.

There is nothing to talk about...I never thought I'd say this, but, post, people, post!! I miss you guys when everyone's busy!

So far down, away from the sun again...oh no....yeah-eah...I'm gone....
                                That song's on the radio now....
                                *Ella*
                                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                                What could mean more than this?"
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X