No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course we need help. That's why we're here. This is sort of like a correctional facility. It helps us to let off our excess insanity, so that the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with it. And I agree, Angels and Demons was just a tad cheesy. But they were good. And you all should read Kushiel's Dart. It's really really good, even though I'm not even half way through. It is a bit graphic, so not for the faint of heart. I need chocolate.
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Kushiel's Dart? Kewl. Thanxs! For those who haven't, they HAVE, really HAVE to read the His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. They consist of three books.

The Golden Compass
      The Subtle Knife
      and
      The Amber Spyglass

The three just rocks, but the last one is the best one! LYRA AND WILL 4EVER!
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Gah, the last one was the worst! I hated it! EVILNESS! The first was the best.

Comment

• Is Philip Pullman really that good? Everyone says that.... *sigh* Guess I should look into it again.
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• I am reading it now, the first.....
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Chani, absolutely everyone here has read it (or is reading it)! Pretty close, at least. I loved it. Everyone else loved it. They're great! I'm trying to reread HDM, but other new books keep on getting in its way. Like Eats, Shoots & Leaves by a spazzy author who is very enthusiastic about defendy and enforcing good grammer. Hehe.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• HDM rocks!!! *gasp* Amber Spyglass ROCKED!!! Chani, you have to read HDM, awesome books.
                *bounces up and down* I'm going on my RV trip tonight!!! *bounces more* Exited exited exited.... But I won't see you guys for 2 weeks
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

• Have fun, M! Gonna miss you! *huggles*
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• You're leaving, Agent M? I'll never get to know you properly now...
                    Dai, cousins!

-Raven

Comment

• lol, if you stay here ya will! And I come on here A LOT...
                      I'm gonna miss y'all!!! *huggles everyone*
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

• I haven't read HDM yet. *sigh dramatically* More books on my list. I'm leaving Friday for Arkansas. I don't know how long I'll be gone. I forgot...

I'm pretty insane. Just ask Danzrgrl. Or anyone else who really knows me. Danzrgrl's insane too. Don't tell her I said that, she knows where I live! She practically lives here too. She's been over to my house a zillion times this summer. She even calls my mom her mom #2.

I babysat today for my neighbors. They're so sweet. There's a two(or three, can't remember) year old girl and a four year old boy. They're little monkeys though.
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Miss ya M, dahling! And the Amber Spyglass was SO the worst. I didn't like it, it messed everything up, and didn't answer anything. Evilness. FREECELL! I'm a freecell addict, so everyone go play!

Comment

• Originally posted by db_pr:
                            Kushiel's Dart? Kewl. Thanxs! For those who haven't, they HAVE, really _HAVE_ to read the _His Dark Materials_ Trilogy by Philip Pullman. They consist of three books.

_The Golden Compass_
                            _The Subtle Knife_
                            and
                            _The Amber Spyglass_

The three just rocks, but the last one is the best one! LYRA AND WILL 4EVER!
                            I LOVE the His Dark Materials trilogy, except, I haven't finished the third one yet, I was in the middle of it when I discovered the YW series, so I put it off for a little while, so now I'm just waiting for it to be turned back into the library.
                            I have to wonder, was I the only one who cried in the end of the second book when <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Will's father was killed?</span>

^spoiler BEWARE!!!
                            ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• His Dark Materials series was GREAT and I'm with M on this on the 3rd one was the best!! Without a doubt BUT YOU HAVE ALL FORGOTTEN SOMETHING!!!!!!!

The series is being extended/added onto!! The next book is Lyra's Oxford which I've been told is going to be the book that links the origanal series to the new one! Apparuntly he got so many demands to contiune the series and people wantted to see Will and Lyra reunited (not that thats what going to happen!) that he has been pressured into writting more books can't wait!
                              Fox

Oh Finish Da Vinic's code last night!! It was an all nighter!! And I won't spoil it for others but I sort of gessed who the badie was but then I thought it must not be that person but then when they where discribing there movements at the end it could only be one person!! great book!! And what an ending, hahahaha I had to laugh!!
                              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• BYE M!!! I haven't read the HDM trilogy,, but I want to. I [i]need[/] to get to a library or book store soon, cause I'm on the verge of exploding from book/reading withdrawal. I'm gunna die. I miss being compleatly absorbed in a book so that I can't put it down. That happens alot when I have school. It's a miricle I can keep up with my homework, and school projects between reading, computer time, and all of the other non-school related stuff I'd rather do than homework, but I do it anyway somehow. I have sooo much free time, and I don't even notice. I'm hungry. I need food before I die. *dies*
                                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X