No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW, SNOW, SNOW... its everywhere and its frustrating. I don't like to drive in it. Now if i did't have to go anywhere that would be a different story. But sad to say I must. (sigh)

Wolf_wiz: I agree and thats all i will say.
    I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Lucky! Is there actually snow where you are? It only snowed once or twice this winter where I am.

Wolfy and Neets wanna be: I don't have any opinion on politics, I really don't care. I'm sick of all the phone calls that we keep getting, and all of the commercials on TV.
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Our weather is so crazy thuerdays it was in the 70's, yesterday was below 30 (i think), and today when i woke up snow everywhere, we had about 4 inches before it stopped and when it did stop it got sunny, and about 44 degrees. All the snow is gone now... haha

i have opinions just nothing to do with politics, haha... im not fallowing it at all. I'm bad i know.
        I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Wow, sounds fun! Our weather did that in 2006. It was cold in the summer, and in the 90's in the winter. I went sledding in shorts and a t-shirt then, on what little snow there was!

Where I used to live (somewhere in Michigan), it never got very warm. The winters were cold, and the summers were never that hot.

*reads past posts on this topic*

People were talking about Wicked! Yay!

I loved the musical, it was pretty cool. I can play two of the songs from it (Defying Gravity and For Good) on the piano.

I didn't like the book as much, two of my friends and I dared each other to read it, a year or so ago. The first friend said she was disappointed, and wanted to burn her copy. The second friend was disgusted. We were in seventh grade when we read it.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Geez, you all are lucky to have sosome
            "Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who stood their ground."
            -anonymous

Comment

• kk: that sounds fun sledding in shorts and a t-shirt.

JAM: you may like it at first, however living your whole life with negative degree weather isn't all that great. It's troublesome and frustrating at times. But don't take my word for it. I dont know how cold it gets in NC, but in PA its numbing.

Right now acually it is snowing and very very windy . ha
              I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• WOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! FOO FIGHTERS CONCERT LATER THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIAIAIAIAIA

I'm so excited! XD Foo Fighters aren't my favorite of favorites, but I love them, and I get to see them with a friend, and it's a concert, and it's a concert, and yayyyyy. XDD

Okay, now that that's out, I'm going to see some dances with some friends, and Queen B choreographed one of them. Not really my thing, but I love hanging out with people and not having to make my lunch. <3 My priorities in life :P

hahaha I can hear my mom shouting (jokingly) because dad got lucky charms cereal. I love my dad. I love cereal with too much sugar. And mmm processed foods is good for the future diverticulitis. XD (eww, gross)

Haha, anyway. Yay, concert!

Rubywolf, congrats about the art contest!

Oh yeah, and I'm going to college! I'm not supposed to find out any official things for a month or a few from now (I don't even know when xD), but one sent me a letter that essentially said, "we're not done going through applications yet, but you're definitely accepted, and you get a minimum of this much scholarship, and it will be awesome." I'm really eager to hear what my top favorites have to say, but I'm bound to be bummed out by both of them because they're really good, and I'm not a flawless student. But college! I'm excited again.

Emi, no kidding. I need NHS hours too. I might have 20 accumulated from Habitat and volunteering at the bunny shelter, but I need 50... heh. I'm gonna push to see if organizing and painting a wall at my school will count as service hours, but I'm also going to have to call up a few more people. Some of my friends have opportunities through their church or synagogue, but that's not open to me unfortunately. Silly anti-organized religion parents who raised a liberal, atheist daughter.

wolf_wizard: I agree.

JAM! I used to live in FL, and I remember that. XD We used to go outside in the winter, shivering in jackets because 60 degrees was too cold for us. XD Silly, silly people. I think there were snow flakes the year that I moved (I think 2001).

I hate the cold. Guh.

*mass hugs!*

I read Ironside by Holly Black. Muy bien! Begin with Tithe if you read. Valiant by the same author is great, and if you want something similar, The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint is amazing. <3
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• So, other than the whole "my school won $30,000 for prom" thing, this has been a pretty bad week. First, there is the whole mess with merit scholarships at my favorite school. Then, there was problems with my basketball team. Now...argh. How do I explain this one simply...well, I'm missing one of my front teeth, because the adult tooth never grew in when the baby tooth fell out. So, my orthodontist always told us (for about the past 10 years...) that when I was all done growing and done with braces, I should get an implanted fake tooth there, to make life easier. Yesterday, Mom and I went to a peridontist (basically a person who does surgery involving teeth and sometimes gums) who told us that although when you look at my mouth, there seems to be room to put an implant, when you look at x-rays of my gum, the roots of the two teeth on either side of the space grow together into a triangle shape. This mean that there is no way I can get an implant put in there...unless I get braces. For the third time. And what really stinks is, my stupid orthodontist was supposed to fix this years ago. I'm leaving for college in 6 months; I don't want to have braces again! And I was really good about my braces; I brushed and everything. It's just all ridiculous, and really unfair; the orthodontist better not make us pay for this, since it's his fault.

But, yesterday I got to see my new baby cousin! She is so cute...I love babies. I can't imagine having one of my own, but I just like them. I don't even mind waking up in the middle of the night to take care of them (one time I babysat one from 7 PM to 4 AM, since the parents got stuck while coming home in a snowstorm.)

Oh, and somehow, I've managed to get a friend from grade school to go to my winter dance with me. Alright, I lie; it totally wasn't my idea, it was my dad's. He teaches at the school my friend goes to, and asked him if he'd be ok with me asking him. I don't mind that much though, since he's a fun guy to be around, and I don't have to worry about impressing him or anything since he's just a friend.

It's crazy windy outside right now too. It's kind of driving me crazy, so I put on my iPod, and can't hear it anymore. I want a lot of snow...not this crazy wind! I'm not looking forward to school this week, since last week just went on forever and wouldn't end.

I've never lived anywhere where it's "warm" in the winter. In fact, I've lived in the same house my entire life. I kind of like having warm and cold seasons...but then again, I also complain a lot when it snows, and when it's unbearably hot in the summer.

Has anyone else ever had those candy cane flavored Hershey's Kisses? Yes, I know it's February and those are like...special edition ones for Christmas. But I just found a bag in the cupboard, and they're really good! All minty and stuff...XD

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf_wizard:
                    I whited this out so that people don't get angry or anything because of my political views... <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Actually, if i could vote (not that I can) I think i'd vote for Hilary or Obama... I don't really like the idea of people not having access to abotion, because I think it's their decision... *ducks head from people throwing rotten vegetables at* but I'm no where near old enough to vote yet...</span> just wanted to state my opinion, as everyone else is...
                    Well, if either of them win... it'll be history. First U.S. African-American president in Obama's case, or first female president in Hillary's case.

Just a couple random observations on my part; I'm not going to risk the violation of the ToS and get in depth with that.
                    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Can anything compare to the wonderful New England weather I get?? I mean we had a big big big flurry of snow earlier today and not even an hour later it was all gone. I've had so many delays and early releases since we've gotten back from Christmas vacation that we haven't had an actual FULL week of school. Seriously. You know, I've lived in NH for all my life, and I really hate the snow. I hate cold weather.. but that's just me. I'd rather live where it's warm 24/7 265 days a year.

Ummm... About that Foo Fighters concert. My sister is going to that concert too... She's still trying to find someone to go with her. Me? I'm not a HUGE fan but I do like some of the songs.... Have fun!!!

Hungry: I'm so sorry you have to get braces AGAIN! I just got mine taken off and I'd probably be pretty PO'd if that happened to me. Hopefully all will go well...

Something exciting happened... My team's going to the playoffs for the second time in 17 years!!! AND I got to play at the last game, and I was awesome!!! I made a basket and stole the ball three times.. made a couple assists. Aw man that was a wicked fun game. My family was all there, so they got to see me play. The whole crowd went wild when I made my basket because it was my first basket this season. Haha, I got to actually play alot.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully this week will go by fast. Pray Pray Pray for two hour delay.

Dai all.
                      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Emi: Wow congrats making the playoffs. Hope all goes well for you there. And totally know what you mean about the weather. Can not wait until summer.

Ok so i'm up supper early because i just can't sleep. I know i should try because i will be really tired later, but i just can't lay around i tried for an hour and i didn't go back to sleep. Maybe this is a sign that something awesome is going to happen today? One can only hope.
                        ... ok back from my long day already, and yes something did happen but it was not awesome. (sigh)
                        I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Thanks Neets!

AHHHH I'm getting sick again!! This is never-ending! Yeah and the funniest thing is that I'm supposed to sing this week for voice. I really think that me getting sick is all psychosmatic because seriously, I'm getting sick again before I have to sing... Something is making my brain think that I have to be sick. So not cool, because my throat is wicked sore. And I'm coughing so much. The funny thing is that practically my whole bball team is sick. And we have our game tomorrow.... hopefully. If we don't have a snow day... or something like that.

We have a two hour delay tomorrow (scheduled).

Well, that's all I have to say... besides my mom is bothering me at the moment. haha.. if she saw this she'd slap me. *ducks and covers*

Dai Stiho.

EDIT: Oh my goodness!! This is my 200th post! Woot! Haha, okay I'm gone now.
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• hahaha, sweet, Ruby!

Hungry: Sorry, that sort of sucks. But don't worry, I mean, when you get to college, I don't think people will really care a whole lot. People tend to mature a lot more in college -- my eldest brother is a prime example, Besides, I actually know a couple of adults who have braces. If they can do it, you can! And just think of how much better your teeth will be afterwards!

Gryph: Ahahaha! I'm jealous! I love them guys! hehehe you know it's gonna be a good day when you wake up to foo fighters,

Emi: Woo! Congrats on play offs!! That's pretty dang amazing! And yess, basket + crowd going wild = gooood!

Ah. I hope this week will go fast too, but it seems like it's just dragging on just to taunt me.

You see..... it all started when

me, these twins, and this girl A were all sitting in the Latin room collaborating on some latin homework. Well, out of nowhere, me and A start getting into this huuge philosophical discussion, somehow encompassing human nature (yeah, that's right! haha) and such, and then we started talking about relationships and stuff, and how stupid and meaningless things are right now, etc., until I had to leave.

Well, last Monday to be exact, she's talking to my friend E at lunch. Actually, they're looking very conspiratorial, and keep glancing my way. So, I sort of walk over, and they're like, "Haha, she has no idea, does she?" And whispering other stuff to each other. Uh-oh! (haha, Spot!!) yeah, so then A goes, "Um...you'd better sit down..." So I do, cautiously. And she starts.

"Yeah, well, I was just talking to my friend G (a guy) and it's weird 'cause we were talking and he was just saying how much he hated how stupid all his relationships were! And then I was like, Hey! Me and my friend Melanie were just talking about that! And he's all like, "Ooh, do I know her?" And I say you saw her at the winter formal. "Which one was she?" Oh you know, the one with the really really shiny dress (just a brief interjection here -- you couldn't miss my dress. Everyone saw me. It was sort of like a cross between a disco ball and a flapper girl. Yeah.) And he goes, "Oh, she was pretty!"

And here I've got to stop. No one has ever called me pretty before, at least that I couldn't accuse of bias. I like this guy already, haha

But, seriously, I'm not that vain. He really sounded like a sweet guy! She kept telling all these stories about him and stuff (they're like best friends). So, yeah.

So basically we've been texting all last week and this, too, and we're finally gonna meet on Saturday....

And this week is dragging on. Huhn

Haha, oh well, I will survive! HEY HEY! Walk out that door! Just turn around now, cause you're not welcome anymore!

*cough* all right then.

Oh, and I'm sort of (okay, really) excited -- I get to go to Florida!! It's pretty awesome, I've only been there once, when I was like literally a year old, and so now it should be fun. Of course, the train ride isn't (It's a very, _very_ long way) but at least it should be pretty warm down there---I like that! I'm a summer baby, haha

Okay, well, now that's I've been and have updated, I'd better go finish my bio homework, haha

And, ooh, latin test tomorrow....*shudder*

Dai, all!
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Congrats, Gryph!

I'm going to a boarding school this fall. I'm excited. I'm on a politics/literature line, so that'll be interesting. They also have thirteen horses, five pigs, two cows, and a cat. And optional vegetarian food. Hmmm... maybe if a push a bit they'll get me vegan food? That would be nice.
                              I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• So...it's Valentine's Day, but it doesn't feel like it since I wasn't at school today. I went on an overnight to my second choice college...and had a lot of fun. Probably because my host was as big of a reading geek as I am, and therefore she understood when I decided to use big words and spell check a wall post I put up on Facebook while there. Anyway, I had lots of fun, and feel a bit better about the school; I could probably live there for 4 years if my first choice doesn't work out, I've decided.

I'm kind of tired though, and it's not going to get any better; I've still got basketball tonight, and tomorrow I've got poll worker training, since I'm working the polls ($175, 25 extra credit points in AP Government, and a day off of school? Count me in!) Although it may mean that I won't be able to vote in the primaries, depending on where I'm stationed, since my lunch break might not be enough time to drive to my polling place, vote, and get back in time, so that kind of stinks...but we got Barack Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope today from the bookstore, so I'm excited to start reading that. I liked his other book a lot, and found it fascinating. It made his political campaign make a lot more sense to me, since I knew about him as a person, not just as a candidate running for President.

Yep, so my valentine this year was a copy of Pride and Prejudice. I love that book, or rather I did when I read it 2 years ago, and now barely remember what it's about. Should re-read it soon. XD

Well, my brain hurts, and I've got homework to do before basketball, so I guess maybe I'll edit this later...dude. My AP Government homework is coloring in a map. I don't remember the last time I used crayons. The things that pacify a high school senior...

Comment

Working...
                                X