No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes my avatar? It's supposed to be Lyra. I got it off of Google.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
    Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• Lyra? who's that, but yeah the avatar is nice

Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever look will you ever imagine? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.
      Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

• Very... Judy Blume.

You made me throw it all away my morals left to decay how many you betray you've taken everything terrible lie

--Dai Stihó

Bright
        Bishie
        'Mancer
        Foam Poet

[This message was edited by Rysade on 17 September 2003 at 18:03.]

Comment

• *gasp* You haven't read His Dark Materials??!! Well Lyra's one of the characters. the first book is The Golden Compass, then The Subtle Knife, then the Amber Spyglass.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
          Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

• whats the book about? I may have to buy it or get it from the library some time

Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever look will you ever imagine? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.
            Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

• Yes. You definatly have to. The first one is about Lyra who's... eleven I think who lives at Jorden College in another world and she hears Lord Asriel, her "uncle" talking about something called Dust and she wants to learn more. She gets adopted by and evil lady that she thinks she likes at first. Then she runs away. I don't have the greatest definition but if you go on Amazon.com or something they will have a pretty good description. They're GREAT books. Theres gonna be a movie soon too.

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

• Wow, good summary. Short too.
                \

everything's blue everything's blue in this world all fuzzy spilling out of my head
                the deepest shade all spilling he couldn't believe how easy it was the deepest shade of mushroom blue everything's blue in this world

--Dai Stihó

Bright
                Bishie
                'Mancer
                Foam Poet

[This message was edited by Rysade on 17 September 2003 at 18:02.]

Comment

• ok, I am definatly going to have to read the trilogy, I just went to amazon, read the description and it sounds like a book I would want to read, do you know where they would be located ina what section of waldensbooks though?well see everyone later

Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

[This message was edited by hsa9574 on 17 September 2003 at 17:44.]

Comment

• Dave: what's with the depressing lyrics????? AT least I think(hope?) they're lyrics?

on people-who-go-to-Antarctica: 4K? WOW that's a lot, I wonder if it's as much from here... my best friend's brother was doing geology and got to go to Antarctica for a YEAR, the lucky lucky man... *is envious, utterly*

Agent M: it's cute. it's VERY you. VERY you.
                    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Oh, it's just some stuff I 'm having fun with: Rambling like a crazy man. The lyrics I've got are very good for crazy-talk.

talking to myself all the way to the station (tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away) pictures in my head of the final destination (tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away) all lined up (all the ones that aren't allowed to stay) (tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away) tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches tried to overcome the complications and the catches nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away

--Dai Stihó

Bright
                      Bishie
                      'Mancer
                      Foam Poet

Comment

• *grits teeth*
                        Rysade, much as I hate to do so, I have to defend Ohio. It is a place that everyone "likes to see in their rear view mirror", but living in Hawaii makes me realize there are a few things I miss about it:

The fall. We don't get much of a seasonal change in Hawaii, and while I don't really miss Ohio February, I miss the change of color in the fall.

Dramatic weather. Hawaii weather is 90% sun, 9% rain, and 1% hurricanes, which we can do without. Ohio has ice storms, snow, thunderstorms, and bright blue fall days. And spring, between about the end of April and early June.

Some of the small towns in Ohio are really cool, like Scio, where my grandmother lives.

Night life. Outside of Honolulu, there is NO night life to speak of in Hawaii. Almost everything shuts down after 10; even the Dennys restaurants here ("open 24 hours") close at midnight. In Columbus at OSU, you could find something happening 24 hours a day.

I may list more things as I think of them.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                        "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• I really dislike where I live in Washington. It is so boring here, and the weather never changes....

Dai
                          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?

"What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
                          Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
                          :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• I'm bored so I'm going to write my teacher's fav. saying:

I'm lost
                            I've gone to find myself
                            If I should get back
                            Before I return
                            Please tell me to wait.

~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            "So," Harry said, "so does that mean that... that one of us has to kill the other one... in the end?" -HP year 5
                            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Am I in the minority in that I love my hometown? I love
                              -the way it's so windy. Wind must be just about the best existing feature of the weather.
                              -I even like the rain
                              -the buses
                              -I live here, duh..
                              -the libraries
                              -the shops. I WANT the children's section of Unity Books, dammit...
                              -the sculptures
                              -Courtenay place
                              -cuba street
                              -civic square
                              -the City to Sea Bridge
                              -walking along parliament lawns
                              -the caketin

T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                              Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I like my hometown (Harvest, not Huntsville though Harvest is inside Hunstville) b/c
                                - the fall is beutifull
                                - my school ROCKS
                                - we get out of school for 1 month 4 x-mas, and 2 weeks in Oct. and March
                                - everyone is nice
                                - the millions of bookstores
                                - the 2 malls
                                - my friends
                                - MMS's famous chain letters
                                and much more. Its just that it eventually gets boring.

~Sam (Hifun55)~
                                "So," Harry said, "so does that mean that... that one of us has to kill the other one... in the end?" -HP year 5
                                ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                                Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                                HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                                My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Working...
                                X