Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to the book store and read the 1st chapter of Breaking Dawn. Oh my word, I can't wait to read the rest of the book; it was sooo amazing! (Not that I expected anything less.)
    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• I'm rereading eclipse right now...again.

I haven't had the chance to go to the bookstore yet.

Muahaahaha. I love it when Bella declares that she is Switzerland...so random...
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I just finished rereading Twilight (for the umteenth time) and I still found some new things that I didn't remember from before. One thing is after the accident, when Edward's siblings' faces didn't show worry for their brother's health, but disapproval or fury. Another is when the Cullens are getting Bella ready to go to Phoenix, Esme hits a button and bars go down and cover the windows. It shocks me that after reading a book so many times, I still find new things.

Random Question: Why is Jasper's last name Hale? It would make more sense if Emmett's last name was Hale, wouldn't it?
        Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Nope, it wouldn't make more sense...I don't think. At that point, Rosalie and Emmet are pretending they're not married, so the last names would be different...right? I think?
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Well, along with the fact that Rosalie and Emmett are pretending they're not married (like kk said), Jasper and Rosalie are both blondes, making them seem like siblings. Somewhere in Twilight, it states that they pretend to be "real" siblings, and Alice, Emmett, and Edward pretend to be another group of siblings in the family. Sorry if that's confusing, but I'm not entirely sure how to describe it.

Comment

• Yeah, Hungry's right. They make Jasper and Rosalie twins, since they sort of look like each other. Umm, yeah when Esme pushes that button that was really cool, I was like woah they prepared for everything!!! I hope that they put that detail in the movie. I doubt they would because it's minor.

Ah, I haven't read the books in awhile, but I'll start reading before I get Breaking Dawn.
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Thanks guys for answering my nagging question. That does make more sense than what I had originally thought.

It's kinda funny when I talk about the Twilight Saga at home because no one else in my family has read it. Every time a say something about it, they get really annoyed and wish that I would find something else to talk about.

Hey, has anyone read The Host? I've been debating on whether or not to buy it and was wondering what other people had to say aobut it. Thanks.

Comment

• I'm still trying to gert it from the library, and hoping it will arrive before i move...if the line waiting for it is any indication, though, it's good. Either that, or she just has a dedicated fan base that will check out anything she writes on the offchance it's good. Someone i know likd i , i think...There are a hundred and two people waiting for The Host in Queens at the moment, by the way, in case you're wondering.
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• YR: There are a hundred and two people waiting for The Host in Queens at the moment.
                    Seriously? That's insane; if that happened at my library...they'd quickly get way more copies! (Speaking of my library, it was just redone and I went in the card catalogue just to see if they even had Stephenie Meyer's books...they've got 20 copies of Twilight. That made me very happy to see, even though I've got my own copy.)

I found out that I'm no longer on the road the day/night Breaking Dawn comes out! We cut our vacation short (meh...gas prices. ) so I'll be at home on August 1, to go get it at midnight with my friend/Sister in all things Twilight. (she's not really my sister, she's just the only person I know in real life who's as obsessed with it as I am) XD Well, it's good news to me!

Comment

• They probably DO have a lot of coppies...But her books ALWAYS have a waiting list at least that large, it seems. And, even when the books are on request by others, they're probably allowed three weeks each to read it. It sometimes moves slowly, sometimes moves fast, depending on whether they read it right away, or leave it a tth ebottom of a pile of other things they need to read...Or just take a long time returnning it, out of laziness, which has been known to happen with me.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I want to read The Host so bad but I don't have enough money to get it yet.

Ah, I want to go to that NY Breaking Dawn party on August 1st, but I'll be down in NC!!! I'm half tempted in to switching my pre-order shipping address to my grandparents house. Haha. Just a little bit.

Oooh Has anyone checked out the "Twilight Tuesday" thing on MTV?

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...21/story.jhtml

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/17/first-family-of-tw...cullen-crest-to-mtv/

That's so totally cool. I won't say anything incase you guys want to be surprised at the movie.
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I won't be in New York any more by augest....I'm moving to Nevadda. Ah well...And i'd click on those, but i have no ear phones at the moment, and this is a library computer.

Comment

• My uncle just drove up...in a Volvo!! I cracked up laughing...

OK, so I went on a drive with my mom and uncle earlier today, and he said, "Oh, let's go by that house! The one where that guy lives."

My mom said, "What guy?"

My uncle answered, "The one who took in those five kids, y'know, the teenagers. I bet they're grateful to have such a nice father figure."

All I could think was, They sound suspiciously like the Cullens....Hmmmmm....

So, yeah. The library here doesn't have the Twilight books, I don't think, and it's not fair!
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• ...there's only one solution. Your library must be torn down immediately and rebuilt-as the twilighters dream come true! *laughs maniachally* Yes, i know, i spelt that wrong...

Comment

• OH MY GOSH!!!!! I just went on my library's website (not the one here at my grandparents' house, the one near where I live), and they had addedd "Breaking Dawn" to the list!! I clicked on the "Request Title" button, and guess what?? I'm only the 2nd on the list!!! Every time I've ever requested a new book release, I've been around 490th on the list! And to be the second on Breaking Dawn, I'll get the book about a week or so after it comes out! Maybe sooner!

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

YR: I think that a Twilighter's real dream come true would be to go to Forks, WA, and take pictures of everything. Speaking of which:

forkswa.com's "Twilight Places of Interest."

The Forks, WA website now has the subtitle "Home of Twilight!" I laughed when I saw that.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X