Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd constnatly feel like i was cheating in class, most likely, if i was listening in on tests....

What i'm worried about is the souls of the vampires. I don't believe that Edward's right, and they loose their souls, but what i do believe might very well be worse-i'm not sure they EVER looes them, even after they've been torn apart. I mean, we saw how the hands are still moving once they've been ripped up, and such...How do we know that the souls aren't still there, trapped in the body for all eternity, even when the body has been torn apart and made useless, never able to move on?
    A scary thought...At least the idea of loosing their soul simply means nothingness, rather than an eterinity of existance, but inability to do anything.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Eek! That would be horrible, YR (eternity of existance, but unable to do anything) I mean, what if they were burned to ashes or something? I guess that they would just be like ghosts, but I'm still not likeing the idea...
      I guess I would want Edward's power; not for cheating on tests (I don't need that!! ) but just to know what people are thinking sometimes, it would be interesting
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Re: Knowing what people are thinking

I sometimes wonder: if I gained the power to read people's minds and find out what they thought about me, would I be more disillusioned by the presence or absence of opinions?

In other words, would you rather that people thought poorly of you, or not at all?

*references Tom Smith's "I Wish I Couldn't Read Her Mind" -- slightly non-appropriate, but hilarious nonetheless (especially if you're a fan of the original).*
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Even the ashes thing might still have you bound-Imagine, beng spread accross all the world, flitting through the air, seeing everything, having it all jammed into your brain at once, and doing NOTHING. Not even being able to stay at an exciting thing-as if anything is exciting after so many years like this-or leaving a boring thing, though they all seem the same now...You are simply at the mercy of the wind.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• i dont know about anyone else but i would love to have Jaspers powers. i mean really, if ur mom was yelling at u to get off the couch, put away ur book, and go outside instead, then u could totally calm her down and keep on reading. (if only that worked )

I <3 EDWARD!!!!!!
            Being happy doesn't mean everythings perfect, it means you've learned to look past the imperfections. =)

Comment

• Hmmm the chemistry on set seems to be working really well. Check out this article (it has a neat-o little clip)

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...14/story.jhtml

And this is what they call us twilight fans

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/04/15/a-special-message-...ight-from-the-stars/

I'm super psyched!!!
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Who cares if "Twilighters" won that? My friends and I refer to ourselves as "Fanpires" whether the name didn't get first place or not.

In a completely normal conversation, one of us burst out "My boyfriend is a fanpire!" and suddenly had many people congratulating her on her wonderful luck.

He really is a 'fanpire.' He let her borrow all of the books so that she could read them. He already owned them...
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I'd rather be a twilighter than a fanpire any day...For one thing, i can say it in a highschool, and almost avoid dying from embarressment. :P
                  Plus, it's somehow less cheesy...

Comment

• Everybody I know knows that I'm obsessed with Twilight anyway, so any form of Twilighter, Twihard, whatever is what I usually call myself. It's horrible, yes, but I know other Twilighters in a few of my classes.

Can't wait 12/12/08!!
                    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• The movie will be awesome! I've so far only met one other person who's actually seen the trailer, though! It's weird.

And she didn't get it, 'cause she doesn't read the books...It wasn't fair!

EDIT: I found this AWESOME youtube video that's a song through the 3 Twilight books...It's cool!

Save a Volvo, Ride a Vampire!

A Warning: she wrote it pretty well, and it really does reflect the books! But there was some detail on what happened between Edward and Bella in Eclipse...I know some friends of mine didn't like that part of it, so...just...be warned.

57 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes, and 30 seconds, 'til breaking dawn comes out!
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Hahaha that was really funny. Hey did anyone go out and read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn? It's wicked awesome. I can't wait for the book to come out. I probably sound wicked obsessed... but oh well.

Can't wait!

Comment

• I haven't read it.

Where'd you get it? Was it in the back of the special edition Eclipse or something? I thought I had heard something like that.
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Yeah, it's on the back of the Special Edition of Eclipse.

I just went out to a booikstore and read it there... cuz I didn't really feel like having two Eclipses. Besides I was able to get another book I needed anyway.

Comment

• Hehe, Emi, I did the same thing yesterday. Was there picking up a graduation present for my friend and thought "Wow, not going to buy another copy of Eclipse, so I guess I'll just read it now!" Very good, can't wait for the rest of the book! (Not going to discuss it, I don't like spoilers myself so I don't tend to post them.)

Today a few friends and I went out for lunch with another friend who's never read Twilight. She sat there, kind of confused, while we rambled on about Jacob, Edward, and Volvos. XD Well, it kind of serves her right, since she invited herself along on our lunch date.

Edit: hopefully someone will see this. XD Anyone going to Comic Con this year? A certainSpecial Guest (or rather, a few special guests that participants in this thread are fond of) are most likely going to be there on Thursday. Why does nothing good ever happen in the Midwest? No author signings, no visits from movie stars...

Comment

• *makes mission to go read the chapter soon*

I do that a lot, when I want to read the chapter. It's how I read Uptown Local in the special edition SYWTBAW. No need to have two copies...

I downloaded a countdown gadget for my Vista sidebar, and I have it counting down until Breaking Dawn comes out.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X