Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why Harry doesn't try to find his extended family. Maybe it's because he's stupid.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Harry isn't stupid. He hasn't really had any time to research his "extended family" because he's been busy saving his friends, not to mention all of the wizarding world, from the evil plans of Voldemort and his loyal sneaking henchmen *coughLUCIUSMALFOYcough*. Furthermore, all he's ever been told by the Dursleys and everyone else is that Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley are his only relatives (we are not including Aunt March because she is not related to Harry through blood--only marriage). Surely, if Dumbledore had known that Harry had other relatives, he would have intrusted the orphan to them instead of the Muggles that Professor McGonagall was so strongly against. I'll have to reread the books again...
      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

i think another problem with it being neville, is that it would require voldemort having personally going after him, and i don't think it would be such a secret if he had...harry would have found out about it at some point, most likely. clues are always left behind, in books. and another reason he might not be trying to find is his extended family might be that he's had such a hard time with the family he's met so far, he's not exactly in the mood to meet anyone new. (plus when he's not home, he's in the wizard world where he can't really meet ANY non wizard, and when he IS home, he's got enough problems to deal with)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Let me ask you this, would you trust a useless person that is always indangering his own life with your soul, i mean its like telling your soul your giving it up.

Does anyone have any other ideas what the other horcues could be besides Neville? I for one thing it is hidden in another special item, that is hidden. Harry will probably go in search for it and eventually find it. But he will probably not be able to get his hand son it without the help of his two friends Ron and Hermione.

[edited to remove needless quoting. --kli.]
          But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
          thou shall not eat of it:
          for in the day that thou eatest there of
          thou shalt surely die.

Comment

Joan says on her site that the last part of the prophecy does NOT mean Harry and Neville will have to kill each other....of course that's not talking about Horcruxes, but she seems pretty adament about it, and Voldemort has shown no interest in Neville thus far. Plus, she also says that one of the characters (not in the trio, and not who we will expect) will go back to Hogwarts to teach....I happen to believe this will be Neville.

And he does do some things right, my goodness, harsh people! :P

Joan says on her site that the Sorting Hat is not a horcrux, so that's something we can eliminate. I think the real locket (rather than the fake Harry and Albus found), is the one briefly mentioned in OotP, when they're cleaning out the cabinets--it says it's a big, heavy silver locket that they can't get open. This would of course lead us to believe that R.A.B. is indeed Regulas, and that he left it in the house. Plus, Joan has said that Kreacher is going to be very important (she directly told the film makers he needed to be in there). One reason for this may be that when Kreacher was stealing things from the trash, the locket was (or may have been) one of them.

Albus says he believes Nagini is the sixth Horcrux, so I'd say that's almost certain, it makes sense.

Here are some very interesting articles on Harry/Horcruxes from the Lexicon, which is of course my HP bible xD:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/ess...a-horcrux.html
            http://www.hp-lexicon.org/magic/devices/horcruxes.html
            http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/ess...horcruxes.html
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Just read WIKI thingy.
              Under the definition of Hallows, it talks about for items: "the Fisher King is the guardian of the four hallows, which include the Grail itself, the serving dish/or stone, the sword/or dagger, and the spear."
              Sound familar?
              I thought so.
              (If it doesn't, reread A Wizard Abroad)
              Also, these things could be Horcruxes.
              These items are the four hallows. If Moldy Voldy killed some people to make them horcruxes, then they would be deathly. Thus, they are the Deathly Hallows
              I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Originally posted by Cody:
                Let me ask you this, would you trust a useless person that is always indangering his own life with your soul, i mean its like telling your soul your giving it up.
                good point i hadn't thought about it that way. oh well i geuss we just have to wait for the book.
                -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

i think kreacher DEFINATELY stole the locket, since, if he hadn't, it would be all to easy to find the thing! and while i seriously hope that the Horcruxe isn't harry, i wouldn't be surpised if it turned out to be something close to him.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Originally posted by young reader:
                    i think kreacher DEFINATELY stole the locket, since, if he hadn't, it would be all to easy to find the thing! and while i seriously hope that the Horcruxe isn't harry, i wouldn't be surpised if it turned out to be something close to him.
                    Kreacher stole...the locket...what!?
                    -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                    Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                    http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                      Just read WIKI thingy.
                      Under the definition of Hallows, it talks about for items: "the Fisher King is the guardian of the four hallows, which include the Grail itself, the serving dish/or stone, the sword/or dagger, and the spear."
                      Sound familar?
                      I thought so.
                      (If it doesn't, reread A Wizard Abroad)
                      Also, these things could be Horcruxes.
                      These items are the four hallows. If Moldy Voldy killed some people to make them horcruxes, then they would be deathly. Thus, they are the Deathly Hallows
                      You know I never thought to look up the meaning of Hallows. The grail, serving dish, the sword, and the spear. It does sound similar to a wizard abroad. Oh, and Rubywolf your avatar is awesome.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Thank you.

I really hope that Rolling wil;l think of an awesome ending to the book, and taht she hurries up and gets it ublished. I'm inpatieant!!

Comment

I have heard that she has had the ending finished for the longest time. And what was the Kreacher having the locket theory???? Yah right! Why would he have it??? I'm so confuzzled *laughs* actually I thought that Regulas might have stolen the locket, and that maybe Serious didn't really know his brother too well. (Regulas A. Black, the locket was signed RAB, see?) what could Regulas' middle name be?? hmmmm......
                          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Kaila Kirchner : Kreacher stole...the locket...what!?
                            sorry, about that, i'm afraid you have to look up some. since i use email digest, i'm eternally answering yesterdays posts. which usually isn't a problem, but when there's a whole lot of people posting on the topic...
                            there was a discussion a bit earlier though about wheather kreacher stole a locket in sirius's house, that might have been a horcruxe

Comment

Originally posted by samehl:
                              And what was the Kreacher having the locket theory???? Yah right! Why would he have it???
                              Probably because Kreacher is a kneiving (I spelled that wrong but I don't have time to look it up; pronounced kun-eye-ving) thief who takes whatever he can get his hands on, most especially his dead mistress's beloved heirlooms.

I never thought to look at the definition of hallows. It's really interesting. If, in fact, Rowling did base the title of the book on the hallows, what would they be? Lessee...the Grail is probably (maybe)Hufflepuff's cup. The only sword-dagger that I can think of is Gryffindor's, in a glass case in Dumbledore's office. Serving dish-stone and spear I have no idea about. If we were to take this somewhat literally, who's the Fisher King? Of course, I'm assuming a lot. I'm also over-analyzing the situation *duct tapes mouth to shut up*.

So...for Horcruxes, we have: the locket, Hufflepuff's cup, Nagini (maybe), the diary (destroyed), the ring (destroyed), something of Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, and what resides in Voldemort himself. I'll take my advice and shut up now.
                              I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Kaila Kirchner:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cody:
                                good point i hadn't thought about it that way. oh well i geuss we just have to wait for the book. </div>[quote]

Yeah, we will have to wait for the next book. They better not start selling it early again. It was sold purposely the day before in Indiana, Indianapolis. It was a federal case too.
                                But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                                thou shall not eat of it:
                                for in the day that thou eatest there of
                                thou shalt surely die.

Comment

Working...
                                X