Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry might die so that JKR won't be forced by millions of fan mail writers to write an eighth book. Plus, it would be amusing.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

oops.. didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the language.. sorry..

I found it on the Megatokyo forums as one of the user's avatars

Comment

You are forgiven.
        I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

CM: no biggie. It's what mods are for.

Ok, I'm going to take a moment, to do YA newbie lecture here. Don't take it personally. There have just been a lot of new folks, and the Board FAQ ocasionally needs to advertised and pushed.

I want to bring everybody's attention to the fact that Lee is about to dump a bunch of older messages from our forums because the cost for storage space just went up. That means it's more important than ever to make sure your messages count. That they deserve to be archived and searchable and available three years from now.

Please watch the one-liners, the only-for-one-other person (and not the whole board) messages, and sig lengths. Use the search feature to see if what you want to talk about has been discussed before (or just to find all of DD's posts on the board). Thanks. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! I have a really wacky theory: Tell me what you think.

I think that Sirius is not dead. I think that the veil was a pasage to the afterlife and that Sirius is lying, stunned, behind the veil. Remember that Bellatrix had just hit him with a jet of red light. The only spell we know of that sends out a jet of red light is a stunning spell. So, Harry may just have to go through the veil, unstun Sirius, and bring him back. Think of Orpheus almost succeding in bringing his lover back from the relm of the dead. (At the last moment, he looked back at her, thus sending her to her doom.)

I must say, I hope Harry dies. He is really starting to get on my nerves. It's all his wining. Let's support Voldy.

Merging two posts - Peter

Comment

As much as I love Sirius, he's dead xD And JKR has said numerous times she won't write an eighth book, as much as fans complain. She's richer than the queen, I really don't think any amount of fan mail is going "force" her to write anything

Kli--ooo *eyes super-long sig* Must trim that...
              "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I believe that Sirius is dead. I wish he wasn't but what can you say. I really hate that Dumbledore is dead also. I was angry when he died. Harry is always winning, maybe just this once he will lose. Plus, it might be better if he died than J.K. Rowling really can't write another book.
                Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Originally posted by spyells:
                  I believe that Sirius is dead. I wish he wasn't but what can you say. I really hate that Dumbledore is dead also. I was angry when he died. Harry is always winning, maybe just this once he will lose. Plus, it might be better if he died than J.K. Rowling really can't write another book.
                  Yeah why did Dumbldore have to die? Hey can anyone tell me the next books name?
                  But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                  thou shall not eat of it:
                  for in the day that thou eatest there of
                  thou shalt surely die.

Comment

The name is in this topic somewhere, I can't remember it right now. Something about Hallows.
                    As for Sirius and Dumbledore...I think that one of them is not dead or is coming back. I don't know which one, but I don't think both of them will be gone for the entirety of the last book. Harry does need to strike out on his own without authority figures, but with both of them gone he has absolutely no one to turn to, which will screw up a good many of JK Rowling's plot devices.
                    That's just me though.
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

FYI, the name of the next Harry Potter book is "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

If you're right, Cress, it'd probably be Sirius that's coming back. "No spell can reawaken the dead" is something that Dumbledore said, and JK Rowling made us witness to Dumbledore's death by the Killing Curse. We aren't told that Sirius is dead, it's just assumed because he doesn't re-appear from behind the veil.

But, hey, what do I know?...
                      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

I think I read somewhere that JK said Sirius is gone for good as well. And I agree with a bunch of people here and think Harry is the last Horcrux and that he will die in the last book. I have even written a fanfic ending where Harry dies... and comes back to life.

Comment

As much as I love Sirius, he's dead xD And JKR has said numerous times she won't write an eighth book, as much as fans complain. She's richer than the queen, I really don't think any amount of fan mail is going "force" her to write anything

Kli--ooo *eyes super-long sig* Must trim that...
                          *rises from the inactive and resumes posting*
                          saddly, you're probably right...and she probably won't even write any other series, either...i mean, she'll write them, being a writer, which means she'll probably write for the sake of writing, but she probably won't get them published, since anything she does will get compared to her harry potter series, and most likely be either doomed to fail, or simply be treated as the ugly step child of a series she didn't want it to have anything to do with...
                          at the moment, my only isue is with whoever is publishing the books, because apparently, according to her, she has finished all seven books, but is unable to get the last one published...Ther'es a whole thing about all books needing to go through editing about three times, and then the publisher won't publish it until they think it's the most prophitable time to do so most likely...it'll be forever until i get to read it!
                          ---
                          Yeah why did Dumbldore have to die? Hey can anyone tell me the next books name?
                          it's at the beginning of the topic.

consolidated double-post. Again. --kli.
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Thanks Kevin.
                            But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                            thou shall not eat of it:
                            for in the day that thou eatest there of
                            thou shalt surely die.

Comment

Apparently someone didn't read the first post, cody.

"No spell can reawaken the dead."

How do you guys remember quotes from books I never do. Marina you're probably right about Sirius. There was really never any mention about Sirius actually being dead, except what Harry believes. I hated that as soon as Harry had someone who he could love and trust that he lost him right after. I had had a feeling when reading the book that something was going to happen. Harry was just tooooo happy. No main character in a book can stay happy too long.
                              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Harry never even checked behind the viel, I think. Lupin said he was gone and forced Harry away. But maybe the viel is something of a portal... you know where he is someplace else trying to get back? Jsut a thought. Harry being a horocux is an interesting thought... and he probably will die because JKR said one of the main Characters was going to die.
                                "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

Working...
                                X