Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

The name is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    I can't wait until sometime next July when it comes out. I really need to read the whole series again, but as soon as I get the chance I will reserve my copy at Borders.
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Doesn't Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows seem like a grim title.I still want to read it ASAP.I am going to be the first to read it in my house and have no one to talk about it with for at least a week.I will explode if i couldn't talk about it over the web.

Comment

Yeah, is sounds grim. But, I'm looking forward to it anyway. I hated it when the other books came out and I had no one to talk to about it. Especially when Dumbledore died, that made me angry.

Comment

Hmmm...Dumbledore's death made me sad. It is a rather interesting title, and rather...unhappy.

Now, spyells, you have lots of people to talk to about the Harry Potter books...
        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Wow. Me and my friends were just discussing this name about an hour ago...we all thought it was very unPotterish. I mean, come on Deathly Hallow? Mph.

-peri

Comment

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Excepted no more or less. XD
            Heh. Not really a shock. ^_^

I like it. It...fits.</span>

Comment

Originally posted by marina salem:
              Hmmm...Dumbledore's death made me sad. It is a rather interesting title, and rather...unhappy.

Now, spyells, you have lots of people to talk to about the Harry Potter books...
              I'm glad I now have a lot of people to talk to about it. My best friend is a read-a-holic just like me, but he didn't get to read the book for the longest. I went to the party at Borders when the book came out. I finished the book in less than 3 days.

Comment

I stood in line at Barnes and Noble til midnight to get the Order of the Phoenix, and my grandmother got me the 6th one for my birthday, which I finished in about two days .

I am sssoooooo happee that the seventh book has a title . It had better come out soon, or I will likely die.
                I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Oh man I can't wait for it! Book! I love book! I can't imagine what'll happen in it... Does Harry stay at school? I forgot.
                  ---------------------------
                  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Silent One:
                    Oh man I can't wait for it! Book! I love book! I can't imagine what'll happen in it... Does Harry stay at school? I forgot.
                    I don't think he stays at school. I really need to reread the series again.

Comment

Well, NSSO & spyells, at the end of the Half-Blood Prince, Harry states to Hermione and Ron that he won't be coming back to Hogwarts. Hermione expects it but Ron is surprised. They both go against Harry's wishes and are firm that they will accompamy him wherever he goes, after Fleur and Charlie's wedding. Hermione gives the reason: Harry said a while ago that they could turn back, but they kept with him. Personally, I don't think that Harry's attending Hogwarts again will help him defeat Voldemort, so it seems that he would leave to seek out the Horcruxes and destroy them, so he could finally beat Voldemort.

Sorry about the ranting of pointless info to answer a single question. Dai, cousins.

Comment

Thanks marina salem for the reminder. It wasn't pointless ranting either. To many of us get yelled at for post that are too short. So that was a good one.

Comment

You mean Fleur and Bill's wedding Maria, not Charlie's

Wow...this does seem like a very...different title to me xD *goes to lurk on her various HP websites for more info*

-----

aheh, my luff has pulled through

For those of you who don't know about this amazing site, www.hp-lexicon.org is my favorite HP website. You all might want to take a look especially at this page, where info has been gathered about the 7th book:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/about/books/dh/book_dh.html

[edited to consolidate double-post. --kli.]
                          "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Sorry, Piper...I meant Bill.

That website is very interesting. If the information is correct, the "hallows" might be places where the Horcruxes are kept. VVEERRYY interesting...I think its being a little over-analytic (is that a word?) but still intruiging.

Comment

I think it's a perfectly splendid title. HOWEVER... it does seem to be a bad title for what is to be the LAST in the series. I mean come on shouldn't it be HARRY potter and the complete and utter defeat and humiliation of Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Well... that wouldn't work either I suppose.

Anyway, I went out and bought Order of the Phoenix ASAP in hardcover, which is a very rare thing for me to do, and personally after I had read it, I could very easily have shot many holes into the fat volume and then take a large basilisk fang and stab the book over and over and over JUST like Harry did In Secret Chamber.

THIS however, lead me to ignore book 6 for something like a year.... I regret that. It was really good, and made me appreciate book 5.

Still... the title of this new one.... Hmm.
                              Dai Stihó, cousin.
                              "Fairest and Fallen; greetings and defiance."

Comment

Working...
                              X