Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've also heard that they are not changing the actors, so that's what I'm going to believe. Anyway, seriously; can anyone picture any other actors in the roles, now that Dan, Emma, and Rupert have been in them for so long? It just wouldn't seem right.

I actually think the movies have gotten worse as they've progressed through the series. *ducks flying objects* I don't know...I really didn't like the 3rd movie, and I wasn't fond of some parts of the 4th either. Hopefully OOTP will cause me tregain my faith in the movies.

As for DH...I can't wait for the book. At this point, I'm not really sure if it'll be able to live up to the hype...but then again, this is JKR. I didn't think the 6th book would meet my expectations either, but it did...

Comment

• sorry alla. And I actually did hear from my mom (no idea where she heard it) that Emma hadn't actually signed on for the last two movies... I really can't imagnie anyone else as the actors, especially after they are over ahlf-way through the series....
      I can't wait for the next book...already ordered it from B&N, like, a month ago on my mom's orders...if she thinks she's gonna read it first, she is soo totally wrong..
      ...today isn't the best day for any of us, and I am finding it hard to rustle up more enthusiasum...
      "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• What I've heard about Emma is that she's going to stop acting in the HP movies so she can go to college. And you know, I can't really say I blame her. After all, you can't keep yourself from growing up and wanting to try something new.

I'm so excited about DH!!! *uh oh, my friend's telling me she knows what happens. Don't tell me! Don't tell me!* Wow, trying to post in the morning and everyone looking on...
        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• as much as i hate to admit it, it makes sense changing the actors...i mean, they're growing too old to play the parts! it's hard to keep up with the books, when it takes too long to make the movies! but it will be weird all the same, and i'm not sure if htey'll be able to cover up the change at ALL smoothly during the course of the movie... or i suppose i should say it WOULD be wird, and i'm not sure they COULD cover it up, since it's not exactly certian that they ARE doing it...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• My main question is : What are the horocruxes? Have we already seen them, or will they come up later? Who knows, one could be inside the Malfoys' own home... Though I'm actually pretty much doubting that. I'm also pretty sad that the sorting hat theory is officially, by JKR herself, obliterated.

And who is RAB? I was looking in my sciece text book and there are these stars or something, Sirius and Bellatrix...I wonder if the two stars in between could actually unlock something in the book....

*cough*

so, yeah.

And also, I just thought it was interesting that apparently the critics who have (or will read) the book, JKR is like begging them not to release the ending. So, I'm fairly assured it will be a good book.

And that's my two cents and facts worth!
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Hmm...that stars thing is interesting.
              Oh, and I, soon after reading the book, had the idea that RAB _might_ be Sirius' brother...Regulus (SP?) BLack....cause he left Voldemort's Death EAters and was found in some house thing or something...but it COULD be him... at least, that's my geuss...
              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• It's probably him, I read the other day that in the Finnish (If I recall correctly) version, Sirius' surname is Zwarts and that the note was signed RAZ.

I can't wait to read it...I'll probably get it midnight and finish it before sunrise. I'm not giving ANYONE the chance to spoil me.

Comment

• Mel: there was a bit of discussion about who RAB was/is over here.. that happened just after Half Blood Prince came out.

As for the star names, I think Regulus is actually a star as well. *checks wiki* Yep, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulus - he's in the constellation Leo, and the brightest star in Leo too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwiz:
                    Hmm...that stars thing is interesting.
                    Oh, and I, soon after reading the book, had the idea that RAB _might_ be Sirius' brother...Regulus (SP?) BLack....cause he left Voldemort's Death EAters and was found in some house thing or something...but it COULD be him... at least, that's my geuss...
                    I thought the same thing that the name RAB had meant Regulas Black. At least someone else is on the same page as me.
                    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• sirious had more then ONE family member with those initials, i believe, and there are some therios it was BOTH of them...and if hse has to be obliterating theories, why can't she obliterate the harry dying one? *is saddened and horrified at the idea of this death taking place* though i can figure out why it would occure i suppose...and at least the whole zwartz thing helps when thinking of theories about all this...
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Not according to the Black Family Tree he didn't ( go and look it up on wiki). Unless you think that his great uncle might have still been alive at that stage.

YR: Where did you read that he had more than one family member with those initials? He had a great Uncle Regulus, but assuming that RAB stands for Regulus Alphard Black, (Alphard for his uncle), then it can kinda be assumed that Regulus Black I had a different middle name (if one at all).

Comment

• i just heard the greatest news... you ready for it? ok there is a rumor going on that there is going to be an eighth book. J.K.R is tempted to write another for charity... now thats somthing to look forword to
                          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Did he have another family memeber with htose initails? I didn't think so...Of course, it si possible.
                            there might be an eighth book? so we _might_ be able to believe that Harry lives...of course, i am sure there could still be some way of doing an eighth book without him...*hopes not* of course, it still being a rumor, it might not happen...I hope it does. I could always sue more to read....XD

Comment

• Originally posted by wizy123:
                              i just heard the greatest news... you ready for it? ok there is a rumor going on that there is going to be an eighth book. J.K.R is tempted to write another for charity... now thats somthing to look forword to
                              Personally I wouldn't want an 8th book. I have gotten set on for so long that there would only be seven. Even the best series end after a while.
                              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Personally, I gotta agree with the RAB = Regalus Black. It would make so much sense! And I don't really think that another book would be too bad, but then again it would kinda be overkill...

I think that Harry's going to die as he kills Voldemort. Sorry, call me morbid, but it just has a bit of logic to it. Or he can die as he's protecting Ron or Hermione or Ginny or somebody. Or maybe JKR will throw a big twist and make Neville kill Voldemort. Or...*shrugs*
                                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X