Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was? i didn't know that *looks off into the distance, thinking*. i should tell lara that. huh.
    -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
    Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
    http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

*crows with happiness*

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hits book stores July 21!!!
      That's two whole days before my birthday! (you didn't really need to know that)
      However, that's almost six whole months from now. It's gonna feel like forever. But still!!!
      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

at least we will be able to mark it on our calanders and count down the days. it will feel like forever especially with no DD books coming out soon
        -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
        Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
        http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Originally posted by Kaila Kirchner:
          it was? i didn't know that *looks off into the distance, thinking*. i should tell lara that. huh.
          People were freaking out because they didn't get the book at the same time everyone else did. That booksotre was sued and shut down.
          But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
          thou shall not eat of it:
          for in the day that thou eatest there of
          thou shalt surely die.

Comment

I have heard that she has had the ending finished for the longest time.
            actually, the auther said that she had finished the books, but it takes a really long time to get anything publisehd...i mean, they have to be sent to the editer for three times, then the publishers might refuse to publish it until it's the absolute best moment...
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Marina I was just coming to post that! xD

YR: I don't think she had them written, just knew pretty much what was going to happen. And she does have the very last chapter written, and when she said that she said the last word was "scar", but that it could change by the time she'd sent in the final copy.
              "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Oh, thank goodness, it's not the same week as Comic-Con this year. Although, when it does come out during Comic-Con, you have lots and lots and lots of company in line at midnight by the Barnes & Noble in downtown San Diego... most of them in costume.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

July 21 is my birthday. I can't wait.
                  Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                  Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

*starts to brag* I bet that i'll be able to finsh the book faster thatn all of you. I read the Last book in nine hours, 3 minutes and 28 seconds.
                    Who's up for a competition!!

anyway...
                    it really does take a long time to get published. It's also really hard. The first hp book was sent to nine different publishers before being accepted! Rolloing doesn't have to deal with that any more, though.
                    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Hmm...Competion sounds fun. Just to tell you, you'll most likely win. But it would be fun to see how close we are.
                      July 21?! let's see, nothing going on that time of the year for me...i have reserved that day for reading only.
                      i can't remember how long it took me last time, but I know it took me oen day. I just don't remember how long. Not too long because i remeber how mad my mom got when I finished it. HSe said something like "Can you at least take three days to read it? it wasn't even two!" (HSe is always complaining about my reading speed )
                      "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• piper: YR: I don't think she had them written, just knew pretty much what was going to happen. And she does have the very last chapter written, and when she said that she said the last word was "scar", but that it could change by the time she'd sent in the final copy.
                        no, i mean she said she had already had it writen, as in completely done, finished, and going through the horidly slow process of editing...Or somewhere in that stage.
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I remember I was under 12 hours, but not sure exactly how many. I'm having a horribly complex at the moment, because I realllly want to know what happens, but at the same time I don't want it to end xD
                          "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• *insert boast here* I finished HP6, here in the land Down Under before it was actually _released_ in the US

Comment

• It took me at least two days to read #6, but I don't skim at all, and I have a tendency to kind of blank out in the middle of a page and not really comprehend what I'm reading so I have to go back and reread so that the words actually connect with my brain. Plus I wasn't as spazzy about this one as I was about the last ones. I didn't even get to start it until about a week after it came out because I was out of town when it came out and we had already preordered it. It was the first one my mom finished before I did.
                              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                              I promise not to funfun anymore
                              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• About how long it took to read the sixth book. I read for 6 hours straight only going 2 the bathroom 3 times, and getting a small snack every 2 hours. Oh, and I washed the dishes.
                                Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X