Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...hermione the pirate queen? *finds this kind of funny* ANyone but me going to go and read J.K rowlings new detective books? *Thinks it might be better to ask who ISN"T going to read them, once their out, but still.* I don't know what to expect of them, but i'll hope they'll be good...
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• wow 23 pgs im so happy this is longer than anything i have made im soo proud...

ok onto lighter and brighter news i have just watched the third movie and harry had Blue eyes thoughout the movie. he's suppose to have green eyes... ok just thought you'd like to know
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• it could just be a trick of the light...or the lack of his colored contacts. :P *wishes my "do you think the lone power was right or wrong in creating death and entropy" (or something like that) topic was doing so well, and that mentioning it here will help it along* what? you're topics popular! :P

i wonder, though, how many other things like that were in there...amd if anything was slipped in on purpose, due to the humor of those doing it. (or for foreshadowing, in some cases)
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Yep, Dan Radcliffe has blue eyes, and the movie Harry Potter has blue eyes. You'd think they'd at least make him wear colored contacts or something *sighs* And probably the reason this topic is doing so well is that it's Harry Potter. Enough said, right? Probably the most commercial book of this decade. And some other stuff in the movies...I remember in that scene in POA where they're fighting the boggart in the wardrobe, there's a part where you can see the lights and a camera in the mirror. And then, of course, there've been all those little "plot changes" that make me growl. I want more Dobby!!! grrrrr...
          "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
          Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• they DO give him colored contacts i think...Or at least, they DID. they probably just messed up a bit at some point. :P anyways, eclipse is doing fairly good for itself too at the moment. of coures, it's also a fairly big topic at tjhe moment, so you might just be right.

Comment

• thoughout all the movies that are out they keep changing his eyes color.i mean god first they get it wrong but then they also have to keep changing it... it sucks i mean really... oh well...
              isnt it the mosh antisipated movie and book of the century... i mean they had sold out BEFOR it was even out... i mean seriously that has got to be popular... *sigh* dan is awsome and im soo happy that they didnt sack him oh well.
              its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I'm thinking of the seventh book again. I don't know if anyone said this already, or else I just can't remember, but I think the chapter where they had Harry's friends all drink the polyjuice potion was sort of sad. It was filled with so much irony for me when one of them (Mad-eye, I think) said, "even Voldemort can't split himself into seven pieces..."
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I never even thought of that. You're right that is pretty ironic. Remember in the first book the Weasley twins were singing the song to a slow funeral march? I didn't think anything of it then. Not until Fred died anyway. I thought the book was good but I was still sad as I read it. And not just because I knew that this was the wrong one too.

Emma Watson won the award for female performance at the national movie awards. Daniel Radcliffe got the award for male performance. And the Harry Potter cast and crew got an award for best family movie.

Apparently J.K. Rowling is suing these people in India for making a castle that looks like Hogwarts for some festival. I know I probably just butchered that. So I'm going to give you guys a link. Good night!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071011/ennew_afp/entertai...eligion_071011142707
                  Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                  Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• The thing about Dan's eyes is that they tried to get home to get him to wear the colored contacts, but they really hurt his eyes so he couldn't wear them, which is OK with me 'cause they can make you go blind and I don't want a blind Harry Potter. (wow, that sounds insensitive, dunnit? Well, I don't mean it like that, you know that.)

spyells said:
                    If they mess up the last movie they're going to have a riot on their hands. Trust me.
                    Hellz yeah! Haha...I'm so weird, but yeah, that would be bad. I would seriously bet that there _would_ be a riot.

OT:
                    Oh, yeah, and spyells, I meant to say this like months ago, but I really love your siggy... Annd your icon! hehe...<3 Halloween, it's my favorite holiday...:P

Haha, I read the books after my brothers Our SS is now in <STRIKE>five</STRIKE> six pieces.

And I really like that Hermione pirate story, :P I <3 nautae!

(hehe, I'm such a Latin geek!)
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Thank you. I'm glad someone likes my signature. It took a long time to do because I had to put all of the color codes in. I had to keep checking to see if it was right and if the color codes had took. And I'm glad you like my avatar. I plan to be festive for the upcoming holiday season. In my opinion the holidays have already started with Halloween. So I'll be using other avatars then. But back on topic.

I didn't know that the contacts irritated Daniel Radcliffe's eyes. Does he have eye allergies or something? My little brother does so he has trouble seeing things sometimes. That isn't insensitive. I don't want a blind Harry Potter either. I also wouldn't want them to change actors either just because his eyes were so bad that he couldn't play the part. I'm use to him now.

Comment

• J.K. Rowling recently came to Los Angeles California to read an excerpt from her last book as well as do book signings. I don't know if any of you heard but one of her fans asked about Dumbledore's love life. J.K. Rowling said that she always thought of him as gay. I was surprised by that. But I mean in all seven books we never once saw him with a woman or even a man for that matter. What do you guys think about this? Finding out something new about one of everyones favorite characters. And just when we thought J.K. had revealed all in the last book.

Post your thoughts.

Comment

• Well, my thought is that it's mostly irrelevant, except that it adds a lot more depth to the Grindelwald story.

Come to think of it, Hagrid is the only teacher we see who has a significant otter (not counting the apparent Filch/Pince relationship hinted at during Dumbledore's funeral).

*suddenly has an overwhelming urge to 'ship Lockhart/Trelawney*
                          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Lockhart+Trelawney And I don't really have anything against Dumbledore being gay, in fact, I'm not really all that surprised, though I didn't expect it. *shrugs* I can see why JKR decided not to spill the beans until now, though (magic+homosexuality=doubley-banned-book)
                            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• i was a bit surpised...and i had a thought in the same general arrea earlier, Rhi...not in relationship to why she didn't say it earlier or anything. i just had a brief thought about what all those people who cursed harry potter for being a book of witchcraft would say now that dumbledore was revealed to be gay?

It's rather silly to curse a book for witchcraft anyways...for one thing, there are all these OTEHR books you can be cursing for the same thing, even if they aren't as popular! and for another thing, if you're religious enough to go crazy over the one line in the bible about witchcraft, you should be religious enough to have discovered that the line was a mistranslation and there IS no line in the bible about witch craft. *glares through time at whoever made THAT particular mistake* of course, if they hadn't, we'd just end up with the salem poisoner trials or some such nonsense. heck, chances are, they'd STILL have blamed everything on witchcraft. But i doubt having a religious line on the side of the trials helped matters much...

Comment

• I don't mind finding that out about Dumbledore. Personally that doesn't change my outlook on who he was as a character in the story. He was still a very strong and brave man. One of the best wizards in his time in the book. And will no doubt remain so. But one of my friends who despises homosexuals with a passion was not too happy. Dumbledore was pretty much her favorite character. She quote on quote said "I always imagined him as strong. It has now changed my total outlook on his character. And to think I use to like him to." I asked her how does finding this out about a character especially Dumbledore mean anything. I told her that it didn't change how strong of a man he was and all of the accomplishments that he did in the story. I don't think she'll ever feel the same about the series now. Now that she knows about Dumbledore. Which is sad because I will always love Dumbldore. I can just imagine him humming right now as he walks down the corridor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071021/...ter_dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                                X