Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *would point to my CONSTANT pointing out that that ONE line in the bible was a mistranslation in the first place, but doesn't know where i siad it exaclty*
    it's around though. I think it's in harry potter, at the very least.
    But just tell your parents that it was mistranslated from hebrew, and it's SUPPOSED to say poisoner rather then witch or anything like that. :P
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• They have announced the actress that will be playing Narcissa Malfoy. Her name is Helen McCroy. They said that the actors who will be playing the parts of young Tom Riddle and Lavender Brown should be expected soon. The next movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is scheduled for release on November 21, 2008.
      http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...arcissa-malfoy

The actress who will be playing Lavender Brown has been announced also. Her name is Jessie Cave.
      http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/11/13/jessica-ca...-play-lavender-brown

Also the DVD for Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix has previews of the set for the next movie. I thought it looked pretty awesome.
      http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/11/12/half-blood...vealed-new-quidditch
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Cool. *Can't wait*
        so, who thinks they'll mess up the movie, who thinks it'll be good, who thinks it'll be horrid, and who thinks it'll be the best yet?
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• It really depends on how they do it. For all we know it could turn into some gushy and disgusting romance film. Or they could make it completely romance-less. Or they could make it too weird, or do the part of Dumbledore getting killed in a way that's different than in the book.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• True. Anyone think there's any chance they'll actually get it RIGHT? I for one hope they do...i mean, this is just to crucial a book to go and mess up. Everyone who read the book would be outraged!

Comment

• I hope they do get it right...if they don't...*signals little sister to ready attack squad of her classmates*

OK, so I wouldn't have them attack, but hey, a bunch of ten-year-olds are pretty good at annoying the life out of anyone (the director, editor, and producer, in this case).

What I don't get, is how are they going to do the seventh movie? They keep leaving Dobby out of the movies, so it won't mean as much when he dies. And they never really showed Hermione's obsession with house-elf rights, how are they going to understand why she kissed Ron? They left out a LOT of detail, and they are going to pay for it, with all the disappointed fans they're going to have.
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• they might cut out that kiss. But how are they going to unleash an army of house elves, when they have no idea that there are house elves? Well, kreacher...Ok, that works still. *cheers* No one said they had to be from the kitchen. And it will still hurt, i suppose, even if it's not so meaningufl. A lot of people found Dobby annoying, though, which is why he was cut out i think. *shrugs* It is sad, though...

Comment

• Originally posted by kk:
                  I hope they do get it right...if they don't...*signals little sister to ready attack squad of her classmates*

OK, so I wouldn't have them attack, but hey, a bunch of ten-year-olds are pretty good at annoying the life out of anyone (the director, editor, and producer, in this case).

What I don't get, is how are they going to do the seventh movie? They keep leaving Dobby out of the movies, so it won't mean as much when he dies. And they never really showed Hermione's obsession with house-elf rights, how are they going to understand why she kissed Ron? They left out a LOT of detail, and they are going to pay for it, with all the disappointed fans they're going to have.

Comment

• I think the bad thing would be if they change the reason why Hermione and Ron kiss, and make it something besides house-elves. It would kind of ruin the whole theme of it all, in my opinion.
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Not necesarily...if this was their FIRST kiss, i might agree with you. BUt i think they kiss before that, so while it was a good reason for a kiss, changing it (or deleting it) isn't the most horrid thing they could do...

And i suppose he will be quiditch captain, won't he?

i don't mind you butchering the word, though i WOULD ask that you only butcher it in one way, rather then spelling it a differentway each time. :P (kidding, mostly. I don't really know how to spell it either)

Comment

• Where in the books did they kiss before that? I mean the way they had been acting the whole book I don't think they had kissed before that one time. I don't want that part to get messed up. Just tell me where in any of the seven books it is even hinted at the fact that Ron and Hermione shared a kiss. And I'm not talking about a kiss on the check.

Comment

• I don't remember them kissing! I'm sure I would have remembered if they did, and I don't. Could someone quote where (if) they do kiss earlier than the seventh book?
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I thought they had...I meaned, they just were acting so much like a couple way before than...Unless that's when they did first officially get together, they must have kissed before. if it is when they first ACTUALLY got together, than i guess i'm wrong.

Comment

• I don't ever recall it ever being mentioned that they kissed. And in my opinion all the two really did was argue bitterly about everything. Hermione got with Krum and Ron got with Lavender and all this did was cause drama. I never once saw any hint that the two had shared an intimate moment 'of that kind'. Maybe some looks here and there and even that wasn't really mentioned. I'm just saying I'm not seeing where it was. Maybe if you could give us some idea of which book you got this impression in then we can all look it up for ourselves. To me that's like saying Nita and Kit have already had their first kiss and we know that hasn't happened yet . *realizes that she needs to post in the 'Romance' topic about Nita and Kit and any possible kissing*

Comment

• Originally posted by young reader eight pages ago:
                                <span class="ev_code_WHITE">and i can imagine the howler harry will get when his kids realize he's famous. those who haven't been to hogwarts, don't seem to know...*grins* i'll miss these stories. but i'm happy that it mostly worked out alright, once things were done...and nevile has changed a LOT. and i'm glad harry and ginny are together.</span>WOW that was a lot.
                                Well, who says that the little Potters don't know?

I long foresaw Ginny and Harry and Ron and Hermione being together. I just knew it's happen.

Someone else was saying somewhere around this page.... I'm really not that impressed with the epilogue, either. It shows which of the main characters end up with who, their children and their names, and Neville's job, but that's pretty much it....

And jumping back a bit....

So, when Dumbledore was saying, "Severus... please...." etc. etc. etc. right before Snape killed him, he was pleading Snape TO kill him, to carry out their plan which Dumbledore told Harry about when Harry almost died, right?

Sorry, I'm completely new to this thread. At first I was rebellious against it thread, but.... Where else can I discuss all the Harry Potter books?

I would like to say it'd be great is JKR did what DD does, but I'd say that those forums would be totally SWAMPED all the time.... It wouldn't last a day. And JKR chats? Not a chance. You wouldn't even be able to follow a conversation because of so many people talking at once. That happened one DD chat, when there were about fifteen people active in there.... I can't imagine hundreds. Nope, I prefer the Youngwizards community to be just the size it is, that way we can have more humble conversation and have live chats with the author of the series herself. It's much more formal this way.
                                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
                                X