Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.K. Rowling Speculation, book and movie spoilers. It's okay. But I still need to make sure that everyone knows there is Harry Potter in the topic and we aren't just talking about her next book. I'll consider that one unless I think of something better.
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• whats wrong with the title... we are talking about the movie and book still but we are talking about the authour some... but still you should just leave the title the way it is. its a good one...

hmmmm.................. i had just watched the first four movies with spyells this week and you know what we noticed??? harrys eyes change... they change from blue to green to brown!!WTF!!! oh well
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• it's probably either the colored contact lenses, or the way his eyes catch the light...some eyes change colors when they catch the light in a certain way...usually the lighter colors, like blue or hazel...i have friends who's eyes change color like that.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I just watched the fourth movie for the first time. I hated it. Nothing was like the way it was in the book. Why do these guys keep changing directors they're messing up the books. I liked the third movie better and that's saying something because they didn't follow the book either. I think the first and second movies were the best ones. They actually followed the story. And in the fourth movie where was Dobby?

My brothers and I finished the first book. Now they want to see the movie. I'm so happy already their reading has improved. Yay!!

More of my favorite characters:
          Albus Dumbledore-Even though I just found out all of that stuff about him. I can just imagine him humming to himself as he walks down the hall. Very powerful but no doubt just a little crazy. I love it.
          Lee Jordan-I love his commentary.
          Sirius Black: I wasn't happy when he died. Then again I was pissed when Dumbledore died.
          Neville Longbottom: He's grown up a lot and has had some big changes from the first time we met him in the Sorcerers Stone.
          Dobby the House-Elf-He always protected Harry and I was pissed when he died too. Funny how Harry told Dobby in the Chamber of Secrets not to save his life again. I wish that elf had listened.
          Kreacher the House-Elf-Once he learned to obey Harry.
          Hedwig-That owl is so beautiful. I wasn't happy when it died. I can understand why she had to but it didn't make it easier.

My little brothers favorite picks:
          Ronald Weasely-Both brothers like him they think he's funny.
          Harry Potter
          Hermione Granger-Read bottom for why they like her.
          Neville Longbottom-They like him because in the first book Hermione put that Petrifectus Totalus spell on him and he fell. ( I know I totally butchered the name of the spell.)
          Dolores Umbridge-They saw the preview for the fifth movie. They like her because they think it's funny when she used her wand to pull the kissing kids apart and fix the other kids uniforms.
          Severus Snape-They think he's funny because they saw him hit Ron in the movie preview for the fifth movie.
          Rubeus Hagrid
          Minerva McGonagall
          Lily and James Potter

Keep in mind my brothers are only 8yrs.old.

Comment

• i think they cut dobby out on purpose....everyone HATED the character. i liked him, but he seems to have been voted most annoying character since the creation of jar jark binks. :P and they DID change things, but it was GOOD! i keep on telling you, people stood up in the middle of the movie and applauded! (and it was actually cause they liked it, rather then drowning it out! *pretends to be shocked*) people don't do that for movies that aren't good....yes, they cut things, but remember how big the book was! they had too!
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I love Jar Jar! And I love Dobby! Hmm, I guess I like what other people consider "annoying characters" And something my English teacher told me the other day-when you make a movie out of a book, you don't make a movie out of the book; you convey the feelings and ideas of the book visually, so that's why movies get changed so much. Filmmakers aren't evil because they have to change the script where it's not exactly like the book (but I would love to see more Dobby!! )
              "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
              Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Rhi: You're probably right. I still hated the fourth movie though. And it doesn't help that all of the video games look exactly like the movie either.

Young Reader: Dobby is the best thing to happen to the books. I love the little guy! That's why I was so sad when he died. And to think he died saving Harry's life too.

If there is one thing the movies got wrong it was Harry's eye color. Too bad they didn't know it was going to be important then. For half of the first movie his eyes are blue then they turn green in the second half. In the second movie his eyes are blue. In the third I believe they were either blue or brown. (I have to ask Wizy again) In the fourth movie the only thing they got right was the fact that his eyes were green. And a blue green at that. Well, they did do the beginning right I give them props for that.

In the third and fourth movies there were supposed to be clues that had to do with the last book. I think in the third movie the clue was Snape trying to protect them when the werewolf was about to attack. We already knew Ron and Hermione liked each other but they almost held hands in the movie. In the fourth movie the image of the Deathly Hallows crops up at least once.
                http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/329...hallowsbv2.jpg

But that's what I think. What do you guys think the clues were?

Comment

• i like dobby too! (and jar jar, a bit) but that doesn't change the fact that a large amount of people DON"T! annoying, true, but still...and while i can accept that changes are sometimes neccesary, (i don't mind the ones in harry potter) i have a problem when the story is changed so much that it's unrecognizable...if you can change the names of the characters, and no will go "hey, this is like that book!" it's BAD! i have a problem with people creating an entirely different story, keeping JUST enough of the plot to say it was based on the book, and putting the books title on in order to get more tickits...if you're going to do THAT just create an entirely seperate movie, AND one for the book. you'll sell more tickets anyways that way. :P still, the harry potter movie was VERY good in my oppinion..
                  and does the things said earlier (a few days ago) mean that the defense against the dark arts job really WAS cursed?

Comment

• I guess I have to admit that the Harry Potter movies have never been as messed up as Eragon was. That movie was messed up beyond repair. The fourth movie of Harry Potter was way better than that. Besides the fact that Fleur could have been a little prettier (I mean she was part veela) and the fact that I wanted to see the Quiddich (I know I butchered that name) world cup the movie was still pretty good.

My brothers are going to see the first movie this weekend. I'm renting it for them. This is my reward to them for finishing the book. I mean it's easy to just watch a movie and never read the book. I'm not going to read them the rest of the series. They can do that when they get older. I'm thinking about reading a book to them called "Poison" by Chris Wooding.

I'm going to let my brothers post on here after they see the movie. I'm pretty sure that they'll want to tell you guys what they thought.

Comment

• Said by Spyells:
                      "Lee Jordan-I love his commentary"

I do too! I also enjoyed Luna's commentary, though. I think she did a good job, and it made it funny. What was it she thought one of the players had-loser's lurgey or something?

And I think they left out Dobby in the movie ot kind of show that Neville was smarter or something. Because when it should have been Dobby giving Harry the Gillyweed, they instead have it be Neville. The same with finding the room of requirements.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• dobby was awsome in all way shape and form. i mean having dobby die was sooo wrong. iironic and wrong. i mean in the second movie harry tells dobby to never save his life again. and when he does in the last book he dies!?!?!?! how wrong is that i mean *sniff* he was the best character in the books and when they cut out all the house elfs in the movies it made them in my opinnion alittle more depressing. the house elfs in my opinion give hope to he happy wizard world and a major plot thing (like winky) so ok im done rambaling and screaming and crying...
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• This was my little brothers take on the movies. The little boys loved it. All they can do is talk about it. I'm so happy. And guess what my grandma liked it too. And she use to think it was voodoo until she saw it. Now she can't stop talking about it, yay!

My little brothers thought:
                          The part when Mr.Dursley said to Harry there is no such thing as magic. They thought that part was funny. When Seamus (I know I butchered that name.) was trying to turn the water into rum. They thought it was funny when it exploded. They liked the part when Harry and Ron fought the troll. There best part was when Harry said "Eww, Troll bogies!"

Overall they loved the movie. Even my grandma liked it.

Comment

• ah yes, another person shown the wonders that is harry potter. and it's rather annoying when people call things olike this evil witchcraft....particularly when you recognize that ther'es hnothing actually in the bible about witchews in the first place! there was only ONE line, and it was a mistranslation! *grumbles PROFUSELY over that, since i have wiccan friends*sorry. anyways, you're probably right about making nevile look smarter....they DO need to show his development at least a little if they want his sudden change in the last book to be believable. one other thing: how are they now going to have all the house elves come and help harry? or is kreacher to bring them from all over? i hope they don't cut that out...it somehow strikes me as a funny (if a bit gruesome) seen...particularly with their battle cry.

Comment

• But my grandma was brought up to be very religious though. Even I have my religious moments especially with certain things.

But anyway back on topic. I rented the second movie. My parents aren't for sure if my brothers should see it. I mean keep in mind they are only 8 and huge spiders, snake, and mandrakes (Snake and mandrakes rhyme ) might give them nightmares. We'll see what my parents decide. My parents are thinking that maybe I should warn them of the scary parts before they happen. My parents think that Moaning Myrtle might scare them too.

My brothers are still talking about the first movie and they watched it Sunday!

Comment

• My sister's nine, and she wasn't scared by the snake, mandrake, and spiders. But she is a year older. *thinks of something else to say about the seventh book* Oh, yes, a few of my friends and I were talking, and we thought it was HORRIBLE to kill Fred, and not kill George. They were saying, "Either kill them both, or keep them both alive."
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X