Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSTERIES? ah well, i'll guess i'll just have to give them a try. *hopes they're good* either way, it should be interesting to see what she comes up with...and whether her new writings will manage to match the standerds of her old books.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I bet because of the fame of Harry Potter these new books will be pretty popular. She is already worth a billion dollars. So even if the books aren't that good she is already set. But Harry Potter has now given her a lead. Now that she is known more people are going to be looking for these new books. No doubt they will be compared to Harry Potter. They may be just as good. I mean she is definitely a talented writer.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• it might help, it might hurt....as said, everything done will be compared to harry potter, and while people might still buy them, she might have put forth an expectation that she won't neccesarily be able to meet....i mean, how would you like it if you did one great thing, and from that day forth every single things worth was determined in comparison to that ONE event? Everyone will expect another harry potter, and if she can't give it people might just be disappointed. either way, she's set for life, as you pointed out, but still...writers write, and it'll be sad if these new books don't make it.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I just read somewhere that the detective story was false. I don't believe it only because it was at least on the news over the internet. What do you guys think?

Comment

• i think she really intends to do it...and i also think i intend to read it! mystery isn't necessarily my favorite of the gendras, but it's not a bad one, and if it's by jk rowling...i might as well give it a shot. :P *looks forward to reading the series*

Comment

• hey i was wondering was it true that JKR was going to really write that afterword book??? i heard that she was but im not a hundred persent sure.
              its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Of course it's true Wizy. She said so herself.
                I only heard that the detective stuff was false. But I've never been aware of Yahoo! lying. So I'm guessing it's true about the detective stuff. I just hope it's good and I'm not going to be wasting my money.

Comment

• Rowling's commentary and supplement

In an interview[4] and online chat,[5][6][7] Rowling gave additional information on the futures of the main characters that she chose not to include in the epilogue of the book. She stated that Harry becomes an Auror at the Ministry of Magic, and is later appointed head of the department. He keeps Sirius's motorcycle, which Arthur Weasley repaired for him, but can no longer speak Parseltongue after the destruction of Voldemort's soul fragment inside him. Ginny Weasley plays for the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team for a time, then becomes the lead Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.

Ron works for a time with George at his store, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and later becomes an Auror. Hermione finds her parents in Australia and removes the memory modification charm she put on them. She initially works for the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk. She later moves to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and assists in eradicating oppressive, pro-pureblood laws.

Rowling also explained the fates of several secondary characters. George Weasley runs his successful joke shop, initially helped by Ron. George names his first child Fred, after his late twin brother. Luna Lovegood searches the world for odd and unique creatures. She eventually marries Rolf, a grandson of the famed naturalist, Newt Scamander.[7] Her father's publication, The Quibbler, has returned to its usual condition of "advanced lunacy" and is appreciated for its unintentional humour. Firenze is welcomed back into his herd, who acknowledge that his pro-human leanings were not shameful, but honourable. Dolores Umbridge is arrested, interrogated, and imprisoned for crimes against Muggle-borns.

There has been a transformation in the wider wizarding world. Kingsley Shacklebolt becomes the Minister for Magic, with Percy Weasley working under him as a high official. As one of the reforms introduced by Shacklebolt, Azkaban no longer uses Dementors. Consequently, the world is now a "much sunnier place". Harry, Ron and Hermione also change the work culture at the Ministry in their respective capacities. At Hogwarts, Slytherin House has become more diluted and is no longer the pureblood bastion it once was. Nevertheless, its dark reputation lingers. Voldemort's jinx on the Defence Against the Dark Arts (DADA) position is broken with his death, and there is a permanent DADA teacher. A portrait of Snape does not appear in the headmaster's office as he abandoned his post before dying. Harry intends to lobby for the addition of Snape's portrait, and reveals to all Snape's true allegiance.
                  Found this on Wikipedia. It mentions who Luna married as well as what happened to the others. I thought Luna was going to get with Neville. I hope Albus got into Slytherin. J.K. Rowling never said what house he got in.

Comment

• lol... thats funny... its even better because you double posted... lol... so whats up with luna and the crazy interesting creatures. i mean didnt she fiind any nergals???
                    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Hmm, so basically your fairy-tale "happily ever after" ending And it sounds like Luna keeps on looking for her krazy kritters, I bet that she proves the existence of Nargals, that would be so perfect Go Loony Lovegood!

Something I'm wondering, did Neville get the sword from the Sorting Hat because of the "true Gryffindor" business, and so does that mean that it just disappeared from Griphook and reappeared for Neville? I can imagine there might be an angry goblin on the loose, even though it did help kill Voldemort...
                      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Neville is a true Gryffindor alright. I use to say I wouldn't trust him with my life but I guess now I'll have to change my mind. Who ever would've thought that the school screw up would help save everyone in the end. I'm just saying. I'm guessing that it did just disappear from Griphook's hands. No one ever said what happened to him either. Plus in the second book Dumbledore told Harry that only a true Gryffindor could pull that sword out of a hat. He said it in the movie too. I know because I just watched it. Remember in the first book Neville fought Crabbe and Goyle. That was so cool!

It would be just perfect if Luna proved the existence of Nargals. I mean who better than her? I never imagined her marrying someone like that. Then again she was so loony I'm not sure I imagined her marrying anyone.

Apparently the Detective Novel was a red herring.
                        http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/art...ticle_continue

Comment

• ummm. spyells i still would trust him with my life... but any way now that the serise is over why dont we all name our favorite characters and what we think of all the others...
                          personally i think malfoy is gay *gasp*
                          hermionie is awsome
                          and luna is my #1 favorite one
                          rons mom #2 a
                          and
                          ginny #3

Comment

• it's nice to see how well things turned out...and i guess she couldnt put all THAT in the epilouge! it would be as long as the book, if she wanted to artistically spread those facts through without straining the story....which might not have been TOO bad, but i doubt she'd be willing to do that. :P i wonder how her next tail would be....(maybe we should rename the topic j.K rowling writing speculation?

Comment

• That's a good thought Young Reader. I'll think about it. Maybe changing the thread name might be smart. We aren't just talking about the books any more. But I would like all of the new people to this topic to be warned that there are still some Harry Potter spoilers and speculation. I mean not everyone one on this site has posted on this thread and it might simply be because they don't have the last book yet or that they only read what we all post and don't comment. That's fine but I don't want to spoil the last book for anyone or the fifth movie if they haven't seen it yet and are waiting for it to come out on DVD. What do the rest of you think? And what should the new title be?

Wizy my favorite characters in the series are...

Molly Weasley-This is a most recent find.
                              Harry Potter-I mean he is the hero.
                              Hermione Granger-People use to call me a know it all in freshmen year. I liked being a know it all. It's cool.
                              Ronald Weasley-I use to think the actor was cute. Is that a crime?
                              Fred and George Weasley-These guys are hilarious. My brothers like them too. It might have to do with the fact that they're twins also.
                              Rubeus Hagrid-I love this big guy!

There is more but I'll post it later.

Comment

• maybe jk rowling speculation, book and movie spoilers would be good? i like ALL The characterws! and molly weasly was WONDERFUL in the last book....*grins* i mean, i LOVED that line. even if it DID contain the one curse in the entire SERIES. (i'm basically uniqu among teens cause i NEVER curse...though i don't mind others cursing.) that line was just brilliant....*grins*

Comment

Working...
                                X