Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was very un happy with the epilogue. It didn't sound much like JKR, and even though I know she wrote it, It was probably the worst piece of her writing ever .
    I was of a Harry Potter chat, the day after the 7th book came out(it's the only time i've been on a HP chat because I wanted to discuss the book) there were tons of people on the chat, and it was almost impossible to have a converstion! So... I hope there is actually a chat here sometime because it sound like a lot more fun. I like the size of the YW community a lot, because you can actually have a conversation with not to many people.
    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Oh, it is a lot more fun....

There was a time when this site's own chat room was open 24/7, whether there was a moderator in it or not.

I talked about that whole thing in the Welcome message I PMed you when you first joined here. *Glares*
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Good, then we need to start a chat sometime soon.*Looks around confusedly*(I don't even know if that's a word... I don't thik so...) How do the PM things work? I don't get it. Is it like an e-mail?*looks around apolegetically*(I don't think I spelled it right...)

Comment

• Wolf_Wizard
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Wolf Wizard knows all this; I sent him? her? a Welcome Message like I do everyone who registers here. I explained that already.

The way I explain it is (to contact me specifically):

Find one of my posts in the main forums,
            Click my name,
            Click "Invite EricG1793 to a private topic"
            and enter the information in the boxes.

And if you want to access a private message without going through Email,

Go to youngwizards.net/eve,
            Click Personal Zone,
            Select "Private Messaging" at the left,
            And click the title of the private topic you wish to access.

I just did in nine lines what spyells did in about twenty. And my lines aren't even full lines.
            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• OK, I get it now. Sorry for my ignorence. Thanks for helping , even if we did start to drift of topic *waits for moderator to com, and start yelling at everyone*
              Hehehe
              (their probably going to say something about PMing each other, which is what was being explained, if they read this)

Comment

• Wolf Wizard wanted someone to explain it. Apparently they didn't understand your wonderful instructions.

Anyway we need to get back on topic.

Comment

• Okay, back on topic...
                  Spyells said:
                  I'm kind of worried about all of the stuff that is going to happen between Ginny and Harry. Not to mention all of the stuff that is going to happen between Ron and Lavender. I don't want the movie to become this one huge love story.
                  *laughs ruefully* The 6th book pretty much WAS a huge gushy love story; not much actual plot besides the relationship stuff happens until the end...
                  YR:
                  if this was their FIRST kiss, i might agree with you. BUt i think they kiss before that
                  I'm not sure if I agree or not, I mean, I kinda do and kinda don't. I can see it either way I guess...

They'd better bring Dobby back. I want Dobby. I don't care if it doesn't make sense to all of a sudden just have him again, just bring back Dobby!!! Oh wait a minute, no, don't bring back Dobby or else I'll have to watch him die in the seventh movie I wouldn't be able to handle that Oh no, I'm going to cry so much during the 7th movie...
                  "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                  Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Yeah, the sixth book was my least favorite, because of all the gushy stuff that was throughout the entire book. I really want Dobby back, because it's extremely wrong to just forget him in the movie, and the people who only see the movie will never really apreciate his character enough. I guess it would also be bad because I don't want to have to see him die, and (though I wouldn't admit this to anyone else, since you guys don't know me) cry again . I feel kind of like a loser, or whatever, because I don't know anyone else who cryed at that part. Also, if they make him die, the people who have just seen the movies will feel sad, but not cry (my family), and the people who have read the book (at least the ones who really enjoyed it) will be crying as the re-live the experience of a beloved character dieing (me), except you can see a picture of it in front of you on the screen. I know, it's really stupid of me to cry for characters in books, but I really enjoyed the HP books, and that's just the way I am. Is anyone else like this, or is it just me ? (I'm unhappy the books are over)

Comment

• All of the offline friends I have HATE Dobby. He's getting close to becoming my favorite character, and they HATE him. I cried when he died in the book. They laughed. *screams at the cruelty of misunderstanding humans*
                      (Whoa, I almost sounded like my friend there, who feels that humans being wiped out would be a good thing...that's a creepy thought)
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• First off, wolf wizard... I'll just give you teensy warning, but when kli6 sees more than five or so smilies in one post, she'll freak out, (and she has a right to, they take up a lot of bandwidth, apparently) so don't do that.

Also I an neutral about Dobby dying.

As far as us humans being wiped out would be a good thing... in some ways yes, some ways no. Let's take that to the philosophical topics/speeches thread. In fact, I'll make a post about this in there right now.

Comment

• Oh. Sorry, I didn't know. I didn't want anyone to start freaking out or anything. So I suppose it would be best if I stop before I get thrown in jail*backs up veeeerrrry slowly* I'm sorry kk, it's kind of unfair to be surrounded by peopel who hate Dobby. I don't see how anyone could . OK, I'll stop useing the smiley faces now (or maybe not).

Comment

• Constuction has started on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. I'm really looking forward to it.
                            http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/12/3/constructio...ry-potter-in-florida

One of my friends told me that the sixth book was his favorite. But to be quite honest the only time that I reread that one was before the last book came out. I couldn't even remember everything that happend in that one. I still don't. But I still liked that one especially since Harry was Quidditch captain.

Now I think regardless of whether many people like Dobby or not he is still an important character to the plot. But as we've already seen they can find ways to get around simple plots like that by having Neville do what needs to be done.

Wolf Wizard I wouldn't worry about how many smilies I use. But then again I never care about how many smilies I use. Don't worry about it.

Comment

• I think that the fifth was my favorite. Especially the cover. So blue, so mysterious.... And royal blue is my absolute favorite color.

Does anyone else here have the Aero Fox Theme for Firefox? If anyone does, the scroll bars are my favorite kind of blue. The darker part of them. I like the light part, too, but I like the darker part the best. The lighter part of the bar is very similar color the the words on the cover of book 5.

The thing I don't like about the Harry Potter series is that it's so repetitious.... Especially the last one. I mean, in all the books it's the usual Quidditch matches in the background, some kind of crisis going on with one of the teachers, Harry's scar hurting him, Harry being left in the dark, so to speak, about many secrets from Dumbledore... I guess this is all to cover up the end event or challenge that is pretty much the only thing different from book to book.

However, with the YW series.... The storyline is different in every book. In spite of the fact that the whole book is usually made around one task, the story format changes a lot. For example, there are different characters, and different ones being focused on, different places to go, different forms of wizardry often being introduced... and a whole lot of surprises. It's not that I hate the HP series, it's just that they're kind of repetitious.

Comment

• Please, let's not compare the two series. They are two of my favorite series, and I think they are both quite different. I also don't want to get into a long arguement with someone, because, it's really a large waste of space. Anyway, why judge a book by it's cover? I don't really have a favorite book in the series, though I know it's definetly not the sixth or last book.

Comment

Working...
                                X