Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can't remember whether the one who lost his ear was the one who died, or didn't die...and i think the loss of one was probably to both keep the grief levels up, and also so that their dream wouldn't COMPLETLEY die...we'd also a bit more upset with yet another death, maybe, if for different reasons. and moaning myrtile wasn't scary! a little bit funny, a little bit strange...a little bit pathetic in the book at times. (not her fault, it's just that she spends her entire time in a toilet...most of the ghosts don't do that. nevertheless, she's nice sometimes. :P) but not scarry!
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Young Reader you have to think about it from a small child's point of view. Not a teenagers point of view. Anyway Fred didn't lose the ear George did. Fred is the one that died.

My brothers saw the second one. We were surprised that they thought the scary stuff was funny. But they didn't see it in theaters either. Plus I warned them before a scary part would come up.

My brother is cute. One of them came up to me and said "The thirr one is Harry Potter and the Prizer of Azkaban?" (He couldn't say it right. ) I said "Yeah, are you trying to tell me something?" He said "Yes."
      Bold much? I thought it was cute though. But it got me thinking. You see for school they have to do the home reading club. I'm thinking if I tell my brothers they have to read the book first then they can do that for the book club. And then for a reward for finishing it I'll rent "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban". I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. But since they like Harry Potter I want to get them into reading. It isn't a bad thing. And most of us on this web site read a lot. It helps because you learn stuff that way.

This is the official site of British actress Emma Watson . Apparently she has another movie possibly in the works. And yes she will be in the last two Harry Potter movies.
      http://www.emmawatsonofficial.com/

It looks like Daniel Radcliffe will be performing the broadway show "Equis" in New York next year. You know the show where he's nude.
      http://broadway.yahoo.com/news/urn:newsml:stage.reuters...5:radcliffe_dc:81598
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• ok, thanks for that...and i still don't see her being scary though. no more so then nearly headless nick anyways...the bloody baron might be scary if they showed him (do they?) but not really moaning mertyle...but maybe some WOULD be scared i suppose. depends on the kid,a nd the age...
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• OMG my step mother acsedently gave my third movie to blockbuster.. its soo horrible im going to cry.... oh well i think that now that the movie is over we can safly gossipe about what happend to them so any suggestions???
          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Do you mean the third movie or the fifth movie? I'm pretty sure if you gave someone the chance (my cousin) they wouldn't mind fussing about how bad the fifth movie was. Trust me. It looks like from what I heard filming of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will start pretty soon. And it also seems that the same guy that directed the fifth movie will also direct the next one. Let's see if this one will be better.

If you would like to join Dumbledore's army then this is the site for you.
            http://joindumbledoresarmy.warnerbros.com/

I got that link from the official site for the movie "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix" so that is a legit link and no it isn't spam or anything else.

J.K. Rowling is coming to Los Angeles next month. Some Elementary schools in the surrounding area have been invited to attend. She will be signing the last book and she will be reading from it. Of course my high school didn't make the list. I'm jealous.

Comment

• *Still says the fifth movie was GOOD* unless you're watching it with subtitles in denmark apparently, from what ruby wolf told me....*shrugs* i hope they don't mess it up though....they shouldn't mess up dumbledore's death. and they REALLY shouldn't mess up the last movie either...*Would be rather upset with them if they did that*

Comment

• If they mess up the last movie they're going to have a riot on their hands. Trust me. And to be quite honest most people were so sad or in my case pissed that Dumbledore died that if they can't even get that right. You know I can't even say how mad I'll be. The next movie should be coming out sometime next year. So we all have a year to hope they get it right.

My brothers and I are going to start the third book. I think they want to see the movie more, but I want to improve their reading scores first. They aren't where they should be.

Comment

• i like the avatar by the way. :P i don't think that J.K rowling will LET them mess it up.,..i mean, sure WE were horrified, but think how SHE felt? she created the guy! as i said earlier, she actually cried for a LONG time when she first realized that dumbledore had to die, and she couldn't even tell anyone why she was crying...of course, when it actually HAPPENED it didn't really effect her because she'd grieved over his death MONTHS ago...*wonders how she reacted when she thought up the last book*

Comment

• Young Reader you're probably right. But I liked the first two movies better than the others. Just how much say so does an author get in a movie? I bet she felt dreadful when she thought up the last book. She didn't kill Harry. (Well in a way she did but anyway. For a second there while reading it I thought he was dead. I was happy too. The master of death who would've thought. ) But she killed enough to let you know that this was the end of it. I bet she cried for months. Just like she did when writing Dumbledore's death. I wonder how she felt when she killed Sirius?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pgs. 406-409

The Tale of the Three brothers

Trimmed: most probably too long to be considered Fair Use -- gf
                    <span class="ev_code_RED">Wasn't that a nice little fairy tale! I'm impressed with my little brothers. One of my brothers picked up the "Chamber of Secrets" and read the whole first chapter and half of the second all by himself. And at the same time I was reading the "Prisoner of Azkaban" with my other brother. I can honestly say we both read half and half. He's on Ch.3 now! </span>

Comment

• usually they don't really have that much...but jk had quite a lot! and apparently payyed a bit of a price on it...it's hard to get much writing done when you have to contantly look over all those movies i'm guesssing. still;, if it wawsnn't for her who KNOWS whow the movies would have ended up!

Comment

• That is true. The movies would have been worse if she hadn't had some say so.

My brothers progess goes as follows... Twin #1 is on chapter three of Chamber of Secrets and currently on chapter 2 of Prisoner of Azkaban. Twin #2 is on chapter 4 of Prisoner of Azkaban. (Twin #1 started the Chamber of Secrets while we were still reading the Prisoner of Azkaban.)

My favorite Harry Potter books are the Chamber of Secrets and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I love how in the third book they go back in time and make everything right. I like to read stories that have to do with time. It's just a thing with me. I just think the second one was the best in the series anyway. I loved the story line and the plot. So I guess the second movie was my favorite one.

What is your favorite book in the Harry Potter series? What's your favorite Harry Potter movie? Why?

Comment

• i don't have a favorite book...i actually liked this latest movie best i think. (though i'm not sure...i loved all the movies. :P i'm very uncriticle when it comes to movies and books it seems. :P)

Comment

• http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Apparently there is a threat of a strike. Some British actors are going to be going on strike. Which could put a halt on the production of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" as well as other big films that are due for release in 2008.

Emma Watson has finished the production of her television movie of "Ballet Shoes". She is excited. That's what she says on her official site.
                            www.emmawatsonofficial.com

Jim Broadbent will be playing Horace Slughorn in the sixth Harry Potter movie. The actors are currently in rehearsal right now and sources say they will start filming shortly.

And last but not least it's Hermione Grangers birthday!

Comment

• You were a day late on that one, Spy. :-)

Hermione's birthday isn't the only thing that happens on September 19, though...
                              "Hey, It's Can(n)on!", by Tom Smith (CC-BY-NC-SA)

Ye've read the Harry Potter books, ye think ye know 'em through
                              But there's something that ye may not know, and here's a little clue:
                              The female of the Trio has her birthday on
                              Talk Like A Pirate Day so heads up, Harry and Ron!

When she found out, her eyes she rolled, an' she went on knittin' socks,
                              But Harry said, "I've got the gold, let's head down to the docks,"
                              They traded lots o' Galleons for a lovely brigantine,
                              And now they're her young stallions and she's a pirate queen!

Come here, ye lads and lasses, I tell ye, she's the one,
                              Give a cheer and raise yer glasses, but not till class is done
                              Though she's only seventeen, she's smarter than Dumbledore,
                              Hermione Granger, the Pirate Queen, the pride of Gryffindor!...
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Yeah you see I was home sick yesterday. In fact I still am. So I only posted it because I had the time. Thanks for the correction though. My brain feels like musch. I know I missed spelled something because I have to keep going back and fixing it. See look at that I can't even type properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X