Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hits rhi with full body bind charm and draggs off to middle of forrest.* how can you like him i mean he was insane by the million. i mean who is good (when your really good at being bad) for only one person, i mean god... uhhh i loved molly of cource but who didnt. and i think it was interesting that harry and ginny got togeter, i didnt think they talked all that much?
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I honestly never knew that Molly had it in her. But hey I'm not complaining.

I guess Rhi is right. Even in real life people have their ups and downs. And no matter how I see it books sometimes reflect real life. That's where authors get their material from anyway.

I wonder why the basilisk fangs were still poisonous. I mean hadn't it been five years since the reopening of the Chamber of Secrets? I thought it's venom would've dried up by now.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Well, basilisk venom is supposed to be one of the most potent and fatal poisons in the wizarding world, so I suppose that it must last for a long time. Maybe it's like poison ivy in that respect As for Ginny and Harry not talking that much, what about those "secluded hours on the Hogwarts grounds"? I think they make a lovely couple And Molly was awesome of course
        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Do you guys remember that J.K. Rowling said there would be foreshadowing of events in both the third and fourth films for the last book. I found what someone posted on the internet. Apparently the symbol of the Deathley Hallows appears in the fourth film. If this is it then what was the foreshadowing in the third movie?
          http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/329...hallowsbv2.jpg

Rhi I know nothing about poison ivy. So I'll take your word for it.

And Harry and Ginny did have a lot of time alone on the grounds. Oooooh!

Comment

• Spyells:
            I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the fact that Snape was good.
            But the thing is, he wasn't good. JKR said that herself, she said that Snape was not a hero. And he wasn't. What he was was in a deep and inquenchable love. If Harry wasn't Lily's son, he wouldn't have cared, he hated James and was very much jealous of him. Since Harry looked so much like him, of course he hated him. But then, he would see those eyes...

Snape is an almost tragic character. I began to feel very sorry for him the last couple of chapters...when harry looks in the pensieve, that's what did it for me...I didn't like Snape, but I had pity for him. And pity for Voldemort, and pity for the Malfoys, especially Draco. Snape wasn't truly evil, he was just a coward who happened to be a genius. If he could lie to Voldemort, he was a very powerful wizards indeed. I think he was just below Dumbledore and Voldemort in terms of power. He made his own spells as a student...which the death eaters used, and often, many years later....definately a strong character.

Spyells again:
            I still can't believe that Dumbledore was so bad
            *sigh* I can. Yes, the final heartbreaker, disillusionment. Dumbledore was a great, great wizard. And, as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. Many teenagers, though not all, have a habit of seeing things in an entirely, and sometimes very grim, light, and are often compulsive enough to act on their ideas. We see this in Harry, though his view wasn't as crooked as Dumbledore's was at his age. Poor Dumbledore...we had to lose his sister, brother, and world to realise his terrible deeds...but at least he did, and came down to the truth in the end, however brutal, and did what needed to be done. Better yet, he learned that he wasn't good with power, and always, always resisted temptation. That makes Albus Dumbledore a good man. And, of course, Harry's lack of problem and being shoved into responsibility instead of craving it, made him a great man. As Albus said, "Harry, you're a better man than I am."

And didn't just break your heart how he broke down and cried about his sister, even in the afterlife? Oh, that made me cry so much. Actually, I cried a lot in this book. But it was good. If I didn't cry, I'd be worried. And Jeez, I thought Hermione was dead for a minute, when that chandeliere fell ....oh man, that had me so frightened, for, you see, Hermione and I think very much alike, to the point of I can predict what she's going to do. Almost. I <3 Hermione! And ron.. ronald weasley..."HERMIONEHERMIONE! HERMIONE!!!!!"

What a cute couple, though. I don't think I'd live if either died.

What really worries me is what will happen to George. He didn't just loose his brother...he lost his twin, his other part of himself, his best friend, a half of his soul...Oh, poor George, that was a cruel, cruel thing to do to you...*huggles George* Poor man, poor, poor man...

And how about Aberforth! I can honestly say, I did not see that coming. At all. Nuh-uh.

Mrs. Weasley ROCKS!! "GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU ----wITCH!!"

I actually laughed out loud at that, you sort of were hinted that she was a good witch, but man, who knew! I mean, if Hermione was battling her with two other girls and was not making any headway....

I gotta say, I really did like this book. A lot.

All in all, a very satisfying ending to a beloved and oh so magical series.
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• i think mrs. weasly's attack was the best line in the ENTIRE book. *falls over laughing* hillarious. and while i don't like snape, i agr3ee with one thing everyone says: he was complex. he was real. he might not have been a good person, but he was a good character...and in the end, while most will never love him as a person, all have to admit: the story just wouldn't be the same without him. *can't wati for the next movie* it's the only harry potter based thing i have left to look forward too!
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I hope they really don't screw up the next movie. I really hope they show Dumbledore's death right. I mean it might make me sadder but at least it would've been done right. They always seem to mess up the movies in some way.

Comment

• i don't think the movies are messed up...just changed a bit. having the movie and the book fit eachother exactly just wouldn't work...it sounds nice, but things you can put in a book don't always work out on the screen...and you also have to keep in mind the actual SIZE of these books! they HAVE to cut some things, even if we wish they wouldn't...but i hope they do it good too. *doesn't want this to be messed up at ALL*
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• We all need to contact the director and tell him what we think. (I think our bloopers though might really make him retire ) Maybe that way he wont mess anything up. I thought the first two movies were boring. I thought the third one was not up to my standards. I never saw the fourth one. And everyone knows what I think about the fifth.

Comment

• don't make him retire! it would delay the moviess! *Looks horrified* they're the only things i have left to look forward to in the harry potter wizarding world! *grins* i still think teddy should be living with harry...he's probably teddy's closest non evil relative.

Comment

• yr, the movies aren't the only harry potter things to look forward to! Haven't you heard about the theme park?

I absolutely loved the book, I liked basically everything about it. I kneew snape was probably going to be a good guy, but I didn't expect Dumbledore to be sort of evil (I don't think he was really evil, he almost had harry killed, but I mean, Harry survived). I really liked Ron's line about the house elves. I thought he was going to have them fight too, I didn't expect him to want them saved. And then there was Molly, and I agree with everyone on that. It was an awesome line.
                        The saddest thing about Fred dying is that the twins won't be able to continue the joke shop (their dream) together anymore. *sigh* Now there will be only one Mr. Weasly running Wealy's Wizard Wheezes.
                        I cried sooo much reading this book, especially about Snape dying, and seeing Lily's eyes. I was coming back from vacation while I was reading it, and my parents could not understand why I was crying when we were driving back home. It had a cool ending, though it was sad.
                        I think that the story of the deathly hallows was a pretty cool thing. They didn't see that coming in all those "What will happen in Harry Potter 7" and "Muggles and Magic" books that are now, like, 75% off on sale at my local bookstore. No one seems to want them anymore. I paged through them, and it included nothing of the hallows. They wouldn't have been able to guess, anyway.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• i thought some one else ended up joining george...*maybe is mis remembering* anyways, what are my chances of going to the theme park any time soon? really! and dumbledore was only doing what he thought was necessary to save the entire world...dumbledore isn't entirely good, and snape isn't entirely evil. (he's still kinda bad, since he would have been with voldemort if not for lilly, but the fact that he loved her is at least a redeeming quality...evil doesn't love.) in short, their just two normal people, each leaning towards a different path in life, yet both somehow ending up along the same road, if for different reasons....

Comment

• Everyone makes mistakes; at least Dumbledore learned from his. And Snape was a sad victim of the worst of the worst-he gave into peer pressure (hanging out w/future Death Eaters) and became attracted to the power the Dark Arts offered. That's part of what Dumbledore meant when he told Harry to "pity the living and the maimed souls" or something like that...*is too lazy to go look up the exact conversation*

I'm recording my very own audiobook of Sorceror's Stone so I can hook my sister into Harry Potter, maybe get her reading She claims that she gets bored when she tries reading the book for herself but she listens when I read it to her, so hopefully this is gonna work... *crosses fingers*
                            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Ron ends up helping George to run Weasley Wizard Wheezes. In fact they turn it into a huge successful business.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Weasley
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasleys%27_Wizard_Wheezes

I also posted that in a past post guys. *sighs* I can't wait for the theme park. It will be fun going through all the places in the book. Just the way they are imagined.

Lately people have been asking me what is all the hype about Molly Weasley so I'm posting the passage just so people don't question my signature.

"Harry Potter and the Deathley Hallows" Pg. 735-737

Bellatrix was still fighting too, fifty yards away from Voldemort, and like her master she dueled three at once: Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, all battling their hardest, but Bellatrix was equal to them, and Harry's attention was diverted as a Killing Curse shot so close to Ginny that she missed death by an inch-He changed course, running at Bellatrix rather than Voldemort, but before he had gone a few steps he was knocked sideways.
                              "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU <span class="ev_code_WHITE">BITCH</span> !" <span class="ev_code_RED">(Just in case this gets beeped. *itch* and add a 'B' to the beginning )</span>
                              Mrs. Weasley threw off her cloak as she ran, freeing her arms. Bellatrix spun on the spot, roaring with laughter at the sight of her new challenger.
                              "OUT OF MY WAY!" shouted Mrs. Weasley to the three girls, and with a swipe of her wand she began to duel. Harry watched with terror and elation as Molly Weasley's wand slashed and twirled, Bellatrix Lestrange's smile faltered and became a snarl. Jets of light flew from both wands, the floor around the witches' feet became hot and cracked; both women were fighting to kill.
                              "No!" Mrs. Weasley cried as a few students ran forward, trying to come to her aid. "Get back! Get back! She is mine!"
                              Hundreds of people now lined the walls, watching the two fights, Voldemort and his three opponents, <span class="ev_code_RED">(Voldemort's three opponents were McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley. Which he was dueling all at once.)</span> Bellatrix and Molly, and Harry stood, invisible, torn between both, wanting to attack and yet to protect, unable to be sure that he would not hit the innocent.
                              "What will happen to your children when I've killed you? taunted Bellatrix, as mad as her master, capering as Molly's curses danced around her. "When Mummy's gone the same way as <span class="ev_code_RED">(I'm going to write the last word of her sentence out. It is a person that already died in the book. So don't say you weren't warned.) </span> <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Freddie</span> ?"
                              "You-will-never-touch-our-children-again?" screamed Mrs. Weasley
                              Bellatrix laughed, the same exhilarated laugh her cousin Sirius had given as he toppled backward through the veil, and suddenly Harry knew what was going to happen before it did.
                              Molly's curse soared beneath Bellatrix's outstretched arm and hit her squarely in the chest, directly over her heart.
                              Bellatrix's gloating smile froze, her eyes seemed to bulge: For the tiniest space of time she knew what had happened, and then she toppled, and the watching crowd roared, and Voldemort screamed."

Comment

• According to this article J.K. Rowling is now working on an detective novel. She is now going to write crime fiction. It sounds all right to me as long as it's good I'm not complaining.
                                http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070819/...people_rowling

Comment

Working...
                                X