Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm... ya im sad that it ended the way it did... if she didnt put the darn 19 years later bit in there it would have been fine. it sounded like she was rusing whatever she was trying to do. oh well im just happy it ended. sortof. i mean it cannt go on forever and we all had a feeling it would only be about seven book though.
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Comment

• I finished it today and was kinda dissapointed. I really wanted the end to be a big bloody war when it really wasn't that bad. Sure some people died, but I was hoping EVERYONE would die. Well, not everyone, not fred or george, or hedwig, but the main characters. They were starting to bug me A LOT. The bickering was constant and was annoying and a lot of it could have been left out. Yea it showed time were rough, but still, it made me want to throw throw the whole Potter universe down the drain. And that epilogue was pretty bad too. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but like some of you said, it was like a fanfic piece about how Ginny and Harry and Ron and Hermione got together and had lots of babies and everyone was happy. I would have thought that she could go deeper than that. I so hoped that the big V would win too. I know, I'm evil, but I go for the evil ones cause they usually never win.
        In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

• I was satisfied with the book. My only problem was that we didn't see Tonks and Lupin die. I wanted them to die like Sirius, where we could understand that he was dead, not just all of a sudden meet their spirits.
          I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• we didn't just see their spirits. you might have missed it, but they were among the list of the dead BEFORE that. but it was only a brief mention...and fred...it's NOT a good thing to come into the middle of a conversation where everyone's upset about all the deaths and voice a wish that everyone died....it just doesn't work out, usually. and can we PLEASE decide whether to white out spoilers or not? i mean, half the spoilers are in white, half are as plain as day...we should probably simply decide on one, or we'll just defeat the of itpurpose.
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• YR, Im not saying that everyone should have died. I would have replaced harry for <span class="ev_code_WHITE">fred</span>anytime. That's all Im saying.
              In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

• I completely agree that I would have rather had Harry die than just about anyone who did die.

I still think Remus had a complete personality transplant. Yes, he freaked out, but he is, by nature, an intelligent person. He lived through ALL the insanity of his werewolfiness for his entire life, and then he marries Tonks and doesn't take any PRECAUTIONS not to have a child??? And then when he DOES have a child he freaks out and starts acting like the exact opposite of himself??? And then one rant from Harry and he's back to being regular old Remus? I'm just not buying it.

Can't stand the epilogue...I don't WANT more info. I don't WANT the 19 years in the future stuff, because these books aren't about the characters 19 years from now, and they never will be. They're about growing up, and the 19 years bit ruined it all, and tried to make it about something else. I don't know what, but SOMETHING else.

Also, Tonks kinda got a personality change too. She seemed entirely useless in this book unless Remus was around, and she was SO utterly amazing in OOTP. Plus JKR can't write romance to save her life...
                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                I promise not to funfun anymore
                Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I must say that I thought that the final book in the series was amazing, and I'm glad to discuss it finally.

It made me bitter, but I think that Hedwig was killed simply because she had no place in the last book. Someone mentioned the difficulty of using her in hiding; this is what I mean. They were meant to be isolated from the outside world and so they couldn't have her. Her death also showed the randomness of war; the most innocent pay the price, and noone can predict who dies. *moment of silence for Hedwig*

I do also think that Dobby's death was the most poignant though. I cried for him- in addition to the reasons that have been mentioned, his death was particularly moving because at that moment, they had escaped from a situation that looked pretty much hopeless at first, and with noone dead of it no less. I remember thinking that Hermione was dead for part of that scene. I was shocked, and then relieved when I found out she lived. *moment of silence for Dobby*

Finally, though I hadn't really noticed it while reading, Remus and Tonks were weird throughout the book. Basically, I agree with that whole second paragraph of Cress's. I had not problem with the end though; I think that Ginny would have wanted to remember those of Harry's loved ones whose names her children bear; she knew Dumbledore too, and would respect Harry's situation of losing his parents. Who's to say she didn't choose the middle names of the others either?

OK, one last thing: wasn't there a lot of discussion of the fact that all the books ended in the word "scar" before this one came out? I eventually checked all my copies, and they end in nothing of the kind. Before I checked my copy of Goblet of Fire, which I believe is the British version, I thought it could have been something about my versions of the books. Was it only a debate about whether Deathly Hallows would end in it? Someone please help me.

[Edited to add a moment of silence for Dobby]
                  "Half of the ehhif on the planet go to bed with empty stomachs: the other half die of eating themselves sick...." -Rhiow,The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

• *Is silent for a moment for Hedwig and Dobby*

Well, I finally figured out that "gleam of triumph" from GOF (Dumbledore gets a gleam of triumph in his eyes when Harry tells him about Voldemort taking his blood). Dumbledore already knew that Harry was a Horcrux, and the sharing of blood was what allowed Harry to "come back from the dead".
                    "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                    Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• It's funny how Harry ends up being the master of death. I have to admit it makes sense though. That Boy would never die. I was hoping just this once he would die. And he didn't do it. *yells in fustration...then calms down to type more* Can Harry still speak parseltongue if he lost the part of Voldemort's soul that was in him? I hope little Albus got into Slytherin. The reason I say that is because that house needs someone in it who is good for a change. And it might even unite all of the houses too.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• I thought it was incredible. All of it. The Epilogue included. What people seem to be forgetting is that these characters are her children -- of course she wanted to show us what happened, and I'm very glad she did, because I needed to know what happened, because I've been invested in these characters for 5 years of my life. On that same note, we have not known Tonks and Lupin for their whole lives. In fact, we see very little of them in the books compared to other characters. I don't see how anyone can think Rowling's writing of them was "wrong" -- they're her characters! XD

*shrugs* Call me a butt kisser, but I'm in absolute awe, and I'll be eating up every future bit of information she gives us, and passing these amazing books on to my kids.
                        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• lol, I think that was the fastest I've ever read an 758(something like that) book. I got it around noon Saturday and was finished by 6:00 PM Sunday, on the same weekend. You notice she killed off all the murauders(sp). James, Sirius, Petegrew, and Lupin. I loved like the huge 'war' scene at the end. The Nineteen Years Later(Epilogue) was kinda vague though. I wanted to know if Harry made it to be an Auror.
                          EDIT: After reading the article, I'm not surprised that Harry, Ron, and Hermione is very high up in the Ministry. It was a fantastic ending to a great series. I think Harry Potter was the first big chapter book that I read. *remembers that past*.
                          Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

• The Nineteen Years Later(Epilogue) was kinda vague though.
                            JKR said in one of her interviews that it was supposed to be vague, like watching the scene through a mist she said. The link to the interview is somewhere in this thread (but I can't find it right now...)

I loved Luna in this book. She seemed more of a developed character, nice for comic relief but also as a part of the plot. Three cheers for Luna!
                            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• i wouldn't trade harry for the others...i wish none of them had died, but they had too...there might not have been any reason for them in particular to die, but we needed to feel the saddness ther deaths created...hearing that fifty people we never read about ided wouldn't have the same effect as hearing about dobby, or fred, or lupin, or tonks....and if harry died, it might be even sadder, because then all those people died protecting harry long enough that he can go and kill himself...harry was the figure they fought for, and having him die might just ruin all that. as for the epilouge, i think it's nice to know that amidst all the saddness, some happiness came out of it. oh, and harry isn't the master of death...he lost the ring in the woods BEFORE getting the wand which he then got rid of....he's played the part a few times, but he can get killed with a knife wound too the back just as easily as anyone else at this point.
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I wondered how many Ravenclaws end up sitting outside their common room because they can't figure out the answers to the riddles.

I guess Harry wouldn't be the master of death after all just like Young Reader said. Especially since he lost the ring in the forest and got rid of the wand. I don't think I'll ever get over Dobby and Fred dying.

I just saw the movie again. My cousin thought it was horrible. (the only Harry Potter book she read was the fifth) She said they changed too much stuff. I still like the movie. But after seeing it again I'm not quite so sure I love it any more. It was just too different. And I have to admit now that I've read the last Harry Potter book it made me look at all the characters in the movie in a different light. Especially the ones I knew wouldn't survive in the last book. It makes me wonder if the last movie will even be rated PG-13 with everything that went down in that book.

I've been reading what others have to say on another forum that I'm registered on. I have to admit there weren't many inferi used in the book. I'm personally afraid of dead people but I hadn't thought about that until it was mentioned. There is also other things to that have been mentioned that I never even thought to question. Maybe you guys might want to check it out.
                                http://forums.khinsider.com/books/87712-harry-potter-de...allows-spoilers.html
                                Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                                Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X