Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that the book was really good, execpt for all of the ppl that she killed. then again, she couldn't really have teh war and not have friends die. it made it more realistic. the epiloge was the perfect summary. i couldn't've thought of a better ending. and that's saying something b/c i can sometime think of alternate endings to a book.

i was very disappointed in the movie. they didn't even have any quidditch. i love quidditch. the fight that harry had w/ his relatives after the dementors should have been much bigger. i'm not sure about you but i wanted to see mrs. figg beat up dung w/ her handbag. her part wasn't played very well i think b/c she is supposed to be a strong person. I think that Luna and Proffesor Umbrigde were cast very well. i personally hate the pink walls and cat photos although they fit the part very well. something else i missed was the brain room. a lot more things were supposed to happen to the DA members in the dept. of mysteries.

Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown
    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Yeah, they really messed up the Dptmnt of Mysteries sequence, but there's Hollywood for you And I loved those cat plates in Umbridge's office, they were the perfect touch But they definitely should have put quidditch in the movie, I mean, what about the lifelong ban they're supposed to get? And they still haven't shown Dobby at Hogwarts; how they're going to try DH w/out Dobby is a mystery to me...
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• true...how could they avoid quiditch? and i don't think all the horocrux s have curses...they have bad effects on you, true, and the soul fragments often try and drive you to insanity...but they don't all have curses, as such. (wouldn't recomend whearing one of them, though.)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I was hoping that Quidditch would be in the movie too. I was disappointed. But I feel she could've went into more detail about the characters now that everything was all said and done. In the movie I was expecting the part with the Dursley's to be longer. I always imagined Aunt Petunia to wear long dresses. Not short skimpy ones. I feel the part in the department of mysteries should've been longer. I wanted to see the room with the revolving doors. What about the brain and the room where that death eaters head had ended up in a jar and his head shrank back into a baby. And the way that Harry heard the prophecy wasn't right. And the part with Dumbledore at the end wasn't right either. I feel that Umbridge's room was perfect. Perfectly irritating that is. I use to like pink. Now I'm not so sure. I think she just killed it for me. I wouldn't suggest wearing a horcrux either.

Who know that Quidditch could be so detailed.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch

More on what happened to the characters. I believe she also says what happened to the Malfoy's too.
          http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• still, no matter how much we might have WANTED to see, and all the details we wished they had included...they still did a fantastic job. i mean, if they had put in all of these scenes, exactly HOW long would the movie be, do you think? they couldn't just suddenly slow down that one part in the department of mysteries...it would've been too much of a break in the fast pace, most likely. they'd have had to change the entire pace of the movie to include more details, which would have most likely resulted in a movie having an extra three hours! i loved the movie, but something lasting about six hours seems a bit too much, even for me.... (they did Umbridge's room perfectly, though, you must admit...it was, after all, SUPPOSED to be irrating...:P)
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• My dad heard somewhere on the internet before the book came out that JKR had said that it wouldn't be a bloodbath. Now how exactly, I wonder, does SHE define bloodbath? Like, what fifty people or more got killed, and someone eve ngot killed in chapter one (i think), and she doesn't call that a bloodbath?
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Well I guess it just depends on what your definition of blood bath is. I still can't believe that Dumbledore was so bad. I always imagined him a little eccentric but very powerful and kind. I hated that. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the fact that Snape was good. I was always so convinced he was bad. He was always so cruel to Harry. He never liked him but at least he protected him. I don't think I'll get over that for a while. I was sure his allegiance lied with Voldemort. I guess it just goes to show that we don't know everything about a person.

The two of them ended up being the exact opposite of what I thought. Oh well.

I'm posting that link again that Young Reader couldn't get into. Surprisingly on a website of video gamers and not readers we're having a much better disscussion about the books. Everyone on Young Wizard's should be ashamed.
                http://forums.khinsider.com/books/87712-harry-potter-de...allows-spoilers.html

Comment

• i'm not so sure....when it comes right down to it, dumbledore wasn't exactly BAD. it's just that, at one point, he was a bored genius child, and acted out...it's just that he was a NORMAL person at one point, who went on to become an extrordinary force of good, but wasn't always like that. as for snape...i don't think he is either good or bad. he loved lilly, and did good for her, which stops her from being completely evil (evil can't love that way) but would he have gone bad completely without her there? or would he have stayed neutral? i wouldn't call him evil, but i'd hesitate to call him completely good....

another interesting thought is, if you look at the blood lines, harry and ginny are related. james was a pureblood, so he was related to serius (all the pure bloods are basically related) who was related to the weaslys...so, harry and ginny are actually distant cousins. AND harry would be baby teddy's closest living relitive, since he'd also be relatd to tonks...just something to think about. :P

Comment

• Because Young Reader mentioned family trees I thought this was relevant.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_family

When you click on the others names you'll eventually run into family trees for the Weasley's and the other wizarding families.

Comment

• this is going to seem like a stupid question, but what is DH? i couldn't figure it out.

I dont' think that the movie would have been 6 hrs long but it could have been a little longer and i wouldn't have cared.

I'm accually kinda glad that Snape turned out to be good. i think that he was mean to Harry b/c he hated his father. i think that he sometimes protected Harry b/c he didn't want anything to happen to Lily's only child. i'm also gald that beatrix was killed. i hate her.

wow. i never really thought about the pure blood thing. r u sure they're related? that just doesn't seem right.

shoot for the moon. if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~Les Brown

Comment

• you know the movie was really good but i was kinda looking forword to the minestry part. and i just think that luna was a little to... well...umm....pretty. i guess would be a good word for it. but still other than that it was good.
                        underbridges office was the best though (i mean i have hated the color pink for years and this was just PERFECT made me hate her more). i think they played the cenetars really well, dont you think

now what i found creepy about the book was this. go though all the books and isnt it at least one person dies in each book. i mean
                        book one: proff. quirrl
                        book two: riddle
                        book three: the bird thing then it live when they go back though time (i think)
                        book four: cedric
                        book five:sirius
                        boook six:dumbldore
                        and last but not least
                        book seven: just about everybody dies...
                        i mean is this lady fond of death or what...?????

snape just totally creaped me out in this last book i mean honestly to stare into harrys eyes to see his mother is just ... wrong.... *blegh(love scene)
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I started reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone to my little brothers. They love it! Yay!

I don't think the hippogriff Buckbeak died wizy. I mean what they heard was actually the executioner slamming the axe into the stone. (I think. My brothers are sleeping and that's where my book is so I can't check right this minute) Remember when Harry and Hermionee dragged Buckbeak into the woods. The executioner was so angry he slammed the axe into the stone. Harry said that must be what we heard before. (I can't quote the book at the moment. I'll do it later.)

Snape creeped me out too. Then again he creeped a lot of people out. Sad thing is I'm more creeped out from him being good then bad. The whole thing was just creepy. Holocaust anyone?

Quelt DH is Deathly Hallows. I forgot which of the books it is but (either one of the Weasley's or Sirius) mentions that all of the major pure blood families are related. According to Hagrid (I believe because I can't remember which book) the wizarding race would die out if they only mated with other wizards. There isn't enough variation. And by looking at the family trees I found all of the major wizarding families are in fact interrelated. Some by marriage but most by pure blood.

Comment

• when you think aobut it, the relationship between harry and ginny is so distant, it doesn't really matter...but it's kinda fun to think about it. and as for snape...i've never been really certain about him one way or the other. i'm STILL uncertain as to what he would have done if it wasn't for lilly, but still...at least now we know what motivated him....why he acted the way he did towards harry, protecting him, but torturing him all at the same time.

Comment

• I think that if it wasn't for Lily Snape would have been a full supporter of the dark lord. I honestly don't see a reason for him to be good if that was the case. He may not have killed Harry but he would've definitely saved him for the dark lord. I don't see Snape being good with out a purpose. I just don't see it.

My little brothers want to see the first Harry Potter movie now. I've been trying to get them into reading and maybe I'm succeeding. We'll see.

Comment

• I loved Snape all along, he was a great character. I thought that it was touching that the last thing that he saw was Lily's eyes, I cried so hard And I think another idea of the books is that people aren't all bad or all good, there were ups and downs to all the characters; heck, that's how LIFE is with real people, not just words on a page...(if you're going to counteract last argument about people not being all good or all bad, take it to the philosophy thread-don't do it here in the Harry Potter one...)
                                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X