Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i finished the book...and now, all this is spoiler. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">i can't believe she killed all those people! everyones dead,...LUPINS DEAD! TONKS IS DEAD! and strangely enough, what hit me the most was DOBBY"S dead. probably because we were right there for it...for every moment, and th burial...and once you recognize that, everything else hits you..>EVERONE"S dead! even snape is dead! at least, though, dobby died as he most likely would have liked to die....and why doesn't harry have custody of teddy? he IS the godfather! he should have custody! but i like the ending, and i'll miss the stories...and i can imagine the howler harry will get when his kids realize he's famous. those who haven't been to hogwarts, don't seem to know...*grins* i'll miss these stories. but i'm happy that it mostly worked out alright, once things were done...and nevile has changed a LOT. and i'm glad harry and ginny are together.</span>WOW that was a lot.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Why don't we found out Harry Potter's job? I wanted to know!

I think Lupin and Tonks' death was untimely and unnecessary... they had just gotten married. Lupin was my fav character after Sirius so that kind of hurt... she killed everyone I cared for, lol. I don't see the need for killing off Fred either. As for Mrs. Weasly killing Bellatrix, I honestly think it's kinda unreal but awesome at the same time. Anyway, this was the best book so far, I freaking loved it. Awesome ending for an awesome series. Severus Snape is awesome!
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• okready for this?.... *sigh* first off this book took me a good 8 and a half hours to read and let me tell you that was such a great book its not funny (even though i am going to send a howler or to to JK.)
        Rhi: please leave me a pice or two i have a few unfinished bussenesses to deal with.
        now the last chapter (i cannt say it or spell it.the Verry last chaper the 19 yeas after chapther how do you say it E what.) whent horribly i wish that she gave more deatail into the life of each character but i heard that she was going to write one last book just to highlight their lifes after everything that happend. its not even a book its like an eciclopedia.

ok now on to the horrible things.
        first: WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH WAS THE CREATCHRE THAT WAS IN PAIN WHEN DD AND HARRY WERE TALKING?????? was it the horocrux that was inside harry? now that still has me freaking out but im better now.
        seconed: i cannt belive fred died *cries histericly* but atleast he died with a smile on his face right *blows noes*. and george lost an ear... now thats just wrong beyond all reason.
        third: how in the world did underbrige get mad-eyes glass eye? didnt he die with it in and i thought underbrige wasnt a death eater i mean if she was then that explains how but still...
        fourth:i told all of you that DD would come back(but just not the way i expected).i knew that DD and snape had made a sherade or and act. but what about the look of hate that was in snapes eyes when he killed him? was that real or fake?
        fifth:he saw his parents again.*cries with happiness* im soo happy now its soo awsome.
        sixth: ha ha harry is the master of death... lol it makes sence if you read the other books closely how many times has he excaped death????
        seventh: go mama go you cuss that women out.
        eighth: they were on the run a little too much i mean i like the fact that all the magic and stuff was used but still it was a little annnoying after awhile.
        ninth:the poly jucie potion was used like alcohole huh. god its like "hey hand another pint my way"
        and finnally before i bore you any more
        tenth:hogworts in genteral: it was soo awsome its not even funny i mean they had the DA still going and the teachers were fighting tooth adn nail (and didnt some one acually lose a tooth?) it was soo awsome im so proud.

overall this book was awsome but with a few exeption i just dont feel like putting them all right now... maby later,
        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH WAS THE CREATCHRE THAT WAS IN PAIN WHEN DD AND HARRY WERE TALKING??????
          That creature was the piece of Voldemort inside Harry, and it is what Voldemort's soul lookes like because it was ripped apart. So, there's seven of those things in the afterworld.
          I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• I was hoping Ron and Hermione would name their kids Fred and Nymphadora.
            Me too. Well, I wasn't really a fan of Fred but Nymphadora was a wonderful name. And Nymphadora Tonks didn't really mind being called "Dora" in the last book, so I think that she made up with her mother.
            I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubywolf:
              That creature was the piece of Voldemort inside Harry, and it is what Voldemort's soul lookes like because it was ripped apart. So, there's seven of those things in the afterworld.
              Actually, <span class="ev_code_white">eight of them, now that Voldemort himself is dead. Voldemort intentionally made 6 Horcruxes -- Harry was an accidental seventh. </span> I don't think the piece that's left in Voldemort is appreciably different from the Horcruxes, by this point.

And re: Moody's eye: <span class="ev_code_white">The Death Eaters working/Imperiused at the Ministry probably collected the body and took it back to the Ministry as a dead Auror, to provide themselves a bit of cover, and Umbridge took the eye, figuring it was no longer needed.</span>

Also, it's nice to see Neville <span class="ev_code_white">stepping up into the leadership position he would have had</span> if Voldemort had gone after him instead of Harry.

Oh, guys, for my sanity -- please don't call Dumbledore DD on this particular board. It gives me mental whiplash. :-)
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Actually, eight of them, now that Voldemort himself is dead. Voldemort intentionally made 6 Horcruxes -- Harry was an accidental seventh. I don't think the piece that's left in Voldemort is appreciably different from the Horcruxes, by this point.
                voldemort did not make them intentioally. when he was trying to kill harry the first time and failed to do so his soul was ripped into 7 pieses. the ring, the cup, the locket,harry, diary,the reserection stone, and the snake. there were not eight because if eight hororcruxes were made it would have been even more unstabe than it was before and could ultimitly kill lord voldemort.

rubywolf: i think i kinda agree with you on the names i really think that frread and george should only be named if they have twins...
                its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizy123:
                  Voldemort did not make them intentionally. when he was trying to kill Harry the first time and failed to do so his soul was ripped into 7 pieces.
                  Sorry, Wizy, but that's incorrect. According to Half-Blood Prince, Voldemort made 5 Horcruxes before attacking Harry. Dumbledore thinks that Voldemort was going to make the 6th when he murdered Harry, thus completing his desired seven-part soul.
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Wizy: Uh, yes, Voldemort did make intentional Horcruxes long before he tried to kill baby Harry. Through trickery, deceit, murder, and a whole host of other nasty behaviors, Riddle/Voldemort acquired the following: the locket, the cup, the diadem, and the ring. The diary and Nagini can be said to be rightfully his from the get-go. Riddle/Voldemort comitted five "significant" murders before attempting to forestall the prophecy. At that point, his soul was ripped in two again, with part of it fleeing into Harry (at that point the sixth and unknown Horcrux). Years later, Dumbledore says that Voldemort used Nagini to murder an old Muggle man, which gave the Dark Lord the idea to make her into what he believed was his sixth Horcrux, though in reality she was his seventh. So Voldemort split his soul into eight pieces, when he believed he had only divided it into seven. The eight piece "however maimed", had to reside in his resurrected body.

I was so glad that JK let Mrs. Weasley swear at Bellatrix. A little glimpse of comedy in the midst of a life or death battle.

Re: Neville's leadership: I hadn't thought about it that way, Garrett, but now I think on it it makes sense. I type in the presence of genius.
                    I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH WAS THE CREATCHRE THAT WAS IN PAIN WHEN DD AND HARRY WERE TALKING??????
                      That creature was the piece of Voldemort inside Harry, and it is what Voldemort's soul lookes like because it was ripped apart. So, there's seven of those things in the afterworld. </div>[quote]

I understand the symbolism for Voldemort's soul, but the ugly baby-like thing can also be what Voldemort used for a temporary body in the Fourth Book, before getting a new body with Wormtail's help.
                      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• judging from what harry said, about seeing what voldemort would become (and the fact that he fainted too) i'm guessing it was quite simply his soul...and this also makes harry The Boy Who Lived Twice. I mean, he survived the same exact killing curse twice over... mrs. weasly's attack...hilarious. probably my favorite scene in the entire book. (despite the fact that it contains the only real curse in the entire series.) it was just...perfect. simply perfect. *grins* i think the reason for lupin and tonks death was just to empethise the saddness...if no one harry loved died during the story, if the fifty deaths were just nameless people we'd never known...woul it have hurt us nearly as much?
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• ya i just re read over the part where they were talking about the horocruxes and you guys are right. sory bout that.

theres somthing to be said about the boy who lived. he survived the same killing curse twice from the same person. now that my friends makes him the master of death dont you think

Comment

• I know a lot of people said the deaths were unnecessary, but they seemed entirely necessary to me. They were in the middle of a war, and previous to this only one person a year was dying, which is totally not realistic. JKR is trying to say something about war-it kills people when they don't deserve to be killed and breaks people's hearts in the process.

Was I the only one who thinks that JKR should NEVER write romance? She completely changed both Tonks and Remus to get them in that relationship, and I LOVE them as a pairing. She had to make Tonks too needy and Remus just got a complete personality transplant. That bugged me.

I agree that Dobby's death was the one that hit hardest. I hated that little creature most of the time, but it was something about HOW he died. The complete and utter selflessness of the guy and how he didn't even seem to care if he put himself in mortal danger for NO REASON other than to save a lot of people he barely knew.

I know this is horrible, but I wanted Harry to die. I would much rather that he just died and because he's the last Horcrux Voldemort would die too. I'm sick of him coming back.

Also, the epilogue was TERRIBLE! It sounded like a 14 year old's fanfic. Do you really think Ginny would have been ok with naming her kids after her husband's parents and his favorite headmaster? She is far more forceful than that! And it does NOT seem likely that everyone would have stayed together with their school sweethearts and gotten married so that they all became ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY! Because now they're all related through the Weasley's, which is extremely weird.

I LOVED the Dursleys and Malfoys turn of character. I thought Snape's bit was rather predictable, but I did love the doe. I totally knew it had something to do with Lily when they were following it in the forest. I also didn't think putting in the piece with the Pensieve in the middle of the action was a genius idea. There wasn't much else JKR COULD do, but it felt like it interrupted the action and flow of the suspense too much. It really bugged me.

However, all of my complaints out there I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! The vast majority was really, really good and Harry was actually NOT annoying for once in his life. I have to second the Mrs. Weasley love, and Hermione throwing herself on Ron was absolutely hilarious.

Oh yeah...WHY HEDWIG?!?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
                            Deaths are necessary, but somehow JKR managed to kill off ALL of my favorite characters. If she had killed Hermione I would have died.
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            I promise not to funfun anymore
                            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I had wanted Harry to die too. I thought just this once he wouldn't come back, I mean he always comes back. I thought it was hilarious when Hermionee threw herself at Ron. I still don't know who the person was that was supposed to use magic later in life. A lot of people I know said that the book dragged and it was a massacre. But I told them that this was a war and let me tell you a war is going to go on it's on time and believe me it's not always yours. People also seem to forget that in real wars people die who arguably don't deserve to. But it happens. And from what I noticed from reading both fiction and non fiction some of real life always ends up creeping into a story. I'm still not happy about Hedwig. And when Ron left it just tore me apart. I mean he was Harry's best friend. I couldn't understand why he left. Harry told him what his friends were getting into and they didn't listen. Did they honestly think that it was going to be that easy? I mean when you're dealing with pure evil of course it's not going to be that easy. But I was pleased when Ron came back.

Look what I found! J.K. gives more detail on the Epilouge. I don't know how much I haven't read the article yet but here you go!!
                              http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
                              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• A lot of people I know said that the book dragged and it was a massacre.
                                Dragged?!?!?! I think that I read DH faster than any other book I've read (as in eyes-blurred fast) I kind of feel that maybe I should have savored it a bit more, seeing as it was the last book and all, but people kept dying and it was to depressing to draw out!!

I can't wait until that encyclopedia comes out; that's going to be fantastic
                                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X