Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a good cover-looker hehe: http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotte...lows/index.htm
    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• well what if their wands connected again? it happened konce without there knowing, what if it happend again? then if they were summimining somthing it could happen then. umm... its the final battle right. so they fight and somthiing really major happens... what could it be???
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Comment

• well now that is a good theroy. but you know what it looks like? it looks like they are both eather trying to block somthing off or get somthing first. and didnt harry summon Fawkes in book two? at least thats what dumbldor said. (did i spell that right?). what if their trying to summon their wands? its kinda odd that they dont have then out right. isnt it possible to do a spell without your wand? so what if they lost them in the fight and they are trying to summon them back.

doesnt the collosium they are at kinda look like the one described in book four or look like the one in the movie. they said in the book about it looking like a run down building so that could be it.

i dont think the shadows are the ministry though. what if it is the order of the phenix they showed up at the ministry to fight off the death eaters.

im looking at the pic right now and it looks like they already fought and there is not only wood on the ground but there is rocks or boulders. i think the curtins mean somthing though. it could mean somthing as simple as this is the final act and the curtins are closing.

one last thing... didnt the cenetar proffesor say somthing about a profficy in the fifth book. somthing about a big battle???
          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• It is spelled 'Dumbledore'. Yes, the centaur did say something about a big battle in the fifth book. If you can remember the passage I could look it up.
            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• i cannt spell if my life depended on it!!! oh well i think ill find it later

Comment

• Hrm. Those curtains...with vague people in the background... :P *gets ideas churning*
                I think the curtains are the veil in book five, and those shadowy things are people behind the veil.
                It kind of looks like they are in the middle of the coliseum.
                I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hrm. Those curtains...with vague people in the background... :P *gets ideas churning*
                  I think the curtains are the veil in book five, and those shadowy things are people behind the veil.
                  It kind of looks like they are in the middle of the coliseum. </div>[quote]

Thats what they are the veil and the people behind. I can't wait for the next book to come out. So does you guys have any ideas as to what you think is going to happen in the upcoming book?
                  But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                  thou shall not eat of it:
                  for in the day that thou eatest there of
                  thou shalt surely die.

Comment

• well the oviouse of course. a big battle will occur and ether harry or voldemort will die (or both)

you know what should happen though. all the people from the da meetings (in the fifth book) should come and help harry in his battle. i mean other than having underbrig not be able to teach should not be the only reason for the meetings. thier has to be an underlined meaning.

Comment

• Those curtains remind me of the one that Sirius fell behind. I wonder if maybe Harry will run into him one last time. It would be cool for the D.A. to come and help Harry out. But, it just seems that if it is the final battle, it would just be between Voldemort and Harry and no one else.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• the curtains are interesting, but i don't think they're the same ones...the question is, is the hooded guy voldemort, or those hooded creatures from book three who's name i KNOW i should remember but just can't seem to at the moment...that changes whos in the backround DRAMTICALLY and the meaning of the scene. dumbledoor doesn't exactly look human, but i dearsay, neither do those creatures, and the cloak can point to either....definately a battle has occure, since it looks like everythings been torn apart, and i'm guessing they're in a colloseam, so it's the perfect place for it...and the only thing is, if it wasn't for the existance of rocks, with those curtains, i'd think they weren't in a colisseam at all, but in a theater, on stage...they still could be, actually...either way...that's all i'm getting from this. *shrugs*
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• the hooded guy is definately voldemort. no question about.
                          ---
                          So does you guys have any ideas as to what you think is going to happen in the upcoming book?
                          i think HP is going to sacrifice himself and die. He's too whiney. At the wrong moment he's gonna whine, and then he's gonna get hit with a avada kadavra spell from malfoy. this happens AFTER he's killed voldemort.
                          ---
                          In case someone doesn't realise, I HATE whiners, like potty. down with whiney potty. potty has better start to clean up his act or I'm going to becoma a supproter of voldemort. seriously.

[edited to consolidate triple post. --kli]
                          I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• ruby wolf: (yelling) you would be wining too if your teacher died the way he did. dont you dare start to say he was wining he going to get his sorry but hurt (or do i darsay killed) without any help (also we know that thats not true). he has a right to wine his parents were killed by him sirius was killed by his followers and then dumbldore dies. if anyone has a right to wine it would definitly be him, but he doent reall he does it hear or their but not really. why dont you re-read it then come back after you read all the books all the way though and tell us how many times he almsost died because voldomort in some way-shape-or-form had somthing to do with it!!!

*inhale-exhal... inhale-exhale*god now im angry

and to everyone else who has read the same book all the way though, what if we are looking too much into it and the stuff is their to just be part of where the place was taken at? umm or did the ministry wsay that the death portal curtine was the only one? or did they say their were two

and to everyone else

Comment

• Okay, I'll just ignore that whole angry scene. Sorry, Rubywolf, but who says Harry whines (he definitely yells). You do have to give him a little leeway... Oh, you must've read Order of the Phoenix recently. Did you? Come to think of it, that was the most yelling book... So I can understand hating Potter's "winyness" (although if you don't like it why don't you give up reading the rest if it'll make you miserable?). By the way, I think "winy" is spelled whiny.

Anyway, wizy: It's entirely possible we're reading too much into it. As long as you don't think your theory is the theory that has to

Comment

• *doesn't think harry's all that whiny all considering, but that's just me* and it IS possible we're reading too much into it...i kinda expect it, all considering. i mean, while it's true in these books that occasionally small details are important, arthurs don't really make the jackets usually...you don't know what the artist put in for effect, and she just didn't have a problem with it...heck, a lot of cover scenes never actually OCCURE in books in my experiance. but either way, it's FUN to look deeply into it. plus, if it turns out one of us are right, we get to point it out afterwards. and if we were wrong, enough other people were that no one really cares...i don't think anyone cares if we get it RIGHT either, but still...doesn't eliminate the fun aspect. *grins*
                                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                                X