Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i somewhat remember moody saying somthing about the world of the dead but he didnt meantionit specifically hwe just said he died. but why would the ministry keepsomthing that deadly in the place it doesnt make seance. and pluse there has to ba a way to get him out. what if somone important fell in what are they going to do then leave them there? i would think not. their has to be some way to get him out.
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I know this is off topic. But, I feel it is important to be said. STOP ASKING, "DID YOU EVEN READ THE BOOK". I think it is rude and people wouldn't be commenting on the topics on this forum if they hadn't read the book or books in discussion. Just something to think about.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Wizy, I remember when I was a horrid speller. Looking back, I feel bad for all those people couldn't understand what I was typing. If you have a question about how to spell something, try typing it on Word or any word-processing program and do a spell check on the word. It helps.

Anyways, back to HP. Just because Moody said it doesn't mean it's true. I mean come on, he did say he was the real Moody when he was really Fugde's son. Unless you are talking abou the REAL Moody, then that's different. I don't quite remember that part. Time for a re-read I think.

Spyells, yah, it is somewhat rude to shout that in capital letters, but what if the person truly hasn't read the book? Would it really be rude, or would it be pointing out the truth to them? Just a thought.

-Tor[I]

Edit by Tori: Sorry, not Fugde's son, Barty Crouch's son. My mistake. :]
        Love and be loved

Comment

• do u guys/girls even read the book!!!!!! well to tell you the truth i had to listen to the audio book but still i got the whole concept!!!! its really much easier listening to the audio book and it only took me a few nightless sleeps to finish it and a couple nonstop listening days (yes im really that crazy) but i finally finished and almost cried when dumbledore died. and if any one really wanted to know the name of the last book is HARRY POTTER AN THE DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!!!

um when rubywolf said that harry must die or fans will demand for another book well to get you up to date on the news jkr is going to find someone to write their adult hood parts of their lives so she won't have to do it!!!!!!! haha!!!!! hopefully she finds someone with the right talents to do the job!!!!

Merging two posts - Peter

Comment

• tori: i thank you for the advise acually i never thought of that... thats good advise. thanks.

and to the berto_lova!99430: you almost cried i read the book in 3 and a half hours solid and cried like a baby when dumbldore died...like a baby and i stilll feel a tear come down my cheeck when i think about it . it sucks andf it was soo unexpected but i think that the school handled it well and the funeral was so great that i think if he was their he would have been proud. but i do wonder if dumbldore in a way forsaw his death because there were times (as i re read the book) that it hinted that he might die??? its just a thought.
            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• wait...that means they won't die! *cheers* *celebrates* *has party* *Soon gets bored* *wonders what else i can say* *yawns* sorry about that...anyways....*Still is a somewhat horid speller on computer, so can't comment on the evils of it* it's more like i KNOW how to spell it...it's just that when you have your fingers on the way to the keys before the previous key is hit, sometimes one gets there faster then the other! and we DON"T know serious is dead. he seems to be in the WORLD of the dead...but nothing says you have to actually die to be there. and i'm guessing the ministry had it, because they wanted to study death. and life i suppose. i mean, just look at all the other stuff they had! like that container that changed the age of what was in it... (and i believe the slug throwing was simply because it's the worst spell in the book that isn't actually a forbidden curse or some such thing...still kind of mean though.)
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• -_- JkR is NOT going to find someone to write their adult lives, she has said over and over again she will not write such books or let others write them. The /only/ thing she has even mentioned as an "eighth book" is an encyclopedia to the wizarding world, as said on numerous other articles, not to mention her own website.

Plus, this idea that the author /must/ write a book if her fans demand it is really just getting annoying. Let's think about this logically for a minute guys: if she was really under an obligation to do what her fans wanted we'd already know the answers to all the burning questions we have. JKR does not /have/ to sign an eighth-book contract, and as much as her fans scream she does not /have/ to write one. So let's all just take a deep breath and release whatever's clogging up the flow of logic *breathes*
                "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• young reader: ya i remember the age thingy (thingy thats not even in the diconary but it works!!) isnt that where the humming bird died then was reborn over and over again. and if they were trying to study death then that means you have to be able to get IN and OUT. of the death world. right? thats how you study somthing by looking at the 'thing' itself not by looking at the door to the 'thing' its like you having to study for a big test and you just stare at the front cover of it. you need to be able to open and close it to sudy it. (not the best comparison in the book but its works. kinda.). so what happens i wonder!!! its somthing to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piper:
                    ... Plus, this idea that the author /must/ write a book if her fans demand it is really just getting annoying....
                    I can understand both sides of the sentiment. A lot of folks just want more-of-the-same. I used to do it. I've participated in letter-writing campaigns for tv shows. But after a while, I just realized that I'm pretty happy with more from the same creator. It's rare for me to love an author writing under one guise, and not at least like them if they're writing under another. I mourned when the tv show Dead Like Me got axed. But then I realized that the showrunner, Bryan Fuller, was working on Wonderfalls, which I also loved. And then that got axed. But now he's working on Heroes.

And take DD. I love, love, loved the very first DD I ever read. Which was the Door series. And the YW stuff was really different, but ok, too, I guess. Just kidding. I love the YW books, and the Rihannsu books, and the Feline Wizard books, and A Wind from the South, and Stealing the Elf-King's Roses. So as long as DD keeps writing, I'm happy.

For me, as long as JKR keeps writing, I'll be happy. The trick here is going to be not to slam whatever she writes post-Potter simply because it's not Harry Potter. To judge it on its own merits. Whatever she writes is going to have the odds stacked high against it, and it's highly unlikely it'll be as popular as Potter, and a lot of folks will have already prejudged it as bad, because it won't be HP. The whole "I wanted an apple, and I got an orange, so it sucked!" critique, irrespective of whether or not the orange was good.

But for me, the storyteller over the story every time. Forcing someone creative to do the same thing over and over again is just plain cruel. Creative people gotta go discover and experiment and try new things. It's what being creative is about.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• i agree with you Kli6 as much as i dont want to admit it you drive home a really good point. i hope that she writes another series because i think she would be so verry good at it. she has such a talent for writing it would be such a wast to not do it. i guess you could get bored after awhile its just hard to imagine the last book comming up. its would be like if DD finnaly got to the last book you wouldent want it to stop and we would all be so sad and angry but you cant blame the author. its just time to move on. but the series isnt almost over right???? it cannnt be this is my seconed favorite series so it cannt end my first is already gon *morning the end of Harrry Potter. im watching his grave* sigh but i guess you cannt stop that kinda thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizy123:
                        ok ok im somwhat confused what in the work=ld is the Horcruxes???? and along with killing dumbldore i think that he wanted malfoy to do it to prove himself worthy as a death eater i mean why else would he do it .
                        I doubt it. According to Narcissa, Voldemort made Draco a Death Eater and gave him the task of killing Dumbledore to get back at Lucius for his carelessness with the diary. That way, even if Draco does succeed, he will likely die, and therefore Voldemort's revenge on Lucius is likely to be complete, save the murder of Narcissa herself. If Draco didn't kill Dumbledore, Voldemort or his Death Eaters could still get him in time.

Assuming that Hermione and Ron accompany Harry like they professed they would, what would they do with their pets? I suppose they could leave them at the Weasley house, but it might be better if Hermione takes Crookshanks with her. He has an uncanny knack of noticing suspicious characters (being, I think, a Kneazle), and could probably be quite useful.

And as for your latest post, wizy123...which series are you hoping isn't almost over? YW or Harry Potter?
                        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by tori:

Spyells, yah, it is somewhat rude to shout that in capital letters, but what if the person truly hasn't read the book? Would it really be rude, or would it be pointing out the truth to them? Just a thought.

-Tor[i]

Tori what I mean when I say that is many people have said it to me and countless others. I don't have time to reread the books like when I was younger. So when I get something wrong or I am a little bit off I get yelled at or criticized. It isn't fair that people should be so mean to others in that way. We should all be nicer. On the Eragon topic I got my head bitten off for saying one thing wrong. I'm still bitter about that.

Comment

• Kli-- I agree whole heartedly, that is pretty much the point I was trying to get across, but my flusteration (poetic liscense rocks xD) was getting a bit in the way
                            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• QUOTE]
                              And as for your latest post, wizy123...which series are you hoping isn't almost over? YW or Harry Potter?[/QUOTE]

i was talking about the YW it would suck if it was finnaly over and done. and to spyells, you will somtimes get yelled at or scorned at but you haveto learn to ignore it. even though im not one to talk but it does help. let go if you anger and imagin the Hogwarts grounds. imagin your on a broom stick flying over the quittich filds. now imagin your casting a slug spell at that person... oh wait that wasnt suppost to be there but hey it works!!! feel better???

Comment

• No. Stay out of this before you get fussed at too.

Comment

Working...
                                X