Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I get it now!
    When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I think that nita and kit will defnatly get together, ronan may get toghether with carmella, though he may not, and Darine will probably end up with Roshaun. that's just me though.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I definately think that it'll be Nita/Kit. As for Dairine/Roshaun... How will that work out with him... dead? Carmela/Ronan? I don't think so. I think Ronan will show up in some later book with a wizard girlfriend who matches his personality and other stuff. But... You never know...
        -----------------------------------------------------------------
        Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

WHo says he's dead? that's what that whole end sceen was about, wasn't it? I mean, if he's not in timeheart, how can he be dead?
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

psh. I don't know. It's all too mysterious for my liking. Besides, why would the Sunstone pass to our star if he was still alive?
            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

just because he's not dead dosen't mean something didn't change. who knows what happened?

I'm a nita/kit shipper. there is so no "brother/sister" relationship, and they're perfect!

I cant wait for dairine/roshaun, to see how that works out. what will happen if they do get together?

carmela/ronan is ridiculus. he's barely aware thatshe likes him, and she's so frivolous and flirtatious.
              "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Is Carmela really frivolous? Come on. She's highly perceptive, in spite of her clothes and obsessions, and shows (yes) a great degree of initiative and openness to get as far into wizardly adventures as she has. She blasted the Lone Power away. Even if she didn't know who he was, she knew the others were scared spitless and that he had how many other minions around. Flirtatious, yes, but with Ronan? Frankly, that seems like the obvious clue to me that she might actually be interested in him...that she might actually be acting a little shy and is scoping out whether Nita has a prior claim on him. I think Carmela is just edgy and outrageous enough to draw Ronan out and (eventually) interest him. And is direct and stubborn enough to get past some of his denseness and obstinacy. I can see them making a good pair, actually, under the right circumstances.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I don't think she's really direct. yes, she teases her brother kit and his good friend nita to the end of insanity, but teasing is very different from being direct. Ronan isn't even very aware that she has her eye on him. still, if it does work out, i will not grudge it. it might even sober carmela's attitute a little.

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

I don't know if 'Mela and Ronan would ever work out. She does seem to hop around from crush to crush, and Ronan is her current project.

Going back to what was posted about a page ago (must stop forgetting this forum), I was definitely in tears at the end of W@W. Several times. Just as soon as I'd calm down from my last round, something ELSE would happen and set me off again. Rather like Titanic. :P
                    ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                    Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                    L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

I had some watery eyes too, mostly when roshaun supposedly snuffed it. but he might come back, and there's always time heart for him and dairine.

Comment

Just finished re-reading it, and I think I've moved around some opinions.
                        Dairine and Roshaun? Yes, obviously.
                        Carmela and Ronan? Nah, there's just too much of opposites... but you never know, because there's hints of it!
                        Nita and Kit- ...Wow. I never thought that I'd think this, but... it's vaguely possible, yeah? Before I was thinking that no, it'd be too weird, they're too much brother-and-sister-like... but there's so many hints in the books... it just really seems like she's setting up for it! And actually, now that I really consider it... it would be cute. Yeah, I think I could see it.

Comment

Up until now, Kit has been too young to even think about relationships. No matter how intelectually mature he is, he is still a boy and boys mature emotionally later than girls do. There is a big difference between a 12 or 13 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. Of course Kit treated Nita like a sister: the only other girls he knows well are Carmella and Helena.

Although boys mature late, when they do move into adolescence, they generally do it quite quickly. At about age 14. Kit will turn 14 soon. In W@W, we saw a sudden change in the dynamics of Nita and Kit's relationship, and Kit as the instigator of the change.

But my advice to Nita/Kit shippers is not to get your hopes too high. After all they are very young. Very young. It may not seem so to most of the people here since you are mostly young yourselves, but it is true.

I guess there is no real point to this post, other than to point out how very life-like and believable the relationships between the different characters are. It is a good thing for an author to have studied psychology.

Comment

WEll, this is a much specualted one..well, in my case, any way.
                            Here's what I think:
                            Nita/Ronan- Thats a mebbe, but I wish! They're opposites and purrfect 4 each other!
                            Nita/Kit- Thats also a mebbe. There are subtle hints of it, but that would either make or break their partnership, am I right?
                            Carmela/Filif- YES! They're fun together. And her and Ronan equal-Nonono!!!!! Please no.
                            Dari and Roshaun- Come on people. Puh-leeeze. SO obvious.
                            Carmela/Ronan- Thats funny. NO.
                            I'm SO against Carmela and Ronan, because I think all of us like Ronan. Well, I do. But there's Neets and Kit...didn't she used to have a crush on him? Too lazy to get up and check. And all those puberty-ish reactions he's having toward her....this is complicated!!!!!!!!
                            Give me some feedback. Am I ANYWHERE close??
                            I LOVE RONAN!!!!!!!
                            And I'm Carmela's evil twin. :happymad: mwahaha.
                            You stay away from my cookies, candy, and any other sugary products, and we're good. :winkthumb: If not, well, then: :hoppingmad: You go byebye.
                            'Nuff said. :)

Comment

Mmm not to mention that Kit wished Nita would wear shorter skirts...

Carmela really rubbed me the wrong way most of the time in W@W, mainly because she seemed so shallow compared to Nita, our heroine. I feel like perhaps if this were all real life, I'd probably like Carmela or at least give her a bigger chance, but since this is a book which limits our perceptions of the characters, she's easily more annoying.

I don't really care if Ronan and Nita end up happily ever after but I do hope they pursue something, at least for a while. I was a bit disappointed at the end of W@W when remembering Nita's first reaction to Ronan's arrival at Kit's ("Oh...my...God"). Obviously the feelings were still there, but nothing really happened between them in this book :-(.

I'm looking everywhere in this forum for a discussion on what the sentence in Dairine's necklace might have said but can't find much. What do you guys think? "I love you?" "I'll never leave you?" And whose words were they... Dairine's or Roshaun's? And why didn't he want her to take it off? It wasn't just that it looked pretty, was it?

Comment

Oh yes! :-D
                                I was thinking about that... it's probably Roshaun's. Because before it was just kind of... there... and then Roshaun touched it, and something changed. And since Dairine cried about it after Roshaun *was gone...* then I figured that he'd said something personal about it.
                                I'd always thought that he didn't want her to take it off because it looked really good on her, like he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X