Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai!

Wow, I really surprised that I haven't been on this fourm for years. Back in late middle school/early high school I used to debate HP theories all the time. You know, how each of the seven challenges in the 1st book stood for each following book and trying to make predictions and the like. So yeah...completely surprised I haven't stumbled upon here before. Expect to see me around once in a while.

I love these books and have been reading them for...oh dear 11 years? So yeah, page 550 of AWOM made like my week.

Currently, I'm trying to rebuild my collection. Two years ago my house was hit by a nasty flood and ruined most of my entire book collection, even though they were in those tall Rubbermaid containers. Yeah...that's how high the water was. Twas a mess. So now I'm trying to once again have all my YW books and with the help of my local used bookstore I'm only lacking the 7th one. I'll buy 9 once it's in paperback. Poor college student and all.

So yeah...you're all welcome to call me Uni. I'm currently a uni student, studying Communications and Global Media Studies. Which is pretty much a fancy way of saying film. Or digital technology. I had a whole class last semester on superheros and cyborgs, it was phenomenal. My final paper was on the Phoenix from X-men XD

Hopefully we can all be friends, with out tomato giving. I'm not a fan. But chocolate ah, you give me that and I'll love you for life! Or at least until someone else gives me some more.

Comment

• Hey guys! It has been so so long since I've been on here. It must've been just after my dad died that I stopped coming on...Anyway, I just read the last page of newbie intros, and I was wondering something. Are we no longer giving out straightjackets? That was my favorite part about this thread!

Comment

• Dai! I'm Nejssor -- that's really a conglomeration of various bits of my real name made to seem incomprehensible. Call me whatever you want, within reason. I like to read all kinds of sci-fi and fantasy novels, including YW. I stumbled across this forum a while ago when I started to reread the series. I've been going pretty fast -- finished HW in under eight hours, which has to be some kind of a personal record. I'm on The Wizard's Dilemma now, which is always a bit of a downer because of Nita's mom, but it's also one of my favorites. I love reading about Kit's trips with Ponch, the Transcendent Pig, and all that other stuff. I've read all of the books except for AWoM -- actually, seeing it in Borders was what prompted me to start rereading the series again. You might see me around, but I'm not much of a forum poster usually -- and I might disappear without warning.

P.S.: If I were a wizard, I would be one of those ones who designed custom wizardries, like Tom/Carl -- I've always been a theorist.

Comment

• Dai!

I drop out of this forum far too frequently: it always seems that I get overwhelmed by work or other things and don't post for months. Since I just did that, I thought I would post here... Hopefully I'll be consistent this time =D

Hi Gwendi! I personally think we should continue to give out straitjackets. Though you got back before me, I give you one, in case you can't find yours. And you're plate of cookies or food object of your choice. I'm sorry about your Dad, and I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Hello Nejssor! It doesn't seem as though you have a straitjacket (or a plate of cookies), so here you go! Are you planning on reading AWoM after you finish rereading the series? I definitely recommend it.

Hi Uni : ) Not a fan of tomatoes? I happen to like them, but I also like chocolate... want a bunch of dark chocolate?

This is great! I missed these forums : )
          "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Straitjackets? I want one! Me, me, me!!!!!
            I have recently been converted back to the "liking tomatoes side" after a 10 yr trip. However I have high tomato standards. They must be grown in a garden, I don't like store bought.
            Hi Nejssor. My name also is a conglomeration of my actual name! And no my name isn't Elizabeth. I like messing with letters and moving them around to make something else.
            Hi smile. Mmm I love dark chocolate, actually I love pretty much all kinds of chocolate. Its one of the only things I'm NOT picky about... Tehe.
            Curiosity... what a odd name (I know, I know pot calling the kettle black) one of my friends favorite sayings is "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." That and a few other things that are slightly less appropriate!
            Dai,
            elz
            I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
            -Nita

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
              Guys, I think it might be nice to have one single live thread where newbies can introduce themselves, rather than a proliferation of threads.

If you're new, welcome to the boards! While you may want to lurk awhile or read the Board FAQ to see how we do things around here, you can also just jump right on in to the discussion.
              Thank you indeed...
              Hi I'm NitaEmmaYW... I hope to make lots of friends and be able to share the same passion for the Young Wizards series. I had just signed up today and I have to admit I never had seen anything like this before and I think it's great.
              A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

• Dai all.

I'm very pleased to have found this website, after rediscovering the series in a way. I can't wait to start discussing the books! (Except for AWoM, I haven't read it yet!)

I can't wait to get out there and post.

Comment

• And me1

Hello, site and patrons! I am SimilisPastor, and I love DD's awesome book series. I just joined today, and I have been perusing the forum for a while... I am very interested in any information on the Speech, as well as the Manuals...
                  Looking forward to continuing discussion about one of my favorite things -magic!

P.S. How do you add a signature? Thank you in advance for help!
                  "People always learning, all through their life. Look at Mama Bird! She push baby bird out of nest, and that's it. If baby bird fly, good for baby! If baby bird fall, and crack head on ground, and get eaten by cat, it need to do better next time."
                  Slan go foihll! Dai, cousins!

Comment

• Nobody has been welcoming the newcomers? :/ We'll have to fix that...

Hello, NitaEmmaYW! Welcome! Here is your introductory straitjacket and cookies package: *gives* Chocolate chip cookies, unless you favor another type.

Hi ErrantryGirl! Welcome! And it's okay, I haven't read AWoM yet either...heh...but I really need to... Anyway, straitjacket and cookies for you as well! *gives*

Hiya, SimilisPastor! Welcome to the forums! You add a signature by clicking "Settings" at the top of the page near where your notifications are. "Edit Signature" is on the left side of the screen, under "My Settings." And you also get a straitjacket, and some cookies! *gives*

The straitjackets are to contain the crazy that will probably follow. We're all insane over here, of course. (It's a good thing.)
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Dai!

I'm Draceline. Today, I opened my Macbook (its name was once Spot) and decided that now was the time to finally sign up for the forum, and I have no doubt that I made the right choice in doing so.

I have been reading the YW books for years, having been introduced to them by one of my friends (who was letting me read almost everything she had in her collection of books). I even got my mom to read them too. I finally got AWoM a couple weeks ago and just started reading it last night. Horribly, I know I won't be able to finish it any time soon, as I have multiple essays that I need to write for my classes, and textbook reading, and other homework, and still find time to sleep.

Also sadly, this means I will not be able to post very often.

Craziness? Insanity? Saving the world by the clicks of our keyboards? Count me in. I will fit in well here.

Comment

• Hi Draceline! It does sound like you'll fit in quite well! *gives straitjacket and cookies*

And it's okay that you shall not be able to post much. The forums don't seem to be as active as they once were, and I've just recently returned to posting after having become a lurker for quite a while. It almost makes me miss how crazy the forums were right after AWoM was released. Almost.

But anyway, welcome to the forums!
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Dai!

What's there to say? I read SYWTBAW long time back, but only started the rest of the series a few years ago, at prompting from my friend. I only discovered the forums recently, when I learned about A Wizard of Mars. I had thought Wizards at War was the last book! (I'm so glad it isn't).

About me: I read a lot, I square dance, and I'm on a robotics team. I like strange logic (see sig). I can't think about anything else to say about me.
                          "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

• Dai!

Dai!

I'm Nicki, and I joined a while ago, but haven't been able to be on recently. I like reading (like, am OBSESSED) but I play soccer and like to swim. I can write poetry, and I like making new friends. I'm part of an acting group called S.O.S. Players, and I'm ambidextrious(sp?). *Takes a deep breath* I ran out of things to say, so, again, Dai Stiho!! Oh, and, almost forgot. I like all of the colors of the rainbow EXCEPT for pink!
                            I will guard growth AND ease pain.

Nita's thoughts: "So, a total of two weeks to save the universe, huh"

Comment

• ?

Dai Stiho, cousins!

I've wanted to say that since I first read the books! Yayness! anyways, you can call me Ilarion or Gui, and I hope I can meet more of you! ~is so happy to have meet people who've read the books~

oh yeah, and i agree with nicki about the rainbow... do the straight jackets come in orange?
                              ~I like running in circles~

Comment

• Sir Read-A-Lot: Hiya and welcome! Square dancingg is cool, as is strange logic! And what type of stuff do you do on the robotics team? ^_^ *hands straitjacket and cookies*

Nicki: Welcome! Yay, a lot of us are obsessed with reading! Do you collect books? And I agree with the "except-for-pink" thing - there are some shades of pink I like, but in general it is my least favorite color by far. *gives cookies and straitjacket*

Ilarion: Dai Stiho, hrasht! ^_^ A good way to meet more people on here is to jump into the Topic of Great Randomness. It's a fun place, filled with silliness. And yep, the straitjackets come in whatever color you want them to! Just like the cookies come in any flavor. *gives straitjacket and cookies*
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X