Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, no lurkers, please. That's no fun for anyone. It's much better to have deep, philosophical conversations when everyone participates. Don't be shy, step right up for the Young Wizards forums!
    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• thats not a real good way to get newbies to reply to you

Comment

• My Greetings to All!!

Hello Everyone,
        My name is Daniel but I like to be called Rick and that's the way my friends know me. I just dropped in to say hi to everyone. I believe that knowledge is something that will always remain with us throughout our life and help us lead a good life. The knowledge attain is always beneficial and that's the reason that I am here to connect with different people and gain some good knowledge. I hope that I am welcome here.
        Betting
        Play Internet Poker

Comment

• Hi Rick!

Nice to meet you! My name is Emi. I used to be a regular on here, but that kind of changed. I hope to go on more as the days go by... so I hope to see you around as well!

You will be welcomed with open arms.

Dai!
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Dai, cousin! Welcome!

*hands out straightjacket and cookies*

(that's the usual newbie package)

The more the merrier, so keep posting!

Comment

• welcome! *passes around cookies*

Comment

• Dai, everyone!

I figured I should introduce myself. I am araine as an online handle, Shannon in realpersondom. I am nineteen years old, and this is probably one of my most beloved fandoms. (No, honest. I had the Oath taped to my binder throughout middle school, and I have read the books many, many times over - along with other fannish exploits). I am fairly active in the livejournal side of this fandom (same username), so if you know me from there, it is lovely to see you!

I am looking forward to being active here and discussing and being fannish.
                Light is truly the cosmic messenger, bringing the stories of distant objects to Earth.

Comment

• Welcome, cousin! Glad to have you!

The newbie pack is:
                  -cookies
                  -straightjacket
                  -the FAQ's (just in case)

Hope to see you around! We have everything here that a YW fan could possibly discuss....and if we don't, someone's sure to make a thread. There's everything from the compatibility of Dairine/Roshuan to how wizardry relates to physics and all topics in between.

And that's why the newbie pack includes the straightjacket.

I'm probably the one who should be using the straightjacket though, as I am popularly agreed to be insane. *shifty eyes at Wolf and kk*

Sooo....dai stiho and well met on the journey!

Comment

• Dai, guys!
                    I signed up a couple of weeks ago but still haven't posted because my life is ridiculous (if I'm not on LiveJournal, it's gotten bad...). So, I'm Erin, I'll be eighteen in a month, my high school graduation in June cannot possibly come fast enough, and I've been reading this series since a friend gave me the first two for my tenth birthday. I have copies of the Oath laying around my room that I wrote out back in middle school, as well as some of the quotes from the beginnings of the books just... because. Yeah. I think that's about it, and unfortunately I may not be around as often as I would like, but I'll try.
                    Last edited by summer-breeze01; January 16, 2010, 04:18:26 PM.

Comment

• Welcome, summerbreeze. Here are your cookies and straightjacket. Oh wait! Do you want:
                      Peanut butter cookies
                      Chocolate Chip cookies
                      Sugar cookies
                      Oatmeal raisin cookies
                      Molasses cookies
                      There's the menu, take your pick.
                      "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• Lol, chocolate chip cookies are fine with me!

Sorry, just realized that was a one-liner. But a one-liner no more!
                        Last edited by summer-breeze01; January 22, 2010, 03:44:52 PM.

Comment

• Hi

Hi everyone I'm Valor and I just joined the forums.. the YW series is my favorite ever, and I've read a LOT of books, so thats saying something. Anyway.. it's great to be able to talk to other fans

Comment

• Hiyas! Welcome, Valor! Same here: lots of books, but YW is my favorite. This forum is the perfect place for YW fans...you can discuss everything from the theory of wizardry to how Wellakh works to who the Man in the Bar was. (Which still makes me giggle, since I had no idea until I came here.)

Here's some useful stuff:
                            the YW board-specific FAQ's (just in case)
                            -cookies!
                            -the traditional straightjacket...

..and as to WHY it's traditional- well, as one person put it: "Fear our sanity!...or lack of it."
                            Last edited by SilveredBlue; January 27, 2010, 08:56:49 PM.

Comment

• Araine: Haha, I had the Oath taped to my binders too! Oh, and welcome to the forums, by the way!

Summer-Breeze: Welcome! And nice save, on the one-liner!

Valor: Hi there, and welcome!

*Hands out straitjackets to you all*

SilveredBlue: Woo! Good job welcoming and giving out the Newbie Packs! And yes, they all should fear our sanity, or lack thereof, though they will join us soon enough.
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I've been a fan of this series for years and it's tied for my favorite book series (with the Magic Circle/Circle Opens books by Tamora Pierce), but I haven't really visited fan places like this very often. I probably won't post much, but it's more due to being afraid of seeing/reading something that messes up my mental image of the books than anything else xD

Comment

Working...
                                X