Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susuwatari- welcome! Ohgosh, Magic Circle + Circle Opens are a part of my Tower of Books! (which means I have yet to read them- but I trust they are excellent)

*hands out the mandatory straitjacket and plate of yummy cookies*

Trust me, you'll learn to love it here.
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• Wolf: If you look at susuwatari14's profile picture thing you will clearly see a cookie so can I get another one?

But welcome anyway susuwatari.
      "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Of course you can! Cookies all around.

Tell me if you're allergic to anything, cuz I tend to just whip out a whole huge thing of chocolate chip...

Anyway bring an coco? We'll sit by the fire and talk about the books. =)
        ..................~*Wolf*~..................
        AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
        Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• Hi guys! I'm new to the Young Wizards chat forums. I am a big fan of Diane Duane's books and I am waiting very patiently for A Wizard Of Mars. I couldn't believed it when I found out about the release date! I was staring at the screen for at least fifteen minuets before I believed what I was seeing. Anyone else here new?
          "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

• Hello and welcome, nita! *hands out cookies, straightjacket, and the FAQ's*

It's always nice to have new people join us! I know what you mean about the release date...I had filed AWoM in the back of my head under 'stuff that won't happen for a really long time' and it was a huge surprise to find it. I was even more excited to find out about the movie, though.

Comment

• Hello!

Hi everybody!
              I feel like a dropped out for a bit (school keeps getting a bit overwhelming... but I always come back : ) ) so I thought I would check in here.

I don't have much time right now, so I'll catch up o everything tomorrow. It looks like a bunch of stuff has happened!

So hi!

Dai! : )

(oh gosh. activity 0% ... I'll have to fix that!)
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Hi agian, smile. Lucky, you get the cookies and straightjacket for a second time! I guess you don't need the faqs, since you've been here before. Anyway, welcome back to our wonderful YW Discussion Forums!
                "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• dai sisters and brothers. I'm Permafry_42; i play a lot of video games; watch a lot of movies, animes, tv showes, and youtube video; i read many books (though not as much as i used to ever since i started listening to audio books while playing video games); i go on deviant art and youtube a lot, and make some pictures and videos for them; i read many comics (my favourite is calvin and hobbes, and i recommend you read them since they are outstanding); i have a total of 4.5 gb. of pictures, 305 gb. of videos, and 35 gb. of audio ( have a terabyte hdd); i LOVE to listen to music, and i listen to a lot of audio books. Oh yeah, and beyond all that i'm also getting A's and B's in high school.

Comment

• Thanks estar! I love cookies! And my previous straightjacket seems to have stopped functioning.

Hey permafry! I am proud to be the first to welcome you! Since everyone here is crazy, we give everyone a straightjacket when we meet them! So here is your straightjacket I am also giving you some cookies (as a welcome present).
                    So go check stuff out! We have lots of places to talk and explore.
                    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Dai Stiho' everyone! I'm new to this forum. My favorite book from the Young Wizards series is "The Wizard's Delimma" and I suppose my least favorite is "A Wizard Abroad". My favorite characters are Ponch and Roshaun, and I think both character ar very quotable. I also read a lot of other books besides the Young Wizards series. I always have a book with me, and I'm always looking for something new to read, so feel free to make suggestions.
                      Last edited by SapphireWizardry; March 4, 2010, 09:45:36 AM.
                      "But your dark Master has neither authority nor right to judge us. Therefore stand away, lackey, and keep silent in the presence of your betters."

Comment

• Dai, SapphireWizardry! I wondered when you would find this post when I saw you posting like crazy a few days ago. Welcome aboard.

Here is your customary straightjacket and cookies. Hope you enjoy them.

Finally! Someone understands! A lot of people here seem to love AWAbroad, but it's my least favorite in the series. I don't think it moves along fast enough, and it's not as sci fi as the others.
                        "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• It did take me a while to find this thread. I was so busy posting in all those great threads, that I must have over looked this section.

About A Wizard Abroad. I did notice that it wasn't as much of a sci fi book as the others were. I also felt as if it moved slowly at times. Of course there are other things I didn't like about the book, but I won't mention them, since not everyone has read it yet.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I look forward to "posting like crazy" some more.
                          "But your dark Master has neither authority nor right to judge us. Therefore stand away, lackey, and keep silent in the presence of your betters."

Comment

• Dai Stiho and well met on the journey! Or 'well met in the forum of craziness, acronyms, and good grammar", perhaps?

I am assuming that you've already read the FAQ's, or you don't need to in the first place, since your posts are 100% within the rules. So I won't give the link.

But do, do stop by the Topic of Great Randomness (aka the ToGR) sometime. It's something like the love child of a slow-motion chatbox and a status update, with quite a bit of email messaging and plain old-fashioned letter writing thrown in. It's also extremely hard to describe. Suffice it to say that it's the best and longest thread in the forum for having fun.

And hey, if you need book recommendations or would like to give some...drop me a line! I love to give people book titles, as ALL my friends know. And some know a little TOO well...hahaha.

Comment

• Ha, Sapphire (is it okay to just call you that?), you're getting lots of help here! No one ever told me about the ToGR, I found it on my own...*is jealous* anyway, yes, come to the ToGR!

Comment

• Hiya Sapphire!

Er.... I was gonna say a welcome speech, but SilveredBlue beat me too it. So I can offer these things:

*hand straitjacket* (To contain the insanity; the more of these you have, the better!)
                                *hands cookies* (To eat, of course!)

Oh, by the way, I think AWAb is probably my least favorite in the series... I mean, I loved the book, the Ronan/Nita stuff just weirded me out. The Irish Mythology stuff got me into reading the Book of Conquests and the stories of the great battles and invasions.

But anyways, welcome welcome!

Originally posted by SilveredBlue View Post
                                It's something like the love child of a slow-motion chatbox and a status update, with quite a bit of email messaging and plain old-fashioned letter writing thrown in. It's also extremely hard to describe. Suffice it to say that it's the best and longest thread in the forum for having fun.
                                SilveredBlue? *Starts speaking in announcer voice* I am presenting you with the award for "Best Description Of The Topic of Great Randomness That I Will Ever Hear Or Read." Here is your prize:

It's a Tumbleweed of Doom! Congratulations! *stops using announcer voice*
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X